The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is Glenn Beck leaving his Fox News show?

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    How many???

RK
    One, I can think of right now....

(since you asked, that doesn't violate the truce, does it?)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Jmtc, although it hasn't been said, I think his diagnosed macular dystrophy condition that he announced last July has something to do with it.

Also fwiw, I watched last night's show to see what he'd say about this leaving and it was basically that he's delivered the message that he felt needed to be said, i.e. "Paul Revere wasn't going to ride that horse forever. When the time for that was done, he went on to other things. "

Say whatever you want about Beck & "sheep", but how many pundits & pols tell people to "go do your own research","look it up for yourself" ? Anyone think you'll ever hear those words out of PBO's mouth?
    I think he's been helpful in a quite a few ways, especially in respect to his "E4 solution",
    “Enlightenment, Education, Empowerment and Entrepreneurship”.
    If more people would apply those principles to their lives, this country would be a better place, jmo.

Don't worry about "the right" Roger, save your concern for the poor folks on the left like Media Matters & MSNBC who will have to find someone else to hate on now.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

[QUOTE=BrianW;782353]Say whatever you want about Beck & "sheep", but how many pundits & pols tell people to "go do your own research","look it up for yourself" ? Anyone think you'll ever hear those words out of PBO's mouth?
    QUOTE]

Brian, I'm sure we'll never agree on Beck, and that's ok.

But I'll be the first to admit he encouraged his sheeple to do their own research. Then conveniently gives them links to HIS data and HIS opinion pages, and his book sales! Yessir, absolutley.

As for PBO telling people to "do thier own research", he went FAR beyond that. Did you see his address to school children? Encouraging them to get an education is by far the most powerful way to empower a populace. He's not afraid of education for American citizens. He hasn't tried laying off teachers, cutting educational programs, and bragged about being a "c" student!

Again, I don't expect either of us will convince the other of anything different, but you did ask.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    One, I can think of right now....

(since you asked, that doesn't violate the truce, does it?)
    I would hope not.
    An honest question.

If you are inferring that I listen to him, when he comes on the radio station I listen to in the morning I change to another station.
    He has been dropped from WISN in Milwaukee.

Reason?
    RATINGS!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I would hope not.
    An honest question.

If you are inferring that I listen to him, when he comes on the radio station I listen to in the morning I change to another station.
    He has been dropped from WISN in Milwaukee.

Reason?
    RATINGS!!!!

RK
    The only reason entertainers are kept on the air is to make money for the radio station(s) they brodcast on through advertising sales. If their ratings fail they are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Brian, I'm sure we'll never agree on Beck, and that's ok.

But I'll be the first to admit he encouraged his sheeple to do their own research. Then conveniently gives them links to HIS data and HIS opinion pages, and his book sales! Yessir, absolutley.
    Yes, he does. But isn't that what we request from just about everyone here? "Gotta link for that?" Then there's also the info so you can go look at "their" own words/sites, like the "Responsibility to Protect" that's helped get us into Libya.

As for PBO telling people to "do thier own research", he went FAR beyond that. Did you see his address to school children? Encouraging them to get an education is by far the most powerful way to empower a populace. He's not afraid of education for American citizens. He hasn't tried laying off teachers, cutting educational programs, and bragged about being a "c" student!

Again, I don't expect either of us will convince the other of anything different, but you did ask.
    As far as Obama encouraging kids to get educated, layoffs, cuts etc., that's a distraction from the point/thread here & deserves it's own thread. On the contrary, when PBO makes a statement, that's the way it is, finito. I.e "The science is in, the debate is over." That is, at least, until it's politically expedient to change his mind.

We definitely agree that we disagree! And that's ok too.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791