The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Least Peaceful state?

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    NOLA was 14th.

When it come to Laffy, we have it all. Ready for this? We ahve 17 Sushi restaurants though only two are Fine Dining, the rest are casual. Thai, Korean, Vitnamese, Lebanese, Iranian, Greek, on and on and on.

I have a friend that is making a fortune after developing the iCrawfish apt for Smartphones. He has over 800 subscribers across all south La of who has them and how much!!! All the carwfsh and seafood houses pay him an annual fee. Makes it easy for a person to use thier iCrawfish apt so they know where to go!!!

Damn! I need to plan a trip!
    You talkin' my language!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Damn! I need to plan a trip!
    You talkin' my language!
    Crawfish eatin' is peaking now! I boiled 25lbs last Saturday.

I can suggest a 5star B & B just north of town in a historic setting.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Crawfish eatin' is peaking now! I boiled 25lbs last Saturday.

I can suggest a 5star B & B just north of town in a historic setting.
    Man, that sounds good!

I never knew Lafayette had grown into a culinary mecca. We'll definately have to make a trip when down south next.

I gotta say though, NOLA has a permanent place in our hearts. Ain't nothin like strolling Royale St in the morning, and hitting Brennans for a Bloody Mary to start the day off right!

Whole reason I posted this thread, was to shine a positive light on La and NOLA.....I hate seeing them disparaged in the media like that...by someone who has never been to a crawfish boil, or ate a hunk of King Cake.

ca va,
    dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Laura, you need to hang out more often with us on Potus! Me and you could agree on a bunch of issues
    Franco- you could become the next Jerry. I sure miss his comments about his "women"
    John Abramson

Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laura McCaw View Post
    Geeze and here I was thinking California was the laziest with the state going bankrupt just trying to cater to those who don't want to get a job!! But then again, I guess working on the streets with a cardboard sign is considered the newest fad for a job!
    Do they sleep at the Capitol Building?

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 04-07-2011 at 12:07 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Laura, you need to hang out more often with us on Potus! Me and you could agree on a bunch of issues
    Haha, I would but I think I would get banned. I have to many feelings on certain subjects or wait, could it be hatred????? I am Texas born, Texas bred, and as we speak, trying to find a way to get the heck out of this liberal, stuck-up, no good for anything state!!! Been here since 2005 and still haven't found a thing I like about it! I have only met a handful of people that I would consider good people. They call it the Golden State and now I think I know why, when summers come around, everything turns brown/golden... then you have the fires in the summers that I guess are golden as well.

By the way, I have been searching on Cajun Grocer and been thinking about ordering me some Gator Nuggets!!!
    Laura

~Retriever families are like fudge, mostly sweet, with a few nuts!~

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post

Franco- you could become the next Jerry. I sure miss his comments about his "women"
    There was only one Jerry. In fact, when I was boiling crawfish last Saturday, I thought of him since he gave me the propane burner that I used!

Jerry did a much better job than I ever hope too in flirting with women!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Laura McCaw View Post
    Haha, I would but I think I would get banned. I have to many feelings on certain subjects or wait, could it be hatred????? I am Texas born, Texas bred, and as we speak, trying to find a way to get the heck out of this liberal, stuck-up, no good for anything state!!! Been here since 2005 and still haven't found a thing I like about it! I have only met a handful of people that I would consider good people. They call it the Golden State and now I think I know why, when summers come around, everything turns brown/golden... then you have the fires in the summers that I guess are golden as well.

By the way, I have been searching on Cajun Grocer and been thinking about ordering me some Gator Nuggets!!!
    I hear ya!

I live in L A 1991/92 working in radio. Loved the weather and mountains but missed home. I was there during the Rodney King riot and they were lucky they didn't try and mess with me!

I'd take Texas over Cali any day of the week!
    Last edited by Franco; 04-07-2011 at 12:25 PM.

I hear ya!

I live in L A 1991/92 working in radio.
    I'd take Texas over Cali any day of the week!
    I've been to LA twice.

I'd rather handle a weiner-dog in a final series than ever go back to LA for a third time.

Sorry but Shreveport and NO (outside the main tourist sections) are just not very safe. Ialso get the lazy thing and tyhe unsafe going together. Why work 40 hours a week when you can steal it in 30 minutes?