The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reid on shutdown: "It looks like it's headed in that direction"

I think we should all demand they give up their paychecks the Pres says we all have to sacrifice its easy to talk the talk, now its time to walk the walk.
    I really dont consider any of them an "essential employee"
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    I think we should all demand they give up their paychecks the Pres says we all have to sacrifice its easy to talk the talk, now its time to walk the walk.
    I think we should demand that the President take this seriously and do his job!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post

Do you really think giving up $174,000 will affect people who own $8 million boats, and 12 houses??

Sounds good, but won't make a lick of difference in their stupidity and greed.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Do you really think giving up $174,000 will affect people who own $8 million boats, and 12 houses??

Sounds good, but won't make a lick of difference in their stupidity and greed.
    I agree Dave, I don't think that would affect Nancy Pelosi, the Clintons, Soros, Michael Moore or Al Gore one bit!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

If the Republicans would take out their demand for planned parenthood there would be an agreement.

Democrats have painted the conflict as one solely over the abortion issue, arguing that Republicans refuse to drop their push to scrap funding for Planned Parenthood even at risk of a shutdown.
    Boehner disputed that Friday morning.
    “There is only one reason that we do not have an agreement as yet and that issue is spending,” Boehner told the press in brief remarks.
    Reid told reporters earlier Friday that the dispute over depth of the spending reductions has been resolved and that he and Boehner have agreed on $38 billion in cuts.
    The impasse solely hinges on government funding for health centers that include Planned Parenthood, an abortion provider, Reid said.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...gree?gt1=43001

I'm sure losing his paycheck wouldn't bother his lifestyle one bit I just dont think you should ask the American people to do something you wouldn't do. Its easy to sit and say Just shut it down when it doesn't affect them at all. Maybe they would work harder at finding a soluition if it was their check not going in the bank.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    If the Republicans would take out their demand for planned parenthood there would be an agreement.

Democrats have painted the conflict as one solely over the abortion issue, arguing that Republicans refuse to drop their push to scrap funding for Planned Parenthood even at risk of a shutdown.
    Boehner disputed that Friday morning.
    “There is only one reason that we do not have an agreement as yet and that issue is spending,” Boehner told the press in brief remarks.
    Reid told reporters earlier Friday that the dispute over depth of the spending reductions has been resolved and that he and Boehner have agreed on $38 billion in cuts.
    The impasse solely hinges on government funding for health centers that include Planned Parenthood, an abortion provider, Reid said.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...gree?gt1=43001
    If the Democrats would drop their demand to fund abortions there would be an agreement.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Can anyone remember any other President that started a war and cut off paying the military, all within a month??

Just askin'.....

RK
    The young, hard-charging Marine enlisted man fighting for his country somewhere overseas probably has a wife with kids living on a base somewhere stateside who now won't be able to buy food for her family thanks to the Vacation President. Hell, with the surge in oil prices today (again thanks to President F U and the Chairsatan of the Federal Reserve) she probably couldn't afford to drive to the grocery store anyway.

We live in Cuba now.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    The young, hard-charging Marine enlisted man fighting for his country somewhere overseas probably has a wife with kids living on a base somewhere stateside who now won't be able to buy food for her family thanks to the Vacation President. Hell, with the surge in oil prices today (again thanks to President F U and the Chairsatan of the Federal Reserve) she probably couldn't afford to drive to the grocery store anyway.

We live in Cuba now.
    You don't understand, this vacation was already planned.

C'mon man!!!

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 04-08-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Just knowing that the wife of a military man fighting overseas has to use food stamps to buy groceries for her family makes me cry. And our President dines on kobe beef every week.

Bring them all home.