The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Least Peaceful state?

Default Least Peaceful state?

Study: Maine the most peaceful U.S. state, Louisiana the least

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theloo...iana-the-least

Who ever came up with this never sat on a bayou listening to bullfrogs with a fishin' pole!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Study: Maine the most peaceful U.S. state, Louisiana the least

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theloo...iana-the-least

Who ever came up with this never sat on a bayou listening to bullfrogs with a fishin' pole!
    Whoever came up with that probaly tried to tell somebody from LA what to do. Or what they couldn't do. Like not drill in their own water...
    Bill Davis

The part is funny.
    "It's worth noting that Louisiana was ranked as the laziest U.S. state in a separate study last year. Apparently, kicking back and taking it easy doesn't amount to a life of calm in the eyes of some, though many Louisianians, this reporter among them, would probably argue that they're not lazy or non-peaceful, just misunderstood."
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Geez, we are the laziest Too! I thought Colorado had that title all to themselves being the world's largest importer of Chinese bongs.

Blame New Orleans for that Least Peaceful State recognition. The black on black murder rate is through the roof. Like about 300-400 per year. Tourist are safe since that is where the city places most of their resources. Just don't wonder into areas with Section 8 housing.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Having lived in both NOLA and rural Louisiana, I found that article a bunch of BUNK!

Yeah, probably drove through the lower 9th, and formed an impression of the whole state.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

This side of the Atchafalaya Swamp (southwest La) is very different than southeast La.

Full employment, great shopping and dining. In fact, I posted something on Facebook on Monday where Lafayette has surpassed New Orleans in the number of fine dining restaurants as well as total restaurants.

In all fairness to N O, they still have a long way to go in recovery. Many of the professinals have not returned, many originally from there.

Restaurant activity (does not include Fast Food) is a barometer of the finanacial well-being of a community. Lafayette was ranked #9 in the USA in total fine dining restaurants.
    Last edited by Franco; 04-06-2011 at 06:59 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Restaurant activity (does not include Fast Food) is a barometer of the finanacial well-being of a community. Lafayette was ranked #9 in the USA in total fine dining restaurants.
    I did not frequent Lafayette. That is amazing. More than NOLA??

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I did not frequent Lafayette. That is amazing. More than NOLA??
    NOLA was 14th.

When it come to Laffy, we have it all. Ready for this? We ahve 17 Sushi restaurants though only two are Fine Dining, the rest are casual. Thai, Korean, Vitnamese, Lebanese, Iranian, Greek, on and on and on.

I have a friend that is making a fortune after developing the iCrawfish apt for Smartphones. He has over 800 subscribers across all south La of who has them and how much!!! All the carwfsh and seafood houses pay him an annual fee. Makes it easy for a person to use thier iCrawfish apt so they know where to go!!!

Geeze and here I was thinking California was the laziest with the state going bankrupt just trying to cater to those who don't want to get a job!! But then again, I guess working on the streets with a cardboard sign is considered the newest fad for a job!
    Laura

~Retriever families are like fudge, mostly sweet, with a few nuts!~

Laura, you need to hang out more often with us on Potus! Me and you could agree on a bunch of issues