The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AC360/Even David Gergen is Becomes Fed Up with Teabagger

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    Watching AC360 tonight David Gergen was talking with a teabagger in a round table discussion on the budget and the possible shutdown of the government. Usually the reserved Gergen is dignified and matter of fact. Tonight, much out of character, he threw his hands up in frustration over the over the comments of a teabagger who wasn't making logical arguments. Even a conservative like Gergan, who has served in three Republican administrations, finds these people impossible.
    Lost, we have had this battle on here a few times already. If you have nothing better to do than use a foul, disgusting term in reference to people you disagree with, I suggest you need to take a long look in the mirror.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Affix whatever label you want to Mr. Gergen. He has shown himself to be reasonable in many instances, working with numerous administrations, and I'm straining my memory to recall ANY negative comments about his political acumen or advice.

I just heard that discussion on the radio, but had mental images of him throwing his arms in the air, which indeed, is uncharacteristic of him.....whatever nametag you pin on him. I didn't "affix a label" or "pin a nametag" on David Gergen. David Gergen has stated that he considers himself an independent. David Gergen has stated that's he registered to vote as an Independent. You see the difference there, right?

And once again, we see there are two distinct camps......ultra right wing tea party.....and all the other worthless imbeciles that pretend to be republican or independents. I know, I'm one of them. That's a little harsh and self-loathing, but if the loafer fits....

Did you hear her comments, Hew? I would be very interested to hear what you thought. I suspect there were conservatives all over who were praying for a commercial break, or a broken mic, or anything to shut her up! She could have spoken in Pig Latin with a melting ice cream cone perched precariously on her head and made an utter fool of herself and it still would have absolutely no bearing on my previous comments. Losthway trying to characterize Gergen as a conservative in order to make his point was absurd and self-serving.

Since you asked my opinion on her performance, I watched the video. Yeah, she didn't do a good job with the Planned Parenthood question. So apparently your response is that the entire Tea Party movement is bankrupt because the gal was out-matched by three media pros who have more combined time in front of a camera than she does on Earth? I would have thought you of all people would be defending her. You both claim independence from political parties. You both claim to be deficit hawks. You both appear socially awkward at times. You both find yourselves frequently outmatched in a political discussion. She should be your dream girl and you should be going all Travis Bickell on her.
    Last edited by Hew; 04-08-2011 at 07:57 AM.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Portugal has just gone over the edge of the precipice and appealed to the IMF for a bailout.
    With PBO & Reid behind the wheel, we're going over the cliff at 100 mph and under the current moderate "deal", we merely slow down to, maybe, 80.

There can be no compromise when it comes to suicide, imo. If that's being "stuck on ideology", just go ahead & label me "extreme".

Fwiw, I think we need a "shutdown", if for no other reason than to give folks a "preview of coming attractions" of life as a 3rd world country under the auspices of the IMF if we don't stop this insanity.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I hope I get all the coffee out of my keyboard that I just spit up from laughing with my mouth full. I am not sure you pretend to be a republican or an independent. You state it pretty regularly, all evidence to the contrary.

I really only have one question, in what way do you see or view "tea partiers" as ultra right wing?

I didn't know wanting to cut taxes was an extreme position.
    Didn't realize you had a "drinking problem".

Since when is running the national debt over $10 trillion conservative either?
    You are right, I am a deficit hawk, and support cuts completely and FAIRLY. That does NOT mean cutting home heating subsidies, while giving tax credits to multinational corporations. I thought you would agree with that. Sacrafice must be shared, to be accepted.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

However, targeting Planned Parenthood is not only a losing proposition for the Tea Party, it will be used against them by the media. Instead fo making a stand on PP, they should be making a stand on other cuts that won't alienate the middle. Because, in order to win in 2012, they are going to need that middle.
    They would have more cred fighting for cuts in pork/earmarks.
    That was what David Gergan was trying to get through to her as well. He mention that PP was small matter compared to the overall budget and 2012. She didn't want to hear any of it.
    Their support may be slipping. A new poll from the Washington Post and ABC shows that support for the tea party movement appears to be slipping, reports the Right Now blog:
    • The percentage who hold an unfavorable view of the movement rose from 39% in March to 50%.
    • The decline is particularly sharp among 18- to 29-year-olds, whose views shifted from a positive 43%-38% to a negative 27%-60%.
    • 45% of white Southerners have an unfavorable view, up from 30%.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Portugal has just gone over the edge of the precipice and appealed to the IMF for a bailout.
    With PBO & Reid behind the wheel, we're going over the cliff at 100 mph and under the current moderate "deal", we merely slow down to, maybe, 80.

There can be no compromise when it comes to suicide, imo. If that's being "stuck on ideology", just go ahead & label me "extreme".

Fwiw, I think we need a "shutdown", if for no other reason than to give folks a "preview of coming attractions" of life as a 3rd world country under the auspices of the IMF if we don't stop this insanity.
    A shut down now would do a lot of damage to the GOP since the Dems and media are hanging the impass on funding for Planned Parenthood. The overwhelming majority see the need for it and are Pro Choice.

I've been warning the Tea Party supporters that if they stray from the message of balancing the budget and eliminating the deficit, that it would come back to haunt them. Inserting other political issues into the debate, especially the abortion issue, will only weaken the Tea Party's chances.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Didn't realize you had a "drinking problem".

Since when is running the national debt over $10 trillion conservative either?
    You are right, I am a deficit hawk, and support cuts completely and FAIRLY. That does NOT mean cutting home heating subsidies,.

OK, please explain to me why I should pay for someone to turn their heat way up while we cut firewood, deal with cleaning out the woodstove and everything that goes along with it. I haul wood all winter and deal with the mess to reduce my heating bill which also reduces my electric consumption which helps reduce electric consumption but yet I pay for someone elses bill. Screw that crap.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The term "Tea Bagger" is offensive.
    There is no excuse for using it, none.

It is a derogatory slang term having a definition in based sexual inuendo.

To pretend anything else is intellectually dishonest.
    If by some 1 in a million chance someone was not aware of this well known fact, consider yourself now informed.

Just tryin' to help..........

RK
    Add me to this list of now informed. First I ever heard of it in a sexual context, and I am far from niave. I'm the one that attempted to explain gerbilling in non graphic terms. Maybe it is a regional thing? Can't be a generation thing.
    Oh good lord I'm defending a liberal. NOT GOOD.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The term "Tea Bagger" is offensive.
    There is no excuse for using it, none.
    It is a derogatory slang term having a definition in based sexual inuendo.
    To pretend anything else is intellectually dishonest.
    If by some 1 in a million chance someone was not aware of this well known fact, consider yourself now informed.
    Just tryin' to help..........

RK
    You may be right. Though I can't for the life of me recall such indignation when terms and phrases like "dummycrats", circle jerk, fellate Obama (these came from who have replied to this thread) have been posted here in the last 30 days. Can you?
    Just tryin' to help as well.......
    Last edited by Losthwy; 04-08-2011 at 09:02 AM.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    You may be right. Though I can't for the life of me recall such indignation when terms like "dummycrats" have been posted here. Can you?
    Is "dummycrat" a slang word for a deviant sexual act?

If so, my apologies.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis