The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tea Party Done???

Tea Partiers can be more than one thing... like an MD and a PhD. Or a college professor and a neuroscientist... the RN who takes care of your family member in the ICU... The person who pays you for your services and stands behind you in the checkout line, or a retired veteran or a paramedic or a fireman... They can be almost anything.

What they are least likely to be are free-loaders and second generation welfare recipients.

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    In my view it is OK if a tea partier is more one thing. But, someone cannot be a tea partier if they do not believe in the concept of limited government and lower taxes. A tea partier can be other things as well but the tenants of limited government and lower taxes must be present.
    True, until they added abortion to thier cause. Now, thier 15 minutes of fame is done. Tea Party will make a lot of noise between now and the election but, that is all it will be, noise.

Just watch and see.
    Last edited by Franco; 04-10-2011 at 08:49 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    True, until they added abortion to thier cause. Now, thier 15 minutes of fame is done. Tea Party will make a lot of noise between now and the election but, that is all it will be, noise.

Just watch and see.
    They did NOT add abortion to their cause.

They added TAXPAYER FUNDED abortion.

Please tell me you see the difference?

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

The Republicans still have not come up with a front runner for President in 2012. Nor have they come up with a 2nd or 3rd runner for President in 2012. What platform would a Republican Presidential pretender run on the Tea Party platform??????????? Please say yes

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

Just watch and see.
    You say that tea partiers added abortion to their cause. hogwash. Some tea partiers happen to believe a good place to make cuts is in planned parenthood or taxpayer funded abortion. It is not a tenant of the tea party movement. There are many issues facing our nation. a politician can believe in the tenants of the tea party and have positions on all these other issues as well.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    They did NOT add abortion to their cause.

They added TAXPAYER FUNDED abortion.

Please tell me you see the difference?

RK
    The American people will see it as an attack on abortions, which it is. There is no way of hiding that.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

You say that tea partiers added abortion to their cause. hogwash. Some tea partiers happen to believe a good place to make cuts is in planned parenthood or taxpayer funded abortion. It is not a tenant of the tea party movement. There are many issues facing our nation. a politician can believe in the tenants of the tea party and have positions on all these other issues as well.
    It is a fatal stratergy. Too much other waste to go after then one which will mobilize and ignite the left.

I'll be honest. I do not want to pay for anyones abortion. LIkewise I do not want to pay for someones brat.
    The simple position is YOU BREED IT YOU PAY FOR IT.
    UNtil this country is willing to make those that breed pay for their spawn we will never fix the problem.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Banned

You are right, there are more issues than abortion. How about union busting as is being done in Wisconsin , Indiana and Utah which affects teachers and public employees by reducing their income by 8%. In some of the States it also affects Police and Firemen and their families. The American people in these professions are taking notice and if it can happen in these states, it could also happen to them too. Because of union busting how many votes do you think it will cost the Republican party come November 2012?????????????????? You have to know there are alot of Republican teachers, public employees, police and firemen in the United States and union busting and losing 8% of their paycheck will be in the back of their minds not to mention the Independent voters who also belong to these professions.

How about Medicare and Medicade and Social Security-------------- How many elderly are Republicans and once you mess with their social security you have lost their votes as well.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 04-10-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post

I'll be honest. I do not want to pay for anyones abortion. LIkewise I do not want to pay for someones brat.
    Which option will cost tax payers more?