Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Planned Parenthood--- What It Does

Banned

Default Planned Parenthood--- What It Does

What Planned Parenthood actually does

By Ezra Klein

(Planned Parenthood)
    With Planned Parenthood being either the major obstacle to a budget deal or one of the major obstacles to a budget deal, itís worth taking a minute explaining what they do ó and what they donít do.

As you can see in the chart atop this post, abortion services account for about 3 percent of Planned Parenthoodís activities. Thatís less than cancer screening and prevention (16 percent), STD testing for both men and women (35 percent), and contraception (also 35 percent). About 80 percent of Planned Parenthoodís users are over age 20, and 75 percent have incomes below 150 percent of the poverty line. Planned Parenthood itself estimates it prevents more than 620,000 unintended pregnancies each year, and 220,000 abortions. Itís also worth noting that federal law already forbids Planned Parenthood from using the funds it receives from the government for abortions.
    So though the fight over Planned Parenthood might be about abortion, Planned Parenthood itself isnít about abortion. Itís primarily about contraception and reproductive health. And if Planned Parenthood loses funding, what will mainly happen is that cancer screenings and contraception and STD testing will become less available to poorer people. Folks with more money, of course, have many other ways to receive all these services, and tend to get them elsewhere already.

And the Republicans want to end funding for Planned Parenthood

Republican political suicide is what it is!

By making Abortion an issue for 2012, they just handed Obama his second term.

I have warned that they need to keep the focus on the economy, the budgit and deficit. Those issues they could win with. But no, they had to awake the sleeping giant and it will be their downfall.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Planned parenthood is a private entity. The gov't should stop giving money to them for that reason alone.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Planned parenthood is a private entity. The gov't should stop giving money to them for that reason alone.
    In theory, yes.

But, instead of taking on an issue that will rally the opposition why not go after Corporate Welfare or Tax Loop Holes or cutting unneeded Depts like Education or Energy?

No doubt that private donations to PP to keep them providing the services they do will happen if they are defunded.
    Last edited by Franco; 04-10-2011 at 08:25 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    In theory, yes.

But, instead of taking on an issue that will rally the opposition why not go after Corporate Welfare or Tax Loop Holes or cutting unneeded Depts like Education or Energy?

No doubt that private donations to PP to keep them providing the services they do will happen if they are defunded.
    Hey I'm 100% behind eliminating the Dept of ED and the Dept of Energy.
    I'm also behind eliminating corporate loopholes. But I also think we need to eliminate all child credits.
    I don't think the actual taxpayers should pay for other peoples' kids.
    I can't support anything that gives my money to someone else and they have a negative tax bill.

Banned

I don't believe the Republicans have the clout to overturn Roe V Wade so they go after anything that has to do with abortion to try to pick abortion apart piece by piece. All they are doing is pi$$ing off the voters and are going to make abortion one of the main issues in the next election and not only hand Obama another term but keep more Republicans out of the House and Senate in the next election.

Banned

Hey I'm 100% behind eliminating the Dept of ED and the Dept of Energy.
    I'm also behind eliminating corporate loopholes. But I also think we need to eliminate all child credits.
    I don't think the actual taxpayers should pay for other peoples' kids.
    I can't support anything that gives my money to someone else and they have a negative tax bill.
    Sooooooooooo, I take it then you support Obamacare because then everyone would contribute to the cost of health insurance.

Of course there is another alternative, The low income families could always flood the emergency rooms at hospitals because they do not turn down people there and the cost would sent your insurance premiums and health care through the roof to compensate for their inability to pay. Or, we could just let the low income people just die off one by one until there aren't any.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 04-10-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Sooooooooooo, I take it then you support Obamacare because then everyone would contribute to the cost of health insurance.
    NO!!!!!! The welfare slime would pay nothing as usual! Get your facts straight. Everyone would not pay.
    Obumma care costs me money. My rates went up.
    OBUMMA CARE is redistribution of earnings.
    IT IS BS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post

Of course there is another alternative, The low income families could always flood the emergency rooms at hospitals because they do not turn down people there and the cost would sent your insurance premiums and health care through the roof to compensate for their inability to pay. Or, we could just let the low income people just die off one by one until there aren't any.

NON emergancies should not be treated at an ER end of story.
    ILLEGALS SHOULD NEVER BE TREATED> They should be arrested and thrown
    back over the fence as is.

NO!!!!!! The welfare slime would pay nothing as usual! Get your facts straight. Everyone would not pay.
    Obumma care costs me money. My rates went up.
    OBUMMA CARE is redistribution of earnings.
    IT IS BS!!!!!
    Any chances we had at eliminating or limiting Obama Care just went out the window now that the Republicans have added abortion to the debate!