The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Planned Parenthood--- What It Does

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Looney ideas...you mean like GAY marriage? Partial birth abortion? Paying welfare for unwedded baby mills?

Or do you mean the looney idea of bringing terrorists to the US for trials.

Or the looney idea of the AG of the USA no longer enforcing a LAW-OF-THE-LAND...or allowing the Obamacare bill that's been ruled unconstitutional to continue as if no Federal Judge had declared it such.

HEY!!! Here's a looney idea...wonder what your mother might have done when carrying you, had there been a PP organization in operation in your neighborhood?

UB
    Actually my sister and me were planned.

My parents were married in 1937 and me being the oldest was born in 1946

So I guess I am one of those called a baby boomer.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 04-10-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Actually my sister and me were planned.

My parents were married in 1937 and me being the oldest was born in 1946

So I guess I am one of those called a baby boomer.
    Why?
    Bill Davis

Why take such extreme views? PP is about more than just abortions. They provide other services as well. They provide a valuable service, but I'm not sure the govt should be funding them, or other non-profits.

Someone came up with the idea that the govt should take care of he needy, i.e. welfare & Medicaid. As surely as there are rules for qualifying for these stipends, there should be rules for limiting the # of children these people can add to the roles. If you go on welfare with one child, that's all you get paid for. Give birth control devices or tubal ligations at no cost, if necessary, but do not increase the stipend for future children. I think that might slow things down a bit. Even local non-govt homeless shelters have rules like "You can't stay here if you keep drinking."
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Why?
    Here is the definition of baby boomer just for you lil RK.

ba∑by boom∑er
    1. somebody born in baby boom: somebody born during a baby boom, especially the one following the end of World War II

Here is the definition of baby boomer just for you lil RK.

ba∑by boom∑er
    1. somebody born in baby boom: somebody born during a baby boom, especially the one following the end of World War II
    I wasn't asking why you were a boomer. I was asking why you were planned.
    Bill Davis

Banned

I wasn't asking why you were a boomer. I was asking why you were planned.
    I guess you would not know would you lil RK

I guess you would not know would you lil RK
    You know Roger...Lil RK is not a bad thing... I'll take it and wear it as a compliment. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. And you are imitating me, since I am the one who coined Little Rog...And Big Rog Thanks for the compliment, but I would rather you not try to be like me... You are embarrasing yourself. If that is even possible.

But there is one major difference. While you are complimenting me by imitating me, and nicknaming me after an obvious patriot like RK...

I am not complimenting Little Rog by comparing him to a complete lunatic (you). It is not a compliment to compare you to Little Rog and his many "online personna's"
    Bill Davis

Banned

You know Roger...Lil RK is not a bad thing... I'll take it and wear it as a compliment. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. And you are imitating me, since I am the one who coined Little Rog...And Big Rog Thanks for the compliment, but I would rather you not try to be like me... You are embarrasing yourself. If that is even possible.

But there is one major difference. While you are complimenting me by imitating me, and nicknaming me after an obvious patriot like RK...

I am not complimenting Little Rog by comparing him to a complete lunatic (you). It is not a compliment to compare you to Little Rog and his many "online personna's"
    Trust me, you couldn't fill RK's boots. You're just a wannabe
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 04-11-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    I can't support anything that gives my money to someone else and they have a negative tax bill.
    And that point of view shared by many.

Planned Parenthood has received federal funding since 1970, when President Richard Nixon signed into law the Family Planning Services and Population Research Act, amending the Public Health Service Act. Title X of that law provides funding for family planning services, including contraception and family planning information. The law enjoyed bipartisan support from liberals who saw contraception access as increasing families' control over their lives, and conservatives who saw it as a way to keep people off welfare (Wikipedia).

Is it cost effective in the overall scheme for taxpayers, if it prevents 620,000 unintended pregnancies and 220,000 abortions?

What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

how come there is a little roger and a little RK and not a little Ken Bora? Nobody ever wants to be just like me. Always left out of the cool cliques

UB, think of it as a shoot growing off a tree. You can ether nip it off early or have to deal with it once it grows. Imagine all the prison beds and welfare checks we would need without those contraception services alone. It is just cost effective, from a practical standpoint.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin