The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: From our "friends" across the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Fast? Then you ought to have some front-runners, or at least a field by now??

Who ya got? Palin? Bachmann? Trump? Ricky?

They're just clamoring for position!!
    Our front-runner?? Obama
    Bill Davis

Just curious....

Since you seem a stickler for manners and class...and all that.....

What did you think of Bush massaging Merkel's shoulders?

I missed your comments on that, and am just wondering what etiquette rule he was conforming to at that time?
    It's patently obvious that a little research on manners and class would be far more beneficial to you than to me. Have at it big boy, and how about a few more of your famous last words? So classy.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

gosh darnit! I try to avoid such harsh language, but sometimes it just seems to fit!

Maybe just a good ol' "that one bit ya in yer arse!" would have worked too.

DNF. I feel like I've asked you repeatedly to discontinue this behavior.

This is your final warning.

Are we clear, or shall I just ban your account and ask you not to register any alias accounts going forward?

To all of you...be civil, please, please, please...or be banned.

Chris Atkinson

217-454-0361
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post

Are we clear, or shall I just ban your account and ask you not to register any alias accounts going forward?

Chris Atkinson

217-454-0361
    Chris,

If this is out of bounds, I'll just do something else. The woodenboat and sailing forums have political forums (bilge pits) that have perfectly civil, respectful disagreements.

Its not you. I'm not you, but if I were, I'd disband this waste of time room. It brings out the worst in people (kennel rage, if you will).

I was referencing a quote made repeatedly by another here, and even qualified it with an old fashion cliche. If that's too much, then I'll see you on the RTF only.

In fact, I would encourage you to abolish this waste of time forum. It seems like you spend a disproportionate amount of your time here.

I type this in the forum rather than PM, as I have repeatedly been accused of being the forum "tattle tale", when in fact, the banned person and others have pointed out who that "road-type" person really is. If I have something to say, I will say it in public.

Respectfully,
    Dave F
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post

Chris Atkinson

217-454-0361
    Whoa, wait a minute. Who registered alias accounts, and why does that even come up?? Are you saying I have, or would do such a thing?

If that accusation is going to fly, perhaps you better just close my account. I have never been anything but honest with you, and that has contrary implications.

Please tell me if I read that wrong.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Whoa, wait a minute. Who registered alias accounts, and why does that even come up?? Are you saying I have, or would do such a thing?
    LOL. Yes, and you proved without a shadow of a doubt, using geometric logic, that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist and you know who ate the strawberrys. And you would have produced that key, too, if you hadn't run yourself off from RTF!
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

.....In fact, I would encourage you to abolish this waste of time forum. It seems like you spend a disproportionate amount of your time here. ......

Respectfully,
    Dave F

Dave,
    Aren't you one of the most frequent post makers here in POTUS?
    Top 4 at least.
    And you type somebody else spends too much time here?
    Gosh Friend, has somebody pilfered your bathroom mirror?

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    LOL. a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist and you know who ate the strawberrys.

Old Yellow Stain strikes again

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Dave,
    Top 4 at least.
    And you type somebody else spends too much time here?
    Gosh Friend, has somebody pilfered your bathroom mirror?

Yes Ken, I happen to enjoy political debate. Unfortunately, as Hews post above demonstrates, this place has a cadre of people with an agenda and inablilty to have a civil discussion without resorting to personal insults.

You and I have disagreed in a very civil manner, and came away what I would consider "friends". Many others also. In case you haven't noticed, there is a cadre of those who constantly launch personal insults, to the point where Yardley, Duck, and several others who dare to disagree with the trio of excellence, have left. The more I ignore them, the more they attempt to drag me into thier cesspools.

The only reason I stick around here is folks like you, franco, cary, and many others who can debate without getting personal.

Even stan cried when I quoted his "headshot" comment. Get it? Its ok to scream HEADSHOT at a liberal or indie, but when I just reference his quote, it gets called. Just sayin.....frankly I don't care. I have far better things to do now that the weather is warming and business is getting ramped up.

If my reference to Stan's comment is taboo, Chris is free to ban me, and Stan and his group can celebrate and self-congratulate. I'll be in the field with the dog, or on the boat. Either way, if this forum can't be conducted in an adult, civil tone, I sure as hell have better things to do. If it can, I enjoy participating.

Chris: if my comments above don't jive, please remove me from the list. I will not be offended in any way, in fact, I will probably thank you. In all honesty, I see more and more of this type of behavior seeping onto the main training forums, and gather less and less useful info there as well. The few accomplished trainers who have something to offer often get mired in insults there as well by these very types.

Stan succeeded in snitching to get Gibson banned, whom I have continued a friendship with on photography forums, and have heard the entire story of what happened. Perhaps he has succeeded in getting me to leave as well.

I will keep in touch, and consider you a friend as well, and will respect any decision you make. For the ounce of good discussion I get here, it costs pounds of fat and sinew.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Dave,
    Top 4 at least.
    And you type somebody else spends too much time here?Gosh Friend, has somebody pilfered your bathroom mirror?

Not participating..........policing.

I'm sure Chris had other ideas in mind when creating this site.