The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Emerging Force

Default Emerging Force

I am watching Trump.
    I do not think he is stupid, goofy maybe, not stupid.

I think he can make a run.
    If he chose Ryan or Walker as VP he could make a case.
    The biggest issue in the USA right now is the economy and the debt.
    Trump is well versed in handling both.
    He is a true DC outsider.
    He could well appeal to true independents.
    Both Ryan & Walker have demonstrated a knack for economics.

Nothing seems to stick to the Donald.

Plus, I think Trump has a trick up his sleeve.
    If you want to know what I think it is.....ask.

Not quite ready to jump on that wagon just yet, but it has caught my attention.

Your thoughts?

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Many attactive aspects to the Donald, but bottom line, I don't think he can carry the moderates or old-school conservatives. In order to win, a right-leaning candidate will have to figure out how to unite EVERYONE right of center, because the "center" has gotten pretty wide. Without unifying the right, I don't think anyone has much of a chance against Obama, barring economic disaster.

Fortunately or unfortunately, Obama has the incumbent advantage, with relative assurance that most left of center will be a lock. Not so on the right.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Although I have a hard time with the hair and the arrogance, surely it takes a healthy dose of the latter to survive the circus that our elections have become. Agreed, the man is surely not stupid or ignorant and I do believe his real world business experience is certainly more impressive than any of the other candidates. I'm not ready to jump on his bandwagon yet, but nor am I willing to write him off. He definitely bears watching and can afford the PR machine it will take as tawdry scandals from his personal life emerge.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Many attactive aspects to the Donald, but bottom line, I don't think he can carry the moderates or old-school conservatives. In order to win, a right-leaning candidate will have to figure out how to unite EVERYONE right of center, because the "center" has gotten pretty wide. Without unifying the right, I don't think anyone has much of a chance against Obama, barring economic disaster.

Fortunately or unfortunately, Obama has the incumbent advantage, with relative assurance that most left of center will be a lock. Not so on the right.
    You looked at oil prices lately? Looked at Obamas Libya strategy lately? Looked at the Rasmussen daily tracking numbers lately?

Might be time to take a look. 2012 regards
    Bill Davis

As much as we think we know about the Donald, I believe there's a lot more that we don't know. Economic/financial success and in some folks opinion, superiority, may not translate to a President that can effectively lead a country during times of global conflict, natural disasters, etc. With money one can accomplish most anything. When his money can't help, how will he fair? Interesting personality for sure.

He does have experience with bankruptcy!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    He does have experience with bankruptcy!!
    I saw him asked about the bankruptcies. He emphatically stated the he himself has never filed for bankruptcy, it was his businesses that filed, and that it was pure and simple a business decision. So, I guess that makes it all better. I didn't go bankrupt, I just ran a business deal into the ground. Whew, I feel much better.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You looked at oil prices lately? Looked at Obamas Libya strategy lately? Looked at the Rasmussen daily tracking numbers lately?

Might be time to take a look. 2012 regards
    I sure have. That's why I qualified my comments. Like a horse race...nobody knows for sure...that's why we let them run!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    I have a hard time with the hair .
    I still say "T-Hair" is not elect-able
    I am sniffin out this feller at this time

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I still say "T-Hair" is not elect-able
    I am sniffin out this feller at this time

that guy could never win a conservative ticket. Ever seen his views on gun rights?