The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Emerging Force

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    John McCain was for both tough immigration reform and pro 2nd amendment. (During the election).
    You must be thinking of someone else, because the last thing John McCain could possibly be described as was "tough on immigration reform." And while his 2nd Ammendent cred is alot better than Christie's, at one time the NRA referred to him as a "judas goat" (a goat that is used by shepherds to lead lambs peacefully to slaughter). McCain isn't called a "maverick" because he's so darn conservative.

The larger point is that we have Obama as President in some measure because a lot of folks didn't find McCain to be conservative enough and chose to stay home on election day. That's certainly every conservative's perogative to stamp their feet and send an election day message by not voting or voting for a freakshow without a prayer to win (like Ron Paul), but IMO they're cutting off their nose to spite their face and will be assuring Obama a 2nd term.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post

The larger point is that we have Obama as President in some measure because a lot of folks didn't find McCain to be conservative enough and chose to stay home on election day. That's certainly every conservative's perogative to stamp their feet and send an election day message by not voting or voting for a freakshow without a prayer to win (like Ron Paul), but IMO they're cutting off their nose to spite their face and will be assuring Obama a 2nd term.
    ^^^^this is what scares the heck out of me,complacency with the status quo
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Three wives, bankruptcy, stumping on the birther non issue, he's a long shot to get the Rep. nomination. It's still not certain he's serious about running.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.