The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emerging Force

Banned

Just wait for the campaigning to begin, the pretenders will be taking shots at each other until one emerges wounded from the pack. It will be like shooting wolves from a helicopter.

Trump 'just another liberal'?

Washington (CNN) - As he claims to get more serious about mounting a presidential bid, Donald Trump is taking fire from an influential conservative group that claims the business mogul is "just another liberal."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...iberal/?hpt=T2

Stan???? WTH???

You switchin' sides on us????
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Yes, Trump is just another liberal. This was taken from his 2001 book "The America we Deserve":

"We must have universal healthcare," wrote Trump. "I'm a conservative on most issues but a liberal on this one. We should not hear so many stories of families ruined by healthcare expenses."
    The goal of health care reform, wrote Trump, should be a system that looks a lot like Canada. "Doctors might be paid less than they are now, as is the case in Canada, but they would be able to treat more patients because of the reduction in their paperwork," he writes.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158...SIN=1580631312
    Last edited by Buzz; 04-18-2011 at 03:18 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Christie has been pretty adamant about NOT running. If hee has POTUS aspirations, I'd say that he'd have a better chance if he can get NJ straightened out first. He's young enough to wait for 2016. Perhaps the country can't wait until 2016? I'm not going to throw out the baby with the gun control bath water, and can excuse some gun control issues that might not fit the conservative orthodoxy. I like this guy alot. Talk about the "Straight Talk Express." He brings it to both sides of the aisle.

While voters are focused on jobs and economy, there is no question that some international savvy is also needed. The present POTUS did not have that, and it has not worked out too well. Not sure how Christie would be on that scoresheet. I think the "international savvy" thing is overplayed anyway. If a President can't lead as a Govenor, a congressman, senator, etc. then he can't lead the world either. And the converse (or inverse?) is true...the principles of good domestic leadership are the same as the principles of good foreign leadership...whether you're dealing with the Minority Whip or the Prime Minister of Estonia.
    ////////////////////
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    His ego is too big that if he does not get the Republican nomination he will run as an independent.
    Another prediction from the Yammering Yahoo of Yawnville???? As usual your views are so childish it's pathetic. The only ego that is too large around here is yours.

UB

Trump: I'm Running as a Republican, Period

Monday, 18 Apr 2011 08:13 AM

Billionaire Donald Trump has made it official: If he decides to run for president in 2012, he will do so as a Republican.

"If I run, I'm running as a Republican," the real estate mogul told the Shark Tank political website.

Trump, who continues to lead several presidential polls, including an ongoing poll by Newsmax, dismissed the likelihood that he'd run as an independent, as that would split the Republican vote and all but guarantee President Barack Obama's re-election.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Trump: I'm Running as a Republican, Period
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Here's some more news from that conservative gathering in Florida.

UB

Rep. West: US Needs Leadership in 'Critical Time'

Saturday, 16 Apr 2011 08:06 PM
    By Tom O'Connell

Rep. Allen West says he hopes Donald Trump is serious about running for president, because America is in need of a leader who can guide it through a “critical time.”

The Florida Republican and the billionaire real estate magnate were the keynote speakers at Saturday’s Tax Day Tea Party in Boca Raton, Fla., organized by the South Florida Tea Party.

“I say anyone who wants to step up and be a leader in this country, this is a critical time,” Allen told Newsmax.TV. “This is not a time for any jokes, games or gimmicks, and I hope he is very serious.”

The freshman congressman also noted the tea party movement’s increasing influence in politics, citing the groups' influence in recent budget negotiations.

“As you continue to see this type of increase with these types of votes, that has to get the attention of the leadership and lets them know they have to go in and fight a little bit stronger.”

Allen also said he would not rule out running for vice president on a Trump ticket if he were asked.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Rep. West: US Needs Leadership in 'Critical Time'

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    ////////////////////
    I would not vote for someone that is not for tough immigration reform and believes in the second amendment. This guy couldn't win the republican ticket.

http://conservativenewjersey.com/chr...ve-myth-part-7

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    I would not vote for someone that is not for tough immigration reform and believes in the second amendment. This guy couldn't win the republican ticket.
    Don't think that your first sentence proves your second. John McCain, anyone?
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Don't think that your first sentence proves your second. John McCain, anyone?
    John McCain was for both tough immigration reform and pro 2nd amendment. (During the election) So unless Christie changes his mind on the big stage, no he can't win.

According to Walter Williams, NOBODY, other than Obama can win in 2012.

After reading his reasoning, it's hard to argue with...unfortunately.

UB