The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: Harry Reid say the pledge/ a few missing words

  1. #1
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,794

    Default Harry Reid say the pledge/ a few missing words

    Gee Harry,
    I think you forgot a few words.


    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ng_pledge.html
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  2. #2
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,157

    Default

    What's a few measly words here and there?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  3. #3
    Senior Member Nor_Cal_Angler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Ca
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Only to play devils advocate here...

    I do not think he missed them on purpose...He know's they are there, BUT...is there something somewhere that prevents the use of God in the pledge while on, or in federal grounds, or while Congress, or the Senate is in session....

    I do not know the answer....

    I do know the term "under God" was not part of the origional which was around the 1890's, but later added.

    Maybe he was in the context of his speach citing the "origional" version.

    NCA

  4. #4
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,585

    Default

    Harry Reid is Mormon
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  5. #5
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    I know of at least one Civil War historian who has trouble reciting the "indivisible" part.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  6. #6
    Senior Member Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    McKinney, Texas
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Is there a better liar in politics than Dingy Harry? Remember when he said that Social Security was not in crisis and that this was something perpetuated by people who don't like government and that Social Security was fully funded for the next 40 years How great is that!

    As somebody else said, 'Harry Reid is nothing but a twisted old prune'...but he makes a great spokesman for the Cuban way of life.

    We live in Cuba now.

  7. #7
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I know of at least one Civil War historian who has trouble reciting the "indivisible" part.
    Who would that be?
    Bill Davis

  8. #8
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    Only to play devils advocate here...

    I do not think he missed them on purpose...He know's they are there, BUT...is there something somewhere that prevents the use of God in the pledge while on, or in federal grounds, or

    NCA
    NO, I went to my parents citizenship swearing in. It was held in FEDERAL COURT. The FULL PLedge of Allegiance was part of the REQUIRED statements.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Is there a better liar in politics than Dingy Harry? Remember when he said that Social Security was not in crisis and that this was something perpetuated by people who don't like government and that Social Security was fully funded for the next 40 years How great is that!

    As somebody else said, 'Harry Reid is nothing but a twisted old prune'...but he makes a great spokesman for the Cuban way of life.

    We live in Cuba now.
    Yeah, I can think of a former President and Vice-President.

  10. #10
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Yeah, I can think of a former President and Vice-President.
    MAN CRUSH!!!!!

    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •