The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Reid say the pledge/ a few missing words

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Because I think you are blowing smoke as usual.
    Well, you're wrong, as usual. In case you slept through that part, we were engaged in a Civil War from 1861 to 1865. There were approximately 600,000 Americans who lost their lives. Sounds a little "divided" to some folks who study history. There were actually many states who according to their beliefs, seceded from the Union, making us, in the southerner's eye's, "divided". Just yesterday, we marked the 150th anniversary of the siege at Ft. Sumpter, commencing our nation's bloodiest battle.

I personally side with Lincoln, who never recognized the confederate states, and thus believed the nation was never divided. There are differing opinions however.

You might want to look it up and read a little, before blowing your own smoke, or accusing others of doing the same.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Get ready Dave. I sense another attack looming. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    DNF, why are you still here? Go play with your wooden boats and spew on your sailing forums. I was hoping you would be gone by now after the spanking you got but alas, my wish didn't come true. Apparently you had no problem leaving if Chris did it for you, but you weren't man enough to leave on your own.
    More personal attacks. I thought the issues were supposed to be debated here.

DNF, why are you still here?
    I may disagree with DNF about a lot of this I think this about you EVERY post you make. You post nothing substantive and every single post you make is littered with personal attacks, how you have not been banned is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Well, you're wrong, as usual. In case you slept through that part, we were engaged in a Civil War from 1861 to 1865. There were approximately 600,000 Americans who lost their lives. Sounds a little "divided" to some folks who study history. There were actually many states who according to their beliefs, seceded from the Union, making us, in the southerner's eye's, "divided". Just yesterday, we marked the 150th anniversary of the siege at Ft. Sumpter, commencing our nation's bloodiest battle.

I personally side with Lincoln, who never recognized the confederate states, and thus believed the nation was never divided. There are differing opinions however.

You might want to look it up and read a little, before blowing your own smoke, or accusing others of doing the same.
    I don't need a history lesson. I asked you to back up your claim. You said you knew a historian who had trouble reciting the "indivisible" part. I asked who he/she is. You provided a partial name that cannot be verified. Care to be more specific?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I don't need a history lesson. I asked you to back up your claim. You said you knew a historian who had trouble reciting the "indivisible" part. I asked who he/she is. You provided a partial name that cannot be verified. Care to be more specific?
    No, I don't, as that person is not participating in this forum. Adam is a friend from way back in Texas, who always was very analytical. He was also quick to mention the OJ verdict in regards to "and justice for all". Talk to a few CivilWar historians, and you'll hear for yourself. I didn't say I agree, nor that that is a concensus, but when 600k men lay down their lives, its hard to ignore that a pretty big rift, if not division, indeed occurred.

Not sure why mentioning that in the context of this discussion warrants personal attacks. I expect nothing more from sandyq, but thought you and I could have a discussion without getting personal.
    Last edited by dnf777; 04-13-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

DNF, why are you still here? Go play with your wooden boats and spew on your sailing forums. I was hoping you would be gone by now after the spanking you got but alas, my wish didn't come true. Apparently you had no problem leaving if Chris did it for you, but you weren't man enough to leave on your own.
    Hi Chris. Please note that I'm not responding in kind to this vile, sexually explicit, highly rude comment. Rather, thought you may want to know of the typical personal attack I and several others absorb on a frequent basis. No name calling, no personal insults. See, I'm keeping my word!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    No, I don't, as that person is not participating in this forum. Adam is a friend from way back in Texas, who always was very analytical. He was also quick to mention the OJ verdict in regards to "and justice for all". Talk to a few CivilWar historians, and you'll hear for yourself. I didn't say I agree, nor that that is a concensus, but when 600k men lay down their lives, its hard to ignore that a pretty big rift, if not division, indeed occurred.

Not sure why mentioning that in the context of this discussion warrants personal attacks. I expect nothing more from sandyq, but thought you and I could have a discussion without getting personal.
    There is no doubt there was a division in the country during the civil war, hence the war. I am talking about the present time. You said your historian friend had a problem with the indivisible part of the pledge. I am saying that there is nothing in this country at the present time that is even remotely close to the divisiveness of the civil war era. I would like to know what basis someone would have for making that claim today.
    Last edited by huntinman; 04-13-2011 at 09:53 PM.
    Bill Davis

I am simultaneously afraid to ask and intrigued as heck.
    What is sexually explicit about a wooden boat??

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I am simultaneously afraid to ask and intrigued as heck.
    What is sexually explicit about a wooden boat??

:
    Bill Davis