The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Harry Reid say the pledge/ a few missing words

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I am simultaneously afraid to ask and intrigued as heck.
    What is sexually explicit about a wooden boat??

I too have been wondering the same thing!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Maybe it's something from his childhood
    Bill Davis

then how would both Sandy and Dave know about it, unless they wuz buds as kids??
    No, it must have some double meaning Sandy and Dave know about.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Woody maybe?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Hi Chris. Please note that I'm not responding in kind to this vile, sexually explicit, highly rude comment. Rather, thought you may want to know of the typical personal attack I and several others absorb on a frequent basis. No name calling, no personal insults. See, I'm keeping my word!
    Dnf, you hinted on another thread that someone snitched on a now banned RTF'er, but yet you go and do the same thing...I am NOT defending sandyG, but you are making it very difficult to be sympathetic to your cause too..

All that's gonna end up happening is that you (not literally) and everyone else responsible will give Chris no choice but to close the forum down..Chris made a blanket statement the other night and I think everyone took a step back...everyone but you...instead of taking the admonishment like we ALL did, you tried to debate the issue further and almost taunt Chris into banning your account...if you choose to play martyr, be my guest, but the forum needs opinions on both sides and even those from those of you that claim to be MOTRI

If you want to play gotcha with each other's posts,use the red triangle. Chris aint blind,just because he or any other moderator doesnt respond doesnt mean they arent watching

I used to hang out on POTUS because the main forum became rough but now POTUS has become downright nasty and mean spirited..let those that abuse the privilege eliminate themselves, before they close POTUS for everyone
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Dnf, you hinted on another thread that someone snitched on a now banned RTF'er, but yet you go and do the same thing...I am NOT defending sandyG, but you are making it very difficult to be sympathetic to your cause too..

All that's gonna end up happening is that you (not literally) and everyone else responsible will give Chris no choice but to close the forum down..Chris made a blanket statement the other night and I think everyone took a step back...everyone but you...instead of taking the admonishment like we ALL did, you tried to debate the issue further and almost taunt Chris into banning your account...if you choose to play martyr, be my guest, but the forum needs opinions on both sides and even those from those of you that claim to be MOTRI

If you want to play gotcha with each other's posts,use the red triangle. Chris aint blind,just because he or any other moderator doesnt respond doesnt mean they arent watching

I used to hang out on POTUS because the main forum became rough but now POTUS has become downright nasty and mean spirited..let those that abuse the privilege eliminate themselves, before they close POTUS for everyone
    Sorry bon. Certainly not taunting anyone. Just deferring to his judgement. Its his list. I have made an effort NOT to call names or personally insult anyone, so yes, if it continues, even escalates, I'll point it out as of now. Sandyq speaks of "playing with ones self" and "spewing on things"???? THAT type of language will get us shut down.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    There is no doubt there was a division in the country during the civil war, hence the war. I am talking about the present time. You said your historian friend had a problem with the indivisible part of the pledge. I am saying that there is nothing in this country at the present time that is even remotely close to the divisiveness of the civil war era. I would like to know what basis someone would have for making that claim today.
    Read POTUS lately?

Not everyone looks at everything in the present context only. Especially historians. We WERE divided, so some may not feel accurate calling us "indivisible".

Like I said, I don't agree, just pointing out an opposing view in the context of this thread.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Harry Reid is Mormon
    Last time I checked they still believe in God! No need to bring senseless religion bashing into it. But then again that is a common tactic when arguing politics.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    Last time I checked they still believe in God! No need to bring senseless religion bashing into it. But then again that is a common tactic when arguing politics.
    Jason , You werent around (at least not in the fray) when I defended my Mormon friends when they were called a cult...my one line wasnt a bashing of the Mormon faith,it was a suggestion that MAYBE that was the reason of his omission from the word God ...I have way to much respect for my many Mormon friends in Utah and ID to bash the religion
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Jason , You werent around (at least not in the fray) when I defended my Mormon friends when they were called a cult...my one line wasnt a bashing of the Mormon faith,it was a suggestion that MAYBE that was the reason of his omission from the word God ...I have way to much respect for my many Mormon friends in Utah and ID to bash the religion
    Oh then I apologize for the way I took it. My wife is a Member of the Church, I get a little defensive due to the common way they are viewed.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~