The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Harry Reid say the pledge/ a few missing words

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    Oh then I apologize for the way I took it. My wife is a Member of the Church, I get a little defensive due to the common way they are viewed.
    I do too...never understood much about it, until I spent considerable time around them and realized they are no different than you and me, except my friends dont drink coffee,Coca Cola or hunt/fish on Sundays
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    I didn't know that you call your winkie a "wooden boat". And never in a million years would I have guessed that there is a forum for it, much less a political forum! No wonder you think you're big man on campus!

spew (spy)v.tr.1. To send or force out in or as if in a stream; eject forcefully or in large amounts: a volcano that spewed molten lava; spewed invective at his opponent.
    2. To vomit or otherwise cast out through the mouth.

As I see it:
    1. You honestly read my comment as sexually explicit.
    2. You pretend to be offended in the hope that Chris will ban me. If it's number 1,
    you need professional help.
    If it's number 2, you grossly underestimate the intelligence of the readers of this forum and you grossly overestimate your own intelligence.
    I choose # 2... although professeional help may still be warranted
    Bill Davis

I suspect that the real answer may be that Harry Reid, like many others, already had the pledge fully ingrained into his psyche long before the words "under God" were inserted under Eisenhower. The change was adopted in 1954, but was not made in my public school until 1956. At that point Reid was already 17. Personally, I disagreed with the change when it was made (as did my family and my church) and still recite the pledge as I learned it in grade school.

I didn't know that you call your winkie a "wooden boat". And never in a million years would I have guessed that there is a forum for it........
    Gives a hole new meaning to
    "all hands on deck!"
    or
    "Shiver me Timber, we are going to the bottom!"
    or
    "Get out the raincoats men, we have choppy seas"
    or
    "You gotta get into dry dock and have that hull sanded."

remember if your main sail is up for longer than four hours or your spy glass becomes blurry go below deck immediately and find the saw bones.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Was the wooden boat "The Good Ship Venus"???

(search for it in youtube)

The best thing about the wooden boat forum? No sandyq, and his ilk. Just friendly, useful information and camaraderie. If I mentioned on that forum that I also belonged to a retriever forum, I guarantee it would not generate childish comments. Have fun guys.

just sayin.....
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

You started it by trying to make my comments appear as though they were sexually explicit. If you can't take the heat stop shivering your timbers.

I checked out your posts on forum.woodenboat.com and sailnet.com. You haven't posted anything political on those sites and you don't have many posts at all. Many of us here would thank you to spend more time there and less time here causing trouble.
    Please don't muck up those fine sites with your typical banter.
    Why can't you let this go? Its old hat, man. Folks, including myself, are SICK of it. Please let it go.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

You started it by trying to make my comments appear as though they were sexually explicit. If you can't take the heat stop shivering your timbers.

I checked out your posts on forum.woodenboat.com and sailnet.com. You haven't posted anything political on those sites and you don't have many posts at all. Many of us here would thank you to spend more time there and less time here causing trouble.
    Most here think the same of you and yet you continue to come. Didn't you say a couple days ago you were going to stay on the main forum...and yet here you are.

Can you prove most think the same of me? Why don't you start a poll on who is more disliked on this forum, DNF or me? I can tell you who the winner would be.

Here's a better idea. Let's both just stick to commenting on the topics of the threads, and drop the personal attacks and commentery??

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Here's a better idea. Let's both just stick to commenting on the topics of the threads, and drop the personal attacks and commentery??
    You seem to have a hard time with that concept.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth