The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: From our "friends" across the pond.

Default From our "friends" across the pond.

More recognition of how inept the POTUS currently in the WH is. UB

LONDON DAILY TELEGRAPH - very astute!

The American people can now more readily "understand" why the Obama's were omitted from the guest list to the Royal wedding in April! This is a very sobering article. Our handling of relationships with the Britons over the oil spill didn't help either.

From The London Daily Telegraph Editor On Foreign Relations

Quote:

"Let me be clear: I'm not normally in favor of boycotts, and I love the American people. I holiday in their country regularly, and hate the tedious snobby sneers against the United States . But the American people chose to elect an idiot who seems hell bent on insulting their allies, and something must be done to stop Obama's reckless foreign policy, before he does the dirty on his allies on every issue."

One of the most poorly kept secrets in Washington is President Obama's animosity toward Great Britain , presumably because of what he regards as its sins while ruling Kenya (1895-1963).

One of Barack Hussein Obama's first acts as president was to return to Britain a bust of Winston Churchill that had graced the Oval Office since 9/11. He followed this up by denying Prime Minister Gordon Brown, on his first state visit, the usual joint press conference with flags.

The president was "too tired" to grant the leader of America 's closest ally a proper welcome, his aides told British journalists.

Mr. Obama followed this up with cheesy gifts for Mr. Brown and the Queen. Columnist Ian Martin described his behavior as "rudeness personified." There was more rudeness in store for Mr. Brown at the opening session of the United Nations in September. "The prime minister was forced to dash through the kitchens of the UN in New York to secure five minutes of face time with President Obama after five requests for a sit down meeting were rejected by the White House", said London Telegraph columnist David Hughes. Mr. Obama's "churlishness is unforgivable", Mr.. Hughes said.

The administration went beyond snubs and slights last week when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton endorsed the demand of Argentine President Cristina Kirchner, a Hugo Chavez ally, for mediation of Argentina 's specious claim to the Falkland Islands , a British dependency since 1833. The people who live in the Falklands, who speak English, want nothing to do with Argentina . When, in 1982, an earlier Argentine dictatorship tried to seize the Falklands by force, the British -- with strong support from President Ronald Reagan -- expelled them.

"It is truly shocking that Barack Obama has decided to disregard our shared history," wrote Telegraph columnist Toby Young. "Does Britain 's friendship really mean so little to him?" One could ask, does the friendship of anyone in the entire world mean anything to him?

"I recently asked several senior administration officials, separately, to name a foreign leader with whom Barack Obama has forged a strong personal relationship during his first year in office," wrote Jackson Diehl, deputy editorial page editor of the Washington Post, on Monday. "A lot of hemming and hawing ensued." One official named French President Nicolas Sarkozy, but his contempt for Mr. Obama is an open secret. Another named German Chancellor Angela Merkel. But, said Mr. Diehl, "Merkel too has been conspicuously cool toward Obama."

Mr. Obama certainly doesn't care about the Poles and Czechs, whom he has betrayed on missile defense. Honduras and Israel also can attest that he's been an unreliable ally and an unfaithful friend. Ironically, our relations with both Israel and the Palestinian Authority have never been worse. Russia has offered nothing in exchange for Mr. Obama's abandonment of missile defense. Russia and China won't support serious sanctions on Iran. Syria's support for terrorism has not diminished despite efforts to normalize diplomatic relations. The reclusive military dictatorship that runs Burma has responded to our efforts at "engagement" by deepening its ties to North Korea .

And the Chinese make little effort to disguise their contempt for him.

For the first time in a long time, the President of the United States is actually distrusted by its allies and not in the least feared by its adversaries. Nor is Mr. Obama now respected by the majority of Americans. Understandably focused on the dismal economy and Mr. Obama's relentless efforts to nationalize and socialize health care, Americans apparently have yet to notice his dismal performance and lack of respect in the world community. They soon will.

-- London Daily Telegraph editor -- Alex Singleton

When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Guess I'm not up to speed on the gossip, didn't realize the POTUS and family hadn't been invited. I'm not surprised though, does anyone else remember their royal visit last year? The same one where our fearless (or is that feckless) leader gave the Queen an ipod loaded with his speeches? And then there was Michele trying to get clubby with Her Majesty. I still snicker over the sight of her draping her long arm around the Queen who though she tried valiantly, could not conceal the stiffened posture and curled upper lip when Michele spit in her ear. Priceless.

Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

For the first time in a long time, the President of the United States is actually distrusted by its allies and not in the least feared by its adversaries. Nor is Mr. Obama now respected by the majority of Americans. Understandably focused on the dismal economy and Mr. Obama's relentless efforts to nationalize and socialize health care, Americans apparently have yet to notice his dismal performance and lack of respect in the world community. They soon will.
    I believe Americans have noticed. It really is an epic failure. In no area of foreign policy does he shine unless you consider displaying subservient behavior (bowing to world leaders) shining.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

If we ha a real press, this would be carried in every paper across the country. The great thing is, we don't need them anymore. This will be read on forums like this and other internet sites and will still make the rounds.
    Bill Davis

This quote seems at least a year old. Can you tell me when it was published?
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    If we ha a real press, this would be carried in every paper across the country. The great thing is, we don't need them anymore. This will be read on forums like this and other internet sites and will still make the rounds.

We have a problem though with many not believing what they read on the net. The older crowd still think they need to read it in a newspaper and most of us here know that that is no longer to be trusted. A relative watches some of the talk shows on T.V. and believes all of what they are saying. We need to sift, sort and discard. This is why a link is so very important. Opinion is fine but we need those links to pass on to people ( for sharing ).

You mean this Alex Singleton??? Funny what you find sometimes when you look into the stuff that gets posted by you guys.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/al...ns-on-my-case/

Yes, I know, you wish I'd go back to ignoring you, and you're embarrassed to share The Great State of South Dakota with the likes of me and the other Liberals along the I-29 corridor...

Nutty hoax email has Right-wing Americans on my case

By Alex Singleton Politics Last updated: June 30th, 2010

39 Comments Comment on this article
    Suddenly I’ve become a poster boy for the Republican Right. It started when Fox News linked to a blog I’d written suggesting, not terribly seriously, that Brits ought to boycott America in retaliation against Barack Obama’s refusal to support us in the Falklands.
    Now thousands of emails are being forwarded around the US – particularly in southern states such as Texas – quoting me. The Telegraph’s reader-relations department is being innundated with queries asking if I really called for a boycott of America. And Google tells me that quotes from the post now appear in hundreds of websites.
    This would all be fine, except that after the first paragraph in the email, it transforms into a rant about “Barack Hussein Obama”, using bizarre language that certainly isn’t mine. No doubt this email appeals to the nuttier supporters of the Republican Party, for whom politics has ceased to be about principles and is now all about smearing opponents with false accusations about their nationalities and their patriotism. It also contains the delusional claim that Reagan supported Thatcher over the Falklands (he didn’t) and denounces Obama for failing to suck up to Gordon Brown (as if that was a bad thing).
    My new fans won’t like me saying this, but while Barack Obama is clearly one of the most hopeless Western leaders at the moment, I haven’t forgiven the Republicans for their disgraceful record under George W. Bush. These supposed conservatives stood by as Bush threw away the wonderful Reagan legacy by signing off on ruinous spending commitments and imposing economically illiterate steel tariffs, as he destroyed ancient civil liberties, and as he sank their country into an ill-conceived and disasterously managed war in Iraq. Britain’s Conservatives, even under Ted Health, have never been that destructive.
    Last edited by Buzz; 04-11-2011 at 05:58 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    We have a problem though with many not believing what they read on the net. The older crowd still think they need to read it in a newspaper and most of us here know that that is no longer to be trusted. A relative watches some of the talk shows on T.V. and believes all of what they are saying. We need to sift, sort and discard. This is why a link is so very important. Opinion is fine but we need those links to pass on to people ( for sharing ).
    Hope you enjoy the link that I posted...
    Last edited by Buzz; 04-11-2011 at 06:20 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Hope you enjoy the link that I posted...
    Thanks Buzz.....

But that's so-not-nice of you to point out lies and deceptions and fabrications of the extreme right! Its all they've got, ya know?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Thanks Buzz.....

But that's so-not-nice of you to point out lies and deceptions and fabrications of the extreme right! Its all they've got, ya know?
    Oh no, we have 2012... and it's coming fast.
    Bill Davis