The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Republicans find themselves on Medicare hot seat

Banned

Default Republicans find themselves on Medicare hot seat

Now it’s their turn to try to fix the health care mess. Republicans, just like President Barack Obama, may discover that’s easier said than done.
    The GOP budget expected to go to the full House this week would remake health care programs for the elderly and the poor that have been in place for nearly half a century. Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, R-Wis., says his approach would “save” Medicare by keeping the financially troubled program affordable for federal taxpayers.
    But it turns out that people now 54 and younger would pay the price.
    By one authoritative estimate, they’d be on the hook for most of their own health care costs after they become eligible for Medicare as retirees. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office says the typical beneficiary would be expected to pay more than two-thirds of his or her medical costs by the year 2030.
    http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/40333

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Now it’s their turn to try to fix the health care mess. Republicans, just like President Barack Obama, may discover that’s easier said than done.
    The GOP budget expected to go to the full House this week would remake health care programs for the elderly and the poor that have been in place for nearly half a century. Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, R-Wis., says his approach would “save” Medicare by keeping the financially troubled program affordable for federal taxpayers.
    But it turns out that people now 54 and younger would pay the price.
    By one authoritative estimate, they’d be on the hook for most of their own health care costs after they become eligible for Medicare as retirees. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office says the typical beneficiary would be expected to pay more than two-thirds of his or her medical costs by the year 2030.
    http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/40333
    Is this your idea of debate?

It is truly nothing more than spam.

Share your opinions or ideas on this.
    All you do is post left wing progressive liberal talking points.

Share an original thought.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Fix the entitlements and the economy and healthcare will take care of itself........ Roger ..... you are quite the world wide web surfer....... I pray to God that you never lose internet service, because you then my have to generate an original thought that might involve a single synapse firing..... it doesnt hurt....... really.
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Is this your idea of debate?

It is truly nothing more than spam.

Share your opinions or ideas on this.
    All you do is post left wing progressive liberal talking points.

Share an original thought.

RK
    I will remember that next time you post an article.
    Never mind I don't have to wait----Do you remember this thread you started?http://new.retrievertraining.net/for...ad.php?t=69294
    Or how about the one on Union Tactics------http://new.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68831
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 04-13-2011 at 05:10 PM.

I will remember that next time you post an article.
    Never mind I don't have to wait----Do you remember this thread you started?http://new.retrievertraining.net/for...ad.php?t=69294
    Or how about the one on Union Tactics------http://new.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68831
    Look at the bottom genius, I posted my thoughts about the article.
    Get a 4th grader to explain it to you.

ROFLMAO!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Look at the bottom genius, I posted my thoughts about the article.
    Get a 4th grader to explain it to you.

ROFLMAO!!!!

RK
    It's for the kids is not much of a thought.

Ryan's plan call for medicare to be replaced by vouchers toward health care insurance seniors will have to purchase causing seniors to pay more out of pocket for the same coverage we have now. If his plan goes into effect those over 55 will still have the same medicare plan as we have today. It would only affect those under 55 years old.

I suggest the people under 55 put more money away not only for retirement but to pay for their health insurance coverage as well.

I....
    I suggest the people under 55 put more money away not only for retirement but to pay for their health insurance coverage as well.
    Let's not forget that while they are doing all this saving for retirement, they have to pay for living today, college for their kids in the future, etc.

Easier said than done regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    Roger ..... you are quite the world wide web surfer.....
    Nah... He only posts from CapitalBlue and the Huffington Post.

Eric

It's for the kids is not much of a thought.

Ryan's plan call for medicare to be replaced by vouchers toward health care insurance seniors will have to purchase causing seniors to pay more out of pocket for the same coverage we have now. If his plan goes into effect those over 55 will still have the same medicare plan as we have today. It would only affect those under 55 years old.

Won't be possible to save the money required. Better have a nice shiny bullet handy for the day you get bad news from your Doc.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Won't be possible to save the money required. Better have a nice shiny bullet handy for the day you get bad news from your Doc.
    Agreed. It is unrealistic to restructure your entire retirement plans in a 10 year window. Not impossible, but I doubt many would like the numbers when worked out. But that's what millions of workers have had to do anyway regarding pensions being yanked, benefits cut, etc...

Just listen to Capt. Sully, who landed on the Hudson talk about what ALPA members have endured recently.

Frank Lorenzo regards.....
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!