The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: President's Speech

Default President's Speech

Can hardly believe that no one has brought up the POTUS speech from Wednesday.

Sounded like a campaign speech ... which would coincide with his announcement to run for re-election.

Of course, not exactly a way to create fans by saying you're going to raise taxes.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

most if not all of his speeches sound like campaign speeches...How many speeches did he make when trying to sell Obamacare....dont think he will get the same frenzy and media crush that he got last time around...not unless the kool aid is in the water system
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Can hardly believe that no one has brought up the POTUS speech from Wednesday.

Sounded like a campaign speech ... which would coincide with his announcement to run for re-election.

Of course, not exactly a way to create fans by saying you're going to raise taxes.
    Well, I sort of did.
    I let Biden's actions (or lack of action) speak to the inspiration of the speech of a man that is in over his head.
    http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...ad.php?t=69509
    He is scared to death of Ryan.
    Wouldn't you love to see Obama and Ryan debate economics, the debt and spending???

Someone would get embarrassed.....badly!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Well, I sort of did.
    I let Biden's actions (or lack of action) speak to the inspiration of the speech of a man that is in over his head.
    http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...ad.php?t=69509
    He is scared to death of Ryan.
    Wouldn't you love to see Obama and Ryan debate economics, the debt and spending???

RK
    Rep's like Ryan and Cantor are the new lifeblood of the Party..they both have fresher approaches than some of the old curmudgeons that inhabit Congress...BHO would never debate with them he would send Geitner or one of his other experts to do his bidding...and Ryan would chew them up
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I'm still trying to figure out how 38.5 billion X 12 = 750 Billion

I guess I didn't pay enough attention in math class because I thought it equaled 462 Billion.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how 38.5 billion X 12 = 750 Billion

I guess I didn't pay enough attention in math class because I thought it equaled 462 Billion.
    Now it equals 352 billion...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

RK
    Yes, I would very much like to see that. But it won't happen. Your next nominee with get that pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Rep's like Ryan and Cantor are the new lifeblood of the Party..they both have fresher approaches than some of the old curmudgeons that inhabit Congress...BHO would never debate with them he would send Geitner or one of his other experts to do his bidding...and Ryan would chew them up
    Like I said, all they gotta do is get nominated to run for president.
    Last edited by Buzz; 04-14-2011 at 10:02 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Like I said, all they gotta do is get nominated to run for president.
    I give them credit for outlining something concrete, which is more than most politicos will do. From this point on the debate will have some sort of frame, which was set by Congressman Ryan. I do not agree with all the changes as I believe they don't go deep enough to handle the debt & the eventual interest charges on same. @ 5%, the interest on 14 Tril is a nice chunk of change.

So my question to you would be - are you prepared to call out your congress critters when they demagogue the issues? As the POTUS did in his speech!!!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!