The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Senate rejects measure to defund Planned Parenthood

Banned

Default Senate rejects measure to defund Planned Parenthood

Carrie Dann writes:As expected, the Senate has voted down a measure to defund Planned Parenthood, with five Republicans voting with Democrats to keep the funding in place.
    The vote was 42-58.
    Republicans voting against the stand-alone resolution to defund Planned Parenthood were: Sen. Scott Brown of Massachusetts, Sen. Mark Kirk of Illinois, Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, and Sens. Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe of Maine.
    The same resolution passed the House earlier today by a vote of 241 to 185. Seven House Republicans voted to keep the Planned Parenthood funding, while 10 Democrats voted to eliminate it.
    The budget agreement completed last Friday included a deal to eliminate a “rider” attached to the must-pass funding bill that would have cut “Title X” funding for women’s health organizations that also conduct abortions.
    http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...ned-parenthood-

Doesn't look like Planned Parenthood will be defunded.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Carrie Dann writes:As expected, the Senate has voted down a measure to defund Planned Parenthood, with five Republicans voting with Democrats to keep the funding in place.
    The vote was 42-58.
    Republicans voting against the stand-alone resolution to defund Planned Parenthood were: Sen. Scott Brown of Massachusetts, Sen. Mark Kirk of Illinois, Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, and Sens. Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe of Maine.
    The same resolution passed the House earlier today by a vote of 241 to 185. Seven House Republicans voted to keep the Planned Parenthood funding, while 10 Democrats voted to eliminate it.
    The budget agreement completed last Friday included a deal to eliminate a “rider” attached to the must-pass funding bill that would have cut “Title X” funding for women’s health organizations that also conduct abortions.

What do you think about that Roger or do you report and we decide?

Jimmy Olsen regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    What do you think about that Roger or do you report and we decide?

Jimmy Olsen regards,
    I have made my thoughts clear on Planned Parenthood. I support it.

I have made my thoughts clear on Planned Parenthood. I support it.

Anyone who really wants to see less unplanned pregnancies and abortions supports planned parenthood.

When Clinton funded Planned parenthood and similar programs, this country saw the lowest rates of both.

Proven performance.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

One of you moonbats tell me what we're funding it with?

The vote was 42-58.

It won't be defunded....YET! The conservatives will need an election or two to get rid of their RINOS...or have some members with spines to overcome their RINOs that support (and as Goose says, "with what?") an obvious program of baby killers.

When the conservatives get control of the funding, there will be no more 'personal' baby-mills either. Might want to get started developing an ACORN type agency for the purpose of providing support for this PP group, Roger. I suspect dnf will pass the hat in his state. Could be a way to get outa real estate eh???

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    One of you moonbats tell me what we're funding it with?
    Same thing we're funding corporate tax cuts and two wars with. Go figure.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Same thing we're funding corporate tax cuts and two wars with. Go figure.
    I beleive it's 3 wars.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Anyone who really wants to see less unplanned pregnancies and abortions supports planned parenthood.
    They say that the logic of Plato, Socrates, Aristotle, Kant, and Nietzsche is important to understand, but for my money, I'll take the Stoogeatic Method of Larry, Curly and Moe that you employed in the above quote any day of the week. Very nice!

The 4th Law of the Stoogeatic Method:
    If you hate an act you must support those who commit the act. Eg...if you want to see less murders you should pay murderers to commit murder or if you want to see less abortions you should pay abortionists to perform abortions. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

I don't happen to be "anyone", but I renounce this as being another piece of blithering BS. There are many of us that want to see zero abortions, but would never support PP.

When Clinton funded Planned parenthood and similar programs, this country saw the lowest rates of both.

Proven performance.

Ranks right up there with Carters Education Czar. Once that became funded, education went into the toilet. After the NEA was funded, it dropped into the sewer.

The only 'performance' around here that's proven daily, is your phoney claim at being an 'independant'.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.