The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Budget Problems

Default Wisconsin Budget Problems

I have only skimmed this, I'll probably read the whole thing tonight. But I wanted to post it up and get feedback from our neighborhood Wisconsinites. What particularly drew my attention was the economic growth in Wisconsin and the chart showing revenue as a percent of GDP there. It appears that middle class workers are frustrated there, and they may just have a good reason for it.

Enjoy, or not...

http://www.instituteforonewisconsin....tBroke2011.pdf
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I'm not a Badger but will comment anyway - it's the same stuff you read in any heavily unionized state. In WA the public sector (state & local) are paid 60% more than the private sector plus their cadillac benefits. The article you linked is the usual clap trap the public is given large doses of. But unfortunately for the overpaid, over benefitted underperforming those days may be coming to an end, to the benefit of the real worker.

At the state level there should be no corporate tax except their license to operate, a fee for the necessary services government specifically provided that business, nothing else.

The talk of regressive is incomprehensible - who uses the majority of government services? & they should pay for those services, through the nose if necessary.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I have only skimmed this, I'll probably read the whole thing tonight. But I wanted to post it up and get feedback from our neighborhood Wisconsinites. What particularly drew my attention was the economic growth in Wisconsin and the chart showing revenue as a percent of GDP there. It appears that middle class workers are frustrated there, and they may just have a good reason for it.

Enjoy, or not...

http://www.instituteforonewisconsin....tBroke2011.pdf
    I am beginning to realize that the progressives in America are fully convinced thay are on the right path.

It amazes them that there are so many that disagree.
    So much so, that even after the people speak via elections etc. it boggles their mind.
    So it ain't so!

But it is so.

You are correct, in WI the working class have had enough.....see the last 3 election results.

The liberal progressives have been shown the door.

As far as Walkers plan destroying WI........maybe we could wait until it is law for at least a couple days before we pass judgemnent from afar!!

Feel free to visit and same day register to vote in our next election, maybe you could hitch a ride on a union buss!!

"Of the people, by the people, for the people!!!"

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 04-17-2011 at 05:21 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I am beginning to realize that the progressives in America are fully convinced thay are on the right path.

It amazes them that there are so many that disagree.

RK
    And tea partiers don't???

And we see how united the right is, between main-line republicans, neo-cons, and tea-partyers. We've even seen Newt's marital history attacked by his own kind.

Come on Stan, this is all politics as usual. The primary season is like the rut season....everyone stands alone, and you'll hear plenty of antlers clashing.

Nothing here is surprising. Actually what IS surprising, is how Obama has remanined relatively unscathed, with no serious rumblings about a democratic challenge.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    And tea partiers don't???

And we see how united the right is, between main-line republicans, neo-cons, and tea-partyers. We've even seen Newt's marital history attacked by his own kind.

Come on Stan, this is all politics as usual. The primary season is like the rut season....everyone stands alone, and you'll hear plenty of antlers clashing.

Nothing here is surprising. Actually what IS surprising, is how Obama has remanined relatively unscathed, with no serious rumblings about a democratic challenge.

No surprise here... the man sits back and never takes a stand. He lets everyone else make the tough decisions and fall on their swords (even his own Dems). If it works out well, he runs in and tries to claim credit.

The press, rather than the watchdog of old, are his lapdogs. They are already in Obama campaign mode.

Voting present regards.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    No surprise here... the man sits back and never takes a stand. He lets everyone else make the tough decisions and fall on their swords (even his own Dems). If it works out well, he runs in and tries to claim credit.

The press, rather than the watchdog of old, are his lapdogs. They are already in Obama campaign mode.

Voting present regards.
    Oh come on! Bush had the book "Lapdogs" written about his presidency, and kid-glove handling.

Birther coverage alone puts Obama almost in a class by himself. The man can't play golf without it being an international news story.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Oh come on! Bush had the book "Lapdogs" written about his presidency, and kid-glove handling.

Birther coverage alone puts Obama almost in a class by himself. The man can't play golf without it being an international news story.

Get a grip on reality. I checked CNN(communist news network) throughout the weekend for a report on OBAMA ignoring the deal they made on the 2011 budget and signing himself a personal overide of congress about his CZARS.
    NOT ONE WORD.
    THe man bypasses congress and the contsitution at every turn and the lame stream media ignores it.
    Just imagine if Bush had done that.
    THe lame stream would be screaming for impeachment.
    The man thinks he is above the law.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Get a grip on reality. I checked CNN(communist news network) throughout the weekend for a report on OBAMA ignoring the deal they made on the 2011 budget and signing himself a personal overide of congress about his CZARS.
    NOT ONE WORD.
    THe man bypasses congress and the contsitution at every turn and the lame stream media ignores it.
    Just imagine if Bush had done that.
    THe lame stream would be screaming for impeachment.
    The man thinks he is above the law.
    Don't have to imagine.

Gee, I thought the bill he signed was delivered BY CONGRESS???

That's how it works here.

Don't have to imagine.

Gee, I thought the bill he signed was delivered BY CONGRESS???

That's how it works here.

Pay attention. BUmma signed the bill delivered by congress that got rid of some of his Czars. He then turned around and wrote and signed a presidential decree reinstating those Czars without congressional aproval.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Pay attention. BUmma signed the bill delivered by congress that got rid of some of his Czars. He then turned around and wrote and signed a presidential decree reinstating those Czars without congressional aproval.
    Normal operating procedure.

Previous administrations had made use of signing statements to dispute the validity of a new law or its individual components. George H. W. Bush challenged 232 statutes through signing statements during four years in office and Clinton challenged 140 over eight years. George W. Bush's 130 signing statements contain at least 1,100 challenges.

Had I heard complaints about past administrations, it would lend credence to your current purely partisan complaints.

ps...I'm assuming "BUmma" refers to President Obama?