The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Wisconsin Budget Problems

  1. #11
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    And tea partiers don't???

    And we see how united the right is, between main-line republicans, neo-cons, and tea-partyers. We've even seen Newt's marital history attacked by his own kind.

    Come on Stan, this is all politics as usual. The primary season is like the rut season....everyone stands alone, and you'll hear plenty of antlers clashing.

    Nothing here is surprising. Actually what IS surprising, is how Obama has remanined relatively unscathed, with no serious rumblings about a democratic challenge.
    In WI the right is united.
    We want the Government to stop spending money we don't have on crap we don't need!!

    Walker is an American hero!!!


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  2. #12
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I am beginning to realize that the progressives in America are fully convinced thay are on the right path.

    It amazes them that there are so many that disagree.
    So much so, that even after the people speak via elections etc. it boggles their mind.
    So it ain't so!

    But it is so.

    You are correct, in WI the working class have had enough.....see the last 3 election results.

    The liberal progressives have been shown the door.


    As far as Walkers plan destroying WI........maybe we could wait until it is law for at least a couple days before we pass judgemnent from afar!!


    Feel free to visit and same day register to vote in our next election, maybe you could hitch a ride on a union buss!!


    "Of the people, by the people, for the people!!!"



    RK

    Never mind. It's clear that the only one that even likely took a look at the link I posted was Marvin.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Never mind. It's clear that the only one that even likely took a look at the link I posted was Marvin.
    Buzz, I read everything until someone proves themselves unworthy of that consideration, that's why I call it clap-trap. I've also experienced a lot of different scenario's through our life's experiences & those of my son's who are all independent business people, with the exception of one.

    The people who write that stuff have a secure position so they feel their point of view is worthy. Try starting a business from scratch as we did & 3 of our son's have, you will have an entirely different view of our world. In our case we paid a business tax for 15 years before their was a flicker of profit. By choice one of our son's works 16 hours a day, 7 days a week drawing no salary doing what he wants to do. The government is there with their hand out immediately, & because he makes a food product they are looking over his shoulder constantly. He will eventually do very well, but then he'll be one of those guys who paid his own way through college, worked for others for experience & now is doing it his way, sans salary. But you & others believe all that money should go into the pockets of those who take no risk. I can understand that from some, I just can't understand it from you?

    They don't treat the big guys that way, just the little guys as the big guys want the little guys shut down.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  4. #14
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Never mind. It's clear that the only one that even likely took a look at the link I posted was Marvin.
    Is it???

    Really??

    You read minds???

    Wisconsin's budget problem is tethered to the overarching problem facing Wisconsin and the rest of the country: Wealth and income leaving the middle class and going to the super wealthy. When we overlay Wisconsin's tax policy, which relies primarily on the middle class to raise revenue and pay the bills, we find ourselves with a budget shortfall especially in the midst of an economic recession that has mainly affected the middle class, and not the wealthy.
    Maybe both you and your bogus, slanted, biased "paper" are consumed by class envy.


    "Nothing happens until the sale is made."


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #15
    Senior Member Hew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Never mind. It's clear that the only one that even likely took a look at the link I posted was Marvin.
    Yeah, what's with all you dim bulbs?!? The nerve of you people not to read Buzz's 20 page propaganda piece written by ex-DNC flacks and admittedly not read by Buzz, either.

    I'm sure if any of you had posted a lengthy Limbaugh article titled, "Obama's Failed Economic Policies" and admitted that you hadn't read it yourself that Buzz would have dropped everthing to get analyzin'.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Yeah, what's with all you dim bulbs?!? The nerve of you people not to read Buzz's 20 page propaganda piece written by ex-DNC flacks and admittedly not read by Buzz, either.

    I'm sure if any of you had posted a lengthy Limbaugh article titled, "Obama's Failed Economic Policies" and admitted that you hadn't read it yourself that Buzz would have dropped everthing to get analyzin'.

    I actually listen to right wing radio, and I read stuff from the Heritage Foundation and AEI. It's obvious that right wingers aren't interested in competing points of view.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  7. #17
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I actually listen to right wing radio, and I read stuff from the Heritage Foundation and AEI. It's obvious that right wingers aren't interested in competing points of view.
    So, you consider "class envy" a viable position?
    It has clearly become the Democrats main talking point since Obama's speech last week.


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  8. #18
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Normal operating procedure.

    Previous administrations had made use of signing statements to dispute the validity of a new law or its individual components. George H. W. Bush challenged 232 statutes through signing statements during four years in office and Clinton challenged 140 over eight years. George W. Bush's 130 signing statements contain at least 1,100 challenges.

    Had I heard complaints about past administrations, it would lend credence to your current purely partisan complaints.

    ps...I'm assuming "BUmma" refers to President Obama?
    Here's a quote from then Sen. Obama on signing statements:

    That's not part of his power, but this is part of the whole theory of George Bush that he can make laws as he goes along. I disagree with that. I taught the Constitution for 10 years. I believe in the Constitution and I will obey the Constitution of the United States. We're not going to use signing statements as a way of doing an end-run around Congress," then-Senator Obama said as a presidential candidate in 2008.

    Just another in a long string of Obama lies...
    Bill Davis

  9. #19
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Here's a quote from then Sen. Obama on signing statements:

    That's not part of his power, but this is part of the whole theory of George Bush that he can make laws as he goes along. I disagree with that. I taught the Constitution for 10 years. I believe in the Constitution and I will obey the Constitution of the United States. We're not going to use signing statements as a way of doing an end-run around Congress," then-Senator Obama said as a presidential candidate in 2008.

    Just another in a long string of Obama lies...
    Bill,
    In 1985, my poli-sci professor told us to forever fear ANY president grabbing power away from Congress, ie the people. Because once they sieze that power, they never relinquish it. And its handed down to every subsequent president. Presidential power grabbing crosses generations and party lines.

    When Bush did it, I knew every president hence would do the same exact thing, no matter what they may have said as a senator, governor, or whatever they were before becoming president.

    I don't like signing statements when Bush did it, nor when Obama does it. I am consistent in that. Any of you republicans care to admit the same? That since you're against it now, you were against it when Bush did it? Just wonderin'.....
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  10. #20
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Bill,
    In 1985, my poli-sci professor told us to forever fear ANY president grabbing power away from Congress, ie the people. Because once they sieze that power, they never relinquish it. And its handed down to every subsequent president. Presidential power grabbing crosses generations and party lines.

    When Bush did it, I knew every president hence would do the same exact thing, no matter what they may have said as a senator, governor, or whatever they were before becoming president.

    I don't like signing statements when Bush did it, nor when Obama does it. I am consistent in that. Any of you republicans care to admit the same? That since you're against it now, you were against it when Bush did it? Just wonderin'.....
    Don't know that I thought (or even knew) much about them then. Also don't recall President Bush making statements that he would never use them. Obama makes a habit of grand pronouncements followed by doing the exact opposite.
    Bill Davis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •