The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fair taxation?

Default Fair taxation?

Super rich see federal taxes drop dramatically

WASHINGTON As millions of procrastinators scramble to meet Monday's tax filing deadline, ponder this: The super rich pay a lot less taxes than they did a couple of decades ago, and nearly half of U.S. households pay no income taxes at all.
    The Internal Revenue Service tracks the tax returns with the 400 highest adjusted gross incomes each year. The average income on those returns in 2007, the latest year for IRS data, was nearly $345 million. Their average federal income tax rate was 17 percent, down from 26 percent in 1992.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_no_taxes

I don't know how the right-wingers will feel about this...but I'm feeling like we're all taking the shaft! And I'm not talking about the over 250k/yr crowd. That's peanuts compared to what these folks are making.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    WASHINGTON ... and nearly half of U.S. households pay no income taxes at all.
    I'd focus on this group first. Those other 400 people and firms are at least paying something.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Super rich see federal taxes drop dramatically

WASHINGTON As millions of procrastinators scramble to meet Monday's tax filing deadline, ponder this: The super rich pay a lot less taxes than they did a couple of decades ago, and nearly half of U.S. households pay no income taxes at all.
    The Internal Revenue Service tracks the tax returns with the 400 highest adjusted gross incomes each year. The average income on those returns in 2007, the latest year for IRS data, was nearly $345 million. Their average federal income tax rate was 17 percent, down from 26 percent in 1992.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_no_taxes

I don't know how the right-wingers will feel about this...but I'm feeling like we're all taking the shaft! And I'm not talking about the over 250k/yr crowd. That's peanuts compared to what these folks are making.
    there is someone, somewhere making $9.50 an hour who believes you are the super rich.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    there is someone, somewhere making $9.50 an hour who believes you are the super rich.
    I understand that. But they're not paying any taxes, so their right to complain is somewhat diminished. I am paying taxes. So are you probably. We're also paying for those who don't pay any, and those who make 7,8, and 9 figure salaries, so they don't have to pay as much.

Both situations need looked at, and fixed.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    I'd focus on this group first. Those other 400 people and firms are at least paying something.
    Eric, I see your point and agree it should be looked at. But those people ARE paying something...via user fees, licensing fees, sales tax, etc...

They are for the most part, NOT rolling in the dough. 9-figure salary earners should pay AT LEAST as much as you and I do.......IMO.

Banned

One more reason for a "flat tax" rate.

Until the 50% that pay no federal income taxes start paying, let alone stop having a NEGATIVE tax liability that is REFUNDED to them I'm not going to worry about those that already pay. When the gov't stops giving people money I worry about those that pay. By that I mean actually giving people money that they did not earn. I am not refering to the amount of money a person earns that is stolen by the gov't.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Dave, when you or Roger post items like this, I get the impression you believe you are reporting a scandal of some sort.

Well, soon enough, you along with the rest of the Americans that took advantage of the “Bush Tax Cuts” will have an opportunity to participate in the “obama Tax Increases.”

I doubt you will ever believe no matter what tax increase is imposed on those who make more than you it will ever be enough.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Banned

All in favor of a Flat Tax, say "Aye".

Quote Originally Posted by Doc E View Post
    All in favor of a Flat Tax, say "Aye".

I would like to agree with you, Doc, but it wouldn't be long before we had an underground economy that would choke an ox.

The only tax that would catch everyone is a consumtion tax...one that would exclude food and meds (to protect the 'poor' ya know). Since the majority of the states have a 'sales' tax now, it would be the easiest to implement, with very little additional personnel to collect it.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.