The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Fair taxation?

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    ...I am not suggesting going back to a 70%-90% tax rate, that is absurd...
    Why????????????
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Some things that I have not seen on any of these threads....

How much should "the rich" pay? Pick a number.

Assuming that number becomes law, how much additional tax revenue would be generated?

Assuming that we now borrow $.40 of every dollar spent, would the additional revenue be enough to close that gap to 0?

If not 0, what is plan B for getting it to 0?

I don't know that taxing "the rich" would have much of an impact on our budget problem. Is it just a class warfare feel good game, or would it really have a material impact on the budget?

I haven't heard ANY proposals from the left for any material spending cuts. Again, if you get your way and "the rich" are taxed at higher rates, where do we go if it is still not enough to close the budget gap?