The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fair taxation?

Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    Stan..... in your link, there is the chart that shows tax revenue versus spending..... top right chart. Could you post it for buzz????? I aint no good at this cut and paste stuff......
    You mean this one??

My pleasure!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I'm afraid that as long as federal spending equals votes, the spending will never go down. As long as elected officials, government employees and union members have salaries and benefits that exceed the average citizen, the spending will not go down until it's too late.

Golden egg regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Another interesting graph that may explain more the income vs outgo gap!
    Bloomberg Reports had another one in one of the latest magazines but based on age 18-65 that was even more dramatic. Sorry can't find it on the web. But it had employment of 18-65 yo males at below 65%!!!

Last edited by T. Mac; 04-18-2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: add new graph

Imagine if we could get Democrats to pay their taxes!!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...taxes-irs.html

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The brainwashing must be compete. You gotta hand it to them for convincing a large portion of the population that it's just fine for the wealthy to pay a lower effective rate than the average Joe. After all, look over there, welfare queens!
    Yup.

Amazing. Reminds me of the rich southern plantation owners getting the working poor to charge into union cannons for them....and their lavish lifestyle that the cannon-fodder were never going to share in even with a southern victory. Its happened before, its happening now, and it will happen again. I guess if you're rich, its good to have a gullible populace to do your work, pay your taxes, and fight your battles.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Yup.

Amazing. Reminds me of the rich southern plantation owners getting the working poor to charge into union cannons for them....and their lavish lifestyle that the cannon-fodder were never going to share in even with a southern victory. Its happened before, its happening now, and it will happen again. I guess if you're rich, its good to have a gullible populace to do your work, pay your taxes, and fight your battles.
    Sort of like AFSCME Union bosses??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

You are a freaking doctor and you are playing the class envy BS. "I guess if your rich" Give me a break! YOU ARE A HECK OF A LOT RICHER THAN A LOt OF FOLK ON HERE. Quit your BOO HOOING I am sick of hearing it!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Super rich see federal taxes drop dramatically

WASHINGTON As millions of procrastinators scramble to meet Monday's tax filing deadline, ponder this: The super rich pay a lot less taxes than they did a couple of decades ago, and nearly half of U.S. households pay no income taxes at all.
    The Internal Revenue Service tracks the tax returns with the 400 highest adjusted gross incomes each year. The average income on those returns in 2007, the latest year for IRS data, was nearly $345 million. Their average federal income tax rate was 17 percent, down from 26 percent in 1992.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_no_taxes

I don't know how the right-wingers will feel about this...but I'm feeling like we're all taking the shaft! And I'm not talking about the over 250k/yr crowd. That's peanuts compared to what these folks are making.
    If I was one of them I would be pretty mad, 17%! Dividends are usually only 15% so my money manager or accountant would be fired. Our oh so wonderful tax code allows these sorts of things. Tax everyone equally!

I say start tracking the ones who pay none and see how much "assistance" they get along with the tax return they get.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    You are a freaking doctor and you are playing the class envy BS. "I guess if your rich" Give me a break! YOU ARE A HECK OF A LOT RICHER THAN A LOt OF FOLK ON HERE. Quit your BOO HOOING I am sick of hearing it!
    What? By the responses, I'd guess I'm a lot poorer than many here!

If anything I was saying they should pay more! You got it all backwards, with all due respect.

Also, when the 250k line was drawn as somehow denoting "rich", that was under Reagan, and wages and CPI were a little different then.

If anything, I'm calling for a flat tax that ALL will be required to pay. Not just the working class, while the megarich get their loophole rate HALF of what I pay. Hope you don't have a problem with that.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

DNF.... You can certainly stroke a check to uncle sam..... go ahead..... if you think that you rich folk should pay more...... let your wallet do the talkin......

empty checkbook regards........
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)