The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fair taxation?

Found the graph I mentioned above from Bloomberg Businessweek.

Note the steady downward decline in employment since '53!!!

How can the left not understand? This isn't about who wins elections, or if my union bargaining days are over etc. etc. etc.

THIS INDEED MAY BE ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!

UB

Per-Capita Federal Spending Now Tops $12,000 Per Citizen

When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    DNF.... You can certainly stroke a check to uncle sam..... go ahead..... if you think that you rich folk should pay more...... let your wallet do the talkin......

empty checkbook regards........

Believe me, I already pay a boatload, and THAT's why I'd like to see the truly "rich" (>250k ain't rich like the Bush's and Kennedy's and Kerry and McCain's kind of "rich") pay at the same rate.

I doubt my annual salary as a physician would even amount to initiation fees at their country clubs. Really. I'm not joking.

Why shouldn't they pay at least as much as you and I pay???
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

as much as I may bitch.......I am sure all of those folks pay their fair share and then some......all while providing hundreds of jobs.......its the deadbeat 20 % of this country that really irks me.....jmo
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)

as much as I may bitch.......I am sure all of those folks pay their fair share and then some......all while providing hundreds of jobs.......its the deadbeat 20 % of this country that really irks me.....jmo
    The original post on this thread said what they pay on average, 17%. That isn't the marginal rate, it's the effective rate they pay. Meanwhile an average Joe like myself pays well over that. Once again last year I paid enough to support a family of 4 above the poverty level. If it is class warfare for me to expect those much more well off than myself to pay at least the same percentage of their income to the man, so be it, call me a class warrior.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The original post on this thread said what they pay on average, 17%. That isn't the marginal rate, it's the effective rate they pay. Meanwhile an average Joe like myself pays well over that. Once again last year I paid enough to support a family of 4 above the poverty level. If it is class warfare for me to expect those much more well off than myself to pay at least the same percentage of their income to the man, so be it, call me a class warrior.
    What it did not show was the percentage of Americans who pay no taxes at all. What is it up to now 43 or 46%? paying no federal income tax. Many of those actually get returns through various credits. Building the Dem voter base one non-tax payer at a time.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    What it did not show was the percentage of Americans who pay no taxes at all. What is it up to now 43 or 46%? paying no federal income tax. Many of those actually get returns through various credits. Building the Dem voter base one non-tax payer at a time.
    DING DING DING..... we have a winner...... This amount of revenue would dwarf the available taxable monies that the "wealthy" have. Only in entitlement america would you punish a successful entrepeneur.......... WHAT A CROCK!
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)

DING DING DING..... we have a winner...... This amount of revenue would dwarf the available taxable monies that the "wealthy" have. Only in entitlement america would you punish a successful entrepeneur.......... WHAT A CROCK!
    They aren't being punished, they are getting off easy! WHAT A CROCK!
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I'd be careful. There may be folks here who fall in that category.

As for your math, I don't know the numbers either, but if GE and Exxon didn't have so many loopholes, the 37% of 54 billion dollars would sure make up a lot of those low and middle class tax returns, eh? And that's just TWO companies! TWO. Take the half of the Fortune 500 companies who pay little or no tax and you've surely got the rest, and then some?

And there's a difference between taking away someone's ability to buy their 12th vacation home........versus their home heating allowance or food money.

And that consideration, is the difference between democrats (and independents) and the new breed of republicans.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I'm with you. The first thing the gov't needs to do is make everyone pays federal income taxes. NOthing pisses me off more than refundable credits.
    The first one to get rid of is the child credit. What a crock that is.
    Just think about it. Those are the same people that use the dept of ed.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI