The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Fair taxation?

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    I'm with you. The first thing the gov't needs to do is make everyone pays federal income taxes. NOthing pisses me off more than refundable credits.
    The first one to get rid of is the child credit. What a crock that is.
    Just think about it. Those are the same people that use the dept of ed.
    I agree with that. Baby factories should not be rewarded.

I wonder what the percentage of those paying no taxes would be if we just eliminated the child tax credit?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

dnf what a slick statement " They may be people in that category yada yada". So what. If you want better go get it, sorry it may be actually hard to do but you can. Don't try to give me the poor me story. I know you can come up with someone's hard luck story and that is part of some people's life but it always can be changed it just may take a lot of work. When you want a poor me story I will give you one. I pay for my own kids and don't want to pay for other's kids.I know people that get government money (my money,your money) that don't work that could.But they are poor and need help.No they are lazy and need to work.Maybe some of those jobs that Americans don't want to do like cleaning a rich man's horse stalls like I did would still be available.

In regard to taxes and those of you that think the "rich" don't pay enough I have a couple questions.

#1---Define "rich?"

#2--How much should "they" pay??

Thanks,

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    In regard to taxes and those of you that think the "rich" don't pay enough I have a couple questions.

#1---Define "rich?"

Thanks,

RK
    #2 - the SAME as you and I. In that setting, #1 becomes irrelevant.

If you still want a number, see what 250k is in 1980 dollars??
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

#1---Define "rich?"

Thanks,

RK

I'm not talking about how much the rich should pay. I'm saying that I'm not frigg'in rich. However if you take the amount I paid and divide by how much I paid, I ended up paying an overall effective rate of 24%. But reading DNF's original post:

The Internal Revenue Service tracks the tax returns with the 400 highest adjusted gross incomes each year. The average income on those returns in 2007, the latest year for IRS data, was nearly $345 million. Their average federal income tax rate was 17 percent, down from 26 percent in 1992.

You guys want to point the finger at lower income people that don't pay anything. FINE, OK, that's not fair. But you guys seem to think it's fair for folks who's income has NINE FREAKING DIGITS IN IT to pay that much lower a percentage than I do. And you seem to think it's fair because they are the job creators. I guess I don't contribute one iota so it's fair to take a 7% points higher chunk out of my hide. OK, I get it. They are the water carriers, I'm a water drinker...

PS: I have kid too, but I don't get to take that deduction. At some point they say FY, you can't deduct your kids.
    Last edited by Buzz; 04-19-2011 at 10:12 AM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I'm not talking about how much the rich should pay. I'm saying that I'm not frigg'in rich. However if you take the amount I paid and divide by how much I paid, I ended up paying an overall effective rate of 24%. But reading DNF's original post:

You guys want to point the finger at lower income people that don't pay anything. FINE, OK, that's not fair. But you guys seem to think it's fair for folks who's income has NINE FREAKING DIGITS IN IT to pay that much lower a percentage than I do. And you seem to think it's fair because they are the job creators. I guess I don't contribute one iota so it's fair to take a 7% points higher chunk out of my hide. OK, I get it.

PS: I have kid too, but I don't get to take that deduction. At some point they say FY, you can't deduct your kids.
    Buzz, my kids are raised and gone.
    My wife passed.
    My house is paid for as well as a small property I have.
    No deductions at all.

What LOOPHOLES???

But, I paid.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I'd be careful. There may be folks here who fall in that category.

As for your math, I don't know the numbers either, but if GE and Exxon didn't have so many loopholes, the 37% of 54 billion dollars would sure make up a lot of those low and middle class tax returns, eh? And that's just TWO companies! TWO. Take the half of the Fortune 500 companies who pay little or no tax and you've surely got the rest, and then some?

And there's a difference between taking away someone's ability to buy their 12th vacation home........versus their home heating allowance or food money.

And that consideration, is the difference between democrats (and independents) and the new breed of republicans.

Careful?? Why? My opinion wouldnt change if they were standing next to me......... And there you go.....changing your song and dance yet again...... are we talking personal income tax, or corporate taxes?????? You decide...... when your ready, so am I........
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)

Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    Careful?? Why? My opinion wouldnt change if they were standing next to me......... And there you go.....changing your song and dance yet again...... are we talking personal income tax, or corporate taxes?????? You decide...... when your ready, so am I........
    Either one Troy. Apparently there's no distinction anymore according to SCOTUS. (but that's a whole 'nother thread)

The premise I hold to is that anyone earning a living and expected to pay taxes, should pay the same rate. Me, you, or Warren Buffet.

How is it construed as "class warfare" to ask that the guy who owns the factory pay as much as the guy who works in the factory? Is that "unfair"?

AGAIN THAT 17% is federal income tax.
    Absolutely no one can pay a federal income tax rate of 37%
    The top marginal bracket is currently 35%.
    Therefore even a billionare's effective federal income tax rate would be slightly less than
    35% with nothing but a personal exemption and standard deduction.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

there is a massive difference between corporate and personal tax liability.......let alone liability PERIOD. corporations have to protect themselves and their employees......they should make millions....even billions.....cuz they are gonna need it without tort reform. the bottom 50% is where you should be focusing......and u refuse to look there.......please put your head back in the sand.
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)