The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S&P Affirms US AAA Rating, Cuts Outlook to Negative

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    If only the "RICH" would pay more taxes!!!
    This would all be solved!!

RK

That would be a start. Glad to see you agree with Warren Buffet and Bill Gates. Two men who know a little more about generating wealth than you or me. (I?)

Bush's wartime tax cuts immediately piled 1.4 trillion on the debt. And WHO got us into A-stan and Iraq with NO exit plan. Or plan period? Uhhhh....that would be everyone here's favorite recent republican president.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    That would be a start. Glad to see you agree with Warren Buffet and Bill Gates. Two men who know a little more about generating wealth than you or me. (I?)

Bush's wartime tax cuts immediately piled 1.4 trillion on the debt. And WHO got us into A-stan and Iraq with NO exit plan. Or plan period? Uhhhh....that would be everyone here's favorite recent republican president.
    don't you realize that if they taxed all who make over $250,000 at 100%, they still can't make up the deficit and long term obligations??? You have to be nuts to believe that you can tax the wealthy and get us out of this mess PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    don't you realize that if they taxed all who make over $250,000 at 100%, they still can't make up the deficit and long term obligations??? You have to be nuts to believe that you can tax the wealthy and get us out of this mess PERIOD.
    Not what I said. Not even close.
    What I said was the Bush tax cuts heaped 1.4 trillion dollars onto our pile of debt. That is a fact, and it is a significant amount. We're quibbling about 30 versus 60 billion in cuts. How does that compare to 1.4 trillion?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

and what I am saying is that Obama (himself) already added 3 trillion more.........

Finger pointing regards........
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)

Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    and what I am saying is that Obama (himself) already added 3 trillion more.........

Page 5 of the play book....."He started it!!!"

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post

He must certainly did. And I'm not one bit happy with that.

Stan: PLEASE give it a rest! Can you resist your little urges of sniping?
    I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of it.

He must certainly did. And I'm not one bit happy with that.

Stan: PLEASE give it a rest! Can you resist your little urges of sniping?
    I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of it.
    Ironically, he is spot on!!!!!!
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)

Bush's wartime tax cuts immediately piled 1.4 trillion on the debt.
    This will be the second time you've claimed the tax cuts came after the war started and also the second time I'll point out that you're wrong and that the tax cuts preceeded even 9/11. If there's a third time I'll presume your misleading info is either intentional or that you're in the advanced stages of dementia.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    This will be the second time you've claimed the tax cuts came after the war started and also the second time I'll point out that you're wrong and that the tax cuts preceeded even 9/11. If there's a third time I'll presume your misleading info is either intentional or that you're in the advanced stages of dementia.
    Without getting too nit-picky, I said he did both. They were in effect at the same time. I could easily argue he was planning the Iraq war even before 9-11 (we would never agree, so I won't bother) but the fact is, we had a 1.4 trillion dollar tax cut AND a war, check, TWO wars, all going on at the same time in history. Never happened before, regardless of which event predated which. He had 5 years to realize we weren't paying for the war with oil revenues (as Wolfowitz predicted) and recind the tax cuts in order to pay for the wars, but chose not to. Just keep running up the tab...the guy at the end of the bar will pay.....

Unfortunately, that guy at the end of the bar is YOU and ME.

Without getting too nit-picky, I said he did both. They were in effect at the same time. I could easily argue he was planning the Iraq war even before 9-11 (we would never agree, so I won't bother) but the fact is, we had a 1.4 trillion dollar tax cut AND a war, check, TWO wars, all going on at the same time in history. Never happened before, regardless of which event predated which. He had 5 years to realize we weren't paying for the war with oil revenues (as Wolfowitz predicted) and recind the tax cuts in order to pay for the wars, but chose not to. Just keep running up the tab...the guy at the end of the bar will pay.....

Unfortunately, that guy at the end of the bar is YOU and ME.
    Please make your easy argument that Bush was busily planning the Iraq war even before 9-11. We'd all like to hear it, Sheen.