The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: S&P Affirms US AAA Rating, Cuts Outlook to Negative

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Please make your easy argument that Bush was busily planning the Iraq war even before 9-11. We'd all like to hear it, Sheen.
    If you don't mind, I said I'd rather not, since we will never agree. Is it too much to ask that we may peacefully disagree on a few issues now and then without launching into name calling?

And frankly, I doubt everyone "wants to hear it". At least not the people I enjoy talking with here, who don't call names at every disagreement.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Not what I said. Not even close.
    What I said was the Bush tax cuts heaped 1.4 trillion dollars onto our pile of debt. That is a fact, and it is a significant amount. We're quibbling about 30 versus 60 billion in cuts. How does that compare to 1.4 trillion?
    Wrong again. Even if there had been no tax cuts for ANYBODY, the tax revenue increase would not be even close to the 1.4 trillion you claim is a result of the Bush tax cuts. Furthermore the current administration wants to keep the tax cuts for those making less than $250,000. Personally, I would like to see the Fed budget cut by 40% and I don't care where they start or where they end. Don't take a meat axe to the budget, take an atom bomb to it. Cut til the budget is cut 40%. Then maybe the rest of the world will no longer see us as broke which we are. Some just don't know it.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    don't you realize that if they taxed all who make over $250,000 at 100%, they still can't make up the deficit and long term obligations??? You have to be nuts to believe that you can tax the wealthy and get us out of this mess PERIOD.
    And if you took 100% of their wealth this year, what would be left for next year?

If nearly 1/2 of the population pays no taxes now, and you took 100% of the wealth of the "rich" ... then what?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Wrong again. Even if there had been no tax cuts for ANYBODY, the tax revenue increase would not be even close to the 1.4 trillion you claim is a result of the Bush tax cuts. Furthermore the current administration wants to keep the tax cuts for those making less than $250,000. Personally, I would like to see the Fed budget cut by 40% and I don't care where they start or where they end. Don't take a meat axe to the budget, take an atom bomb to it. Cut til the budget is cut 40%. Then maybe the rest of the world will no longer see us as broke which we are. Some just don't know it.
    I applaud your fiscal attitude. I've been saying that for 10 years! Where were you when all this started?? Reagan tripled our national debt. Bush I added significantly. Bush II blew it through the roof. Obama (lil' Bush) is continuing down the road. You must have LOVED Clinton, eh?

The numbers I quote were from the CBO, under Bush.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I applaud your fiscal attitude. I've been saying that for 10 years! Where were you when all this started?? Reagan tripled our national debt. Bush I added significantly. Bush II blew it through the roof. Obama (lil' Bush) is continuing down the road. You must have LOVED Clinton, eh?

The numbers I quote were from the CBO, under Bush.
    I am today where I was 10 years ago. You have never heard me say a word about Clinton except the healthcare fiasco his 1st year. In fact the combination of Clinton as president and a Republican house and Senate is probably the best combination since Eisenhower. Who do I blame the most for the situation we are in today?? It is the Republicans. they campained on the contract with America and when they failed to keep their word, we wound up with what we have today. I care nothing about the past but that which history teaches us. I care only about today and the prospect of a healthy future. Never have I seen a President pass virtually every piece of legislation in his first 2 years with the exception of that portion of the bush tax cuts affecting the rich, blame the Tea Party(Tea Baggers for some idiots), the Republicans, GWB, Wall Street, the insurance companies, the banks, the corporations, and the rich, for his obvious failure of his policies.
    I fear for this contry more than I have ever in my lifetime. i fear a revolution and as a result a dictatatorship as a possible future. I have always felt the most important freedom is freedom itself even above that of life. Reading these posts freedom seems to me to be far down the list in importance, far below entitlements, so called share of the pie, and "rights". I see envy, jealosy, and the so called "fairness" properganda. The pie has to be devided. Making your own pie is not the issue to some. I have read Obama's own words and they scare me. "When in college, I chose my friends carefully. I chose militant blacks, hispanics, AND MARXIST LININESTS." The marxist linnenists are my mafor concern, not the militant blacks or hispanics. So don't think my comment racist. That is just one of many statements he has made that cause me great concern.

The question is "will the people realize that we are broke, dead broke, and no amount of taxation or income redistribution will solve the problem. We can't save the world and will be lucky to save ourselves. If we are to survive, we will turn isolationist and return to the principle that if you don't work you don't eat. Charity starts at home not with the government.

So talk about taxes. Talk about fairness. Talk about rights. Envy your neighbor and refuse to defend his freedoms. These qualities and a few more will keep us on the path to destruction of the greatest country in history.

The question is "will the people realize that we are broke, dead broke, and no amount of taxation or income redistribution will solve the problem. We can't save the world and will be lucky to save ourselves.

Some of us already realize that. For many years. Some of us realize also that when your broke, the first thing you do is stop spending. The BIGGEST expenditures as of late are: the Iraq war, the Afghanistan war, the drug prescription plan, stimulus package.

Also, taxes are near all-time historic lows for the richest among us. It ain't workin'!

I'm tired of when asking everyone to pay their fair share, that is called class warfare, just as Buzz pointed out. I'm beginning to think many here are closet CEOs with billions in Swiss bank accounts??

I'm tired of when asking everyone to pay their fair share, that is called class warfare, just as Buzz pointed out. I'm beginning to think many here are closet CEOs with billions in Swiss bank accounts??
    Not so true DNF...... what about the lower percentile that pays NO taxes, actually they get paid by the government...... You have specifically chosen to go after the successful business people of this country. You cant talk out both sides of your mouth..... WHICH IS IT?
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)

Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    Not so true DNF...... what about the lower percentile that pays NO taxes, actually they get paid by the government...... You have specifically chosen to go after the successful business people of this country. You cant talk out both sides of your mouth..... WHICH IS IT?
    Again, maybe folks here in that category. Young, several kids, middle to low income job.....

Fine, go ahead and tax them. I agree with a flat rate....so long as everyone pays, not just the working class, while the megamillionaires get off free.

Again, maybe folks here in that category. Young, several kids, middle to low income job.....

Fine, go ahead and tax them. I agree with a flat rate....so long as everyone pays, not just the working class, while the megamillionaires get off free.
    Those mega-millionaires you claim are getting off free create a lot of jobs. For every yacht they buy or 12 homes they buy who do you think builds them? Working people. Get a grip man. People with money create jobs for others. Run those people off and they take the jobs with them.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Those mega-millionaires you claim are getting off free create a lot of jobs. For every yacht they buy or 12 homes they buy who do you think builds them? Working people. Get a grip man. People with money create jobs for others. Run those people off and they take the jobs with them.
    I'm not wanting to run them off, or take thier first born child....just that they pay at least what you and I do. No more, no less. Is that too much to ask?

Oh, and hate to burst your "made in America" bubble, buy John Kerry's yacht was built in New Zealand. Very few mega-yachts are built in America anymore. Norway, England, Japan, NZ have staked their claim.