The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 85

Thread: S&P Affirms US AAA Rating, Cuts Outlook to Negative

  1. #41
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    You want an answer without using the term "class warfare", then I will give you one. The top 1% wage earners(and that includes savings, investment, and entrepaneurship) pay more tax than the bottom 90%!!! The bottom 50% wage earners pay less that 3%, that's right LESS THAN 3% of the total tax burden. The rich(top 1%) pay far more of their share of the income tax burden. I suspect the many you talk of on this forum agree not because they are in this group but because they know to demonize and ridicule a minority, much less use the government to single them out and attempt to punish them for their successes only leads to them also being singled out and punished. Protecting and defending their freedoms is necessary if one is to expect others to protect and defend their own freedoms.

    I said that they pay far more than their fair share and I understand that you completely disagree. Now pleas answer this question( I suspcet you won't), "If the top 1% pays more tax than the bottom 90%, THEN HOW MUCH MORE SHOULD THEY PAY??? No BS about the tax rate which means nothing considering the 70,000 pages of exemptions, JUST SAY HOW MUCH MORE THEY SHOULD PAY AS A PERCENTAGE OF THE TOTAL TAX BURDEN!!

    I am certainly not in the top 1% and probably not in the top 10% but I do care about everyone's freedoms, especially those in the minority.
    I don't look at it in terms of total tax burden. All I can do is pay my part, and ask that each individual does the same. Those numbers you quote are not as shocking as their face value, considering the large population of unemployed the Bush era economy has created.....and the billionaires it also created. It doesn't take many Donal Trumps to surpass an entire blighted neighborhood in Detroit, where factories are boarded up.

    So what was I supposed to answer? How much should the rich pay?

    Answer: 37% of their gross income. Or let ME pay 17%. and screw the economy.

    now don't say I didn't answer.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I don't look at it in terms of total tax burden. All I can do is pay my part, and ask that each individual does the same. Those numbers you quote are not as shocking as their face value, considering the large population of unemployed the Bush era economy has created.....and the billionaires it also created. It doesn't take many Donal Trumps to surpass an entire blighted neighborhood in Detroit, where factories are boarded up.

    So what was I supposed to answer? How much should the rich pay?

    Answer: 37% of their gross income. Or let ME pay 17%. and screw the economy.

    now don't say I didn't answer.
    i figured you wouldn't give a direct answer to the question you never do and that is why there is so much animosity from some toward you.

  3. #43
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    i figured you wouldn't give a direct answer to the question you never do and that is why there is so much animosity from some toward you.
    WHAT???

    You must have a comprehension disorder.

    I even put the answer in bold.

    THEY SHOULD PAY 37% OF THEIR GROSS INCOME.

    If you can't see that, get some bifocals man!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  4. #44
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    WHAT???

    You must have a comprehension disorder.

    I even put the answer in bold.

    THEY SHOULD PAY 37% OF THEIR GROSS INCOME.

    If you can't see that, get some bifocals man!
    Do you pay 37% of your gross doc? if you say yes... I'll know you are a little fat troll in your mothers basement!
    Bill Davis

  5. #45
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    WHAT???

    You must have a comprehension disorder.

    I even put the answer in bold.

    THEY SHOULD PAY 37% OF THEIR GROSS INCOME.

    If you can't see that, get some bifocals man!
    NOBODY pays 37% of their gross income in federal income taxes!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    WHAT???

    You must have a comprehension disorder.

    I even put the answer in bold.

    THEY SHOULD PAY 37% OF THEIR GROSS INCOME.

    If you can't see that, get some bifocals man!
    I saw what you wrote but you must not have seen where i said "DON'T LOOK AT THE PERCENTAGE TAX BECAUSE 70,000 PAGES OF TAX CODE MODIFIES IT" LOOKING AT THE PERCENTAGE IS JUST SO MUCH BS!!! THE RAW DATA SHOWS HOW MUCH TAX EACH GROUP PAYS. NOT THE PERCENTAGE OF TAXABLE INCOME. IF YOU THINK THAT PERCENTAGE MEANS ANYTHING THEN YOU JUST BELIEVE IN SO MUCH BSSSSSSS

  7. #47
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    You want an answer without using the term "class warfare", then I will give you one. The top 1% wage earners(and that includes savings, investment, and entrepaneurship) pay more tax than the bottom 90%!!!
    I don't believe that's correct. I have heard some pretty outrageous statements about this so a hunting I went. And low and behold the CBO publishes numbers like that. Click on my link below and you'll find the information tabulated for the years 1979 through 2007.

    http://www.cbo.gov/publications/coll...ity_shares.pdf

    The charts are pretty informative...

    To save you the trouble if you refuse to look, the top 1% paid about 28.1% of total federal tax liabilities. What goes unsaid often is that the top 1% earns nearly 25% of the total income now (I'll find a source from that when I have time.). So I'm having trouble feeling sorry for them.

    I would like to see your source. When I have time I'd like to dig into it and see how they are able to massage the numbers to have them come out so much different than what the CBO reports. Please don't tell me that the CBO is lying... My guess is, your sources are experts at twisting statistics to make them say what their target audience is predisposed to believe.
    Last edited by Buzz; 04-19-2011 at 04:46 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  8. #48
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I saw what you wrote but you must not have seen where i said "DON'T LOOK AT THE PERCENTAGE TAX BECAUSE 70,000 PAGES OF TAX CODE MODIFIES IT" LOOKING AT THE PERCENTAGE IS JUST SO MUCH BS!!! THE RAW DATA SHOWS HOW MUCH TAX EACH GROUP PAYS. NOT THE PERCENTAGE OF TAXABLE INCOME. IF YOU THINK THAT PERCENTAGE MEANS ANYTHING THEN YOU JUST BELIEVE IN SO MUCH BSSSSSSS
    Uuhhhh.......ok.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I don't believe that's correct. I have heard some pretty outrageous statements about this so a hunting I went. And low and behold the CBO publishes numbers like that. Click on my link below and you'll find the information tabulated for the years 1979 through 2007.

    http://www.cbo.gov/publications/coll...ity_shares.pdf

    The charts are pretty informative...

    To save you the trouble if you refuse to look, the top 1% paid about 28.1% of total federal tax liabilities. What goes unsaid often is that the top 1% earns nearly 25% of the total income now (I'll find a source from that when I have time.). So I'm having trouble feeling sorry for them.

    I would like to see your source. When I have time I'd like to dig into it and see how they are able to massage the numbers to have them come out so much different than what the CBO reports. Please don't tell me that the CBO is lying... My guess is, your sources are experts at twisting statistics to make them say what their target audience is predisposed to believe.
    I wish you would read your own referenced charts. The top 1% paid 28.1% of the TOTAL TAX LIABILITY OF THE FED GOV. the top 1% paid 39.5% of the INDIVIDUAL FED. TAX LIABILITY. The first takes into account corp. income tax, estate taxes among other fed. taxes. You as well as dnf keep talking about how unfair the tax is on the rich as compared to the tax on the rest of us not corp tax.

  10. #50
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    You can twist numbers until they are incomprehensible, but I stand by this:

    If Joe the CEO pays an effective tax rate of 17% on $300,000,000, and Bob the Pro Dog Trainer pays 36%, SOMETHING IS WRONG.

    Please notice, I'm not asking that they pay more than you or I, JUST THAT THEY PAY THE SAME!

    I'm trying to use the KISS principle here, and not get into fuzzy math.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •