The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: S&P Affirms US AAA Rating, Cuts Outlook to Negative

From "Redstate" comes this analysis. UB

If you have been away for the past twenty-four hours, you missed that for the first time since its founding in 1941, Standards and Poor downgraded our nationís credit outlook. S&P believes there is a 33% change it will downgrade the nationís AAA credit rating in the next two years.

For the past year, Democrats have spent freely arguing that their free spending ways did not matter. In fact, Barack Obamaís proposed budget for 2012 increases the national debt to 116% of gross domestic product, even while adding $2 trillion in tax increases.

It is not that budget proposal that became the straw to break the camelís back.

It was not even his trillion dollar stimulus plan or his multi-trillion dollar stimulus plan than became the straw to break the camelís back.

In fact, it was Barack Obamaís disastrous speech last week that broke the camelís back.

As James Pethokoukis noted, Obamaís muddled plan to solve the crisis was ďfastened together by the chewing gum and sticky tape of rosy economic assumptions and fiscal opacity.Ē But more so, it was Barack Obamaís angry words and denunciation of Paul Ryanís own plan that drove S&P to its conclusion.
    S&P said
    We view President Obamaís and Congressman Ryanís proposals as the starting point of a process aimed at broader engagement, which could result in substantial and lasting U.S. government fiscal consolidation. That said, we see the path to agreement as challenging because the gap between the parties remains wide. We believe there is a significant risk that Congressional negotiations could result in no agreement on a medium-term fiscal strategy until after the fall 2012 Congressional and Presidential elections. If so, the first budget proposal that could include related measures would be Budget 2014 (for the fiscal year beginning Oct. 1, 2013), and we believe a delay beyond that time is possible.
    Remember, up until the Presidentís attack, even Democrats on the Deficit Commission were praising Paul Ryanís willingness to engage the issue ďat an adult level.Ē Everyone expects congressional partisans to take pot shots, but for the President of the United States to have a temper tantrum over it akin to a three year old denied a lollipop? Thatís unheard of.

The Presidentís open hostility to an adult plan while offering no substantive plan of his own was the straw that broke the camelís back. And because Mr. Obama still cannot deal with the issue as an adult, we will keep heading down this treacherous road.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    You're forgetting something. That little something is going to be key to the argument.

You need to consider what share of total income that the top 1% took home over the period. Without taking that into consideration, just saying that their total share of total tax liabilities has gone up means nothing to me.

When I find an "official source" for the income data I'll make us some pictures to look at.
    You said you read the charts and understood them fully. I'll take your word for that. I'll also let people figure out for themselves why you claimed the numbers I gave were outrageous, citing a chart that very clearly supported my numbers. Personally, I believe that you DID read the chart and clearly understood its meaning. I don't understand why yoou thought you could get away with using such a supportive chart of my figures to claim that my figures were outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I said that they make yachts there, they do.
    You make an argument that a particular model is mnade elsewhere.

Somehow in your mind validateing your superiority.

You have called me out several times since I backed off dealing with you.

1 more time, all bets are off.

Bon Mallari...can I get a ruling here??

I will ask 1 more time, please leave me out of your world.
    You will be glad you did.

RK
    What the Sam Hell are you talking about???

Can't have a disagreement without crying to mommy?

Red triangle me if you want. Geez! I pointed out that many megayachts are made overseas. You countered with a particular brand. I showed, (from your link) that even THEY make big boats overseas.

What is too difficult for you to handle? That you may be wrong once in a while. I never said they didn't make boats in WI. I just said they make some overseas, too.

And what's that last line? A threat? I don't think that's smiled upon here.

Keep it civil. You remember anyone making that plea?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    What the Sam Hell are you talking about???

Can't have a disagreement without crying to mommy?

Red triangle me if you want. Geez! I pointed out that many megayachts are made overseas. You countered with a particular brand. I showed, (from your link) that even THEY make big boats overseas.

What is too difficult for you to handle? That you may be wrong once in a while. I never said they didn't make boats in WI. I just said they make some overseas, too.

And what's that last line? A threat? I don't think that's smiled upon here.

Keep it civil. You remember anyone making that plea?
    Are YOU ever wrong??
    Does Palmer Johnson make yachts in Sturgeon Bay WI??
    What is a red triangle?
    Who is "mommy??"

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 04-19-2011 at 05:10 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    You think my math is fuzzy then look at Buzz's. His is in chart form and makes esactly the same point I made. By the way, I thought I did make it "keep it simple" stupid.
    You lost me. My idea of simple is that everyone pays a flat rate. Period.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Are YOU ever wrong?? Yes, often.
    Does Palmer Johnson make yachts in Sturgeon Bay WI?? Yes, some of them.
    What is a red triangle? One method that you may use to report to Chris, as you have many times in the past.
    Who is "mommy??" Bon Mallari...can I get a ruling here??

RK

Enough is enough Stan. You made an argument, I countered with data from a web site that you linked, pointing out that PJ makes a 170 foot megayacht in England. Thats all I did. Why do you fly off the handle? Can't you ever be shown data contrary to your belief without going ballistic? Get a grip.

Enough is enough Stan. You made an argument, I countered with data from a web site that you linked, pointing out that PJ makes a 170 foot megayacht in England. Thats all I did. Why do you fly off the handle? Can't you ever be shown data contrary to your belief without going ballistic? Get a grip.
    I have never reported a single post, ever.

Have you??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I have never reported a single post, ever.

Have you??

RK
    yep, I just did. And don't even pretend to say you haven't reported folks. That is so false, I think you must be joking!

there was no need to make theats and go off like that.

Look around, there's lots of disagreement going on in civil tones, with no animosity. you always have to take it a level higher when you feel you've been wronged.

yep, I just did. And don't even pretend to say you haven't reported folks. That is so false, I think you must be joking!

there was no need to make theats and go off like that.

Look around, there's lots of disagreement going on in civil tones, with no animosity. you always have to take it a level higher when you feel you've been wronged.
    One thing for sure, whether its RK, Gibson, me or whoever on this side of the forum... there is one common denominator when disputes arise...DNF

You always have to be the smartest one in the room. Problem is, you are the only one that feels that way.
    Bill Davis

You lost me. My idea of simple is that everyone pays a flat rate. Period.
    I'm not surprised that I lost you.