The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: S&P Affirms US AAA Rating, Cuts Outlook to Negative

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Got that one right! And now O has called together the heavy hitters to get working on that immigration reform.

That ought to keep them all busy so that around this time next year they'll be debating about funding the 2012 budget ... as last year when they spent valuable time with the health care bill and just "overlooked" funding the budget. Deja vu?
    They should call it what it will really be...Amnesty part2!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    They should call it what it will really be...Amnesty part2!
    Isn't that what you want, you being a newly minted Libertarian and all. You may want to check into the immigration policies of your new party. I'm just sayin'.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Isn't that what you want, you being a newly minted Libertarian and all. You may want to check into the immigration policies of your new party. I'm just sayin'.
    Now Hew, why would you fabricate this myth about the Libetarian Party?

I suggest you go to lp.org and read the Platform. There is a section covering "migration". Nowhere is Amnesty supported.

But, like most major political parties there is some disagreement on issues. For instance, the two most visable Libetarians, Judge Napolitano and John Stossel disagree on Abortion Rights. The party stance is that it is an individual's decision. However, what we do agree on is a limited Federal Government and a balanced budget among other issues!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

My comments are in bold....

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Now Hew, why would you fabricate this myth about the Libetarian Party? For starters, a myth is a long-held yet incorrect belief that some people have. Thanks for the influence you think I have, but I am certainly not the first person to write that Libertarians are soft on immigration or that they support amnesty. Secondly, "fabricate" implies an untruth. Before you call someone a liar, you should really make sure the facts are on your side . And with respect to the Libertarian's bonafides regarding immigration....well, you just don't have the facts on your side.

I suggest you go to lp.org and read the Platform. There is a section covering "migration". Nowhere is Amnesty supported. Per your suggestion, let's just look at the Libertarian Party platform on "Free Trade and Migration"....here it is in its entirety:

3.4 Free Trade and Migration
    We support the removal of governmental impediments to free trade. Political freedom and escape from tyranny demand that individuals not be unreasonably constrained by government in the crossing of political boundaries. Economic freedom demands the unrestricted movement of human as well as financial capital across national borders. However, we support control over the entry into our country of foreign nationals who pose a credible threat to security, health or property.
    No wonder you didn't link it or post it. It's friggin' laughable. Moreover, it does not say, imply, or given its context, even HINT that it is against amnesty for illegals. Hell, until 2004 the official Libertarian Party platform called for an OPEN BORDER AND ABOLISHMENT OF THE INS. Their current platform, as noted above, calls for "unrestricted movement across national borders." That's the party who you want us to believe is tough on illegal immigration? Really?

In the last presidential campaign, the Libertarian Party candidate, Bob Barr was grilled on fellow Libertarian Neil Boortz' show re: amnesty:

Said Boortz:
    “It sounds to me that you’re saying, if you find an illegal immigrant in this country, and they’re willing to submit to a background check, that that could open the door to them staying here.”

Said Barr:
    “I think as a practical matter, that makes a lot of sense. I’m not sure how you would go about rounding up millions of people and trying to deport them. The key here is security….”
    But, like most major political parties there is some disagreement on issues. For instance, the two most visable Libetarians, Judge Napolitano and John Stossel disagree on Abortion Rights. Really? One of the most visable Libertarians is a 9/11 Truther like Napolitano? Ya'll should keep Napolitiano hidden in the woodpile unless you guys are intentionally shooting to be the Party of the Crackpots. The party stance is that it is an individual's decision. However, what we do agree on is a limited Federal Government and a balanced budget among other issues!
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

3.4 Free Trade and Migration
    We support the removal of governmental impediments to free trade. Political freedom and escape from tyranny demand that individuals not be unreasonably constrained by government in the crossing of political boundaries. Economic freedom demands the unrestricted movement of human as well as financial capital across national borders. However, we support control over the entry into our country of foreign nationals who pose a credible threat to security, health or property.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hew, you are dodging the issue of Amnesty!

Again, nowhere does the Libertarian Party support Amnesty. Amnesty for millions of illegals is what the Dems are getting ready to present in thier bill. Amnesty would make them citizens of the USA with full benefits. We are against this!

Also, note the part about Free Trade. If the Libertarians get thier way, we won't be paying people to sit on thier poarches doing nothing. That woud drastically cut the number of illegals entering the country for work. If the illegals are willing to work for less, that would be a part of Free Trade. It would make our mfg. more competitve globally.

You have to look at the big picture!

We have an estimated 12million illegals here now. Tell me where the status quo of Bush's or Obama's policy has worked?
    Last edited by Franco; 04-21-2011 at 08:10 AM.