The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should The Debt Ceiling Be Raised ?

Default Should The Debt Ceiling Be Raised ?

I say, NO!

The politicians are trying to scare the American people by saying we would default on our credit.

Yet, there is much waste in the new budget. Both parties are being irresponsible because both are protecting thier pet projects, earmarks/pork. The only difference between the two is their social agenda. Both represent big government.

Ryan's budget proposal is nothing more than a bandaide on a severed artery. Rand Paul's buget proposal which addresses the real issues of the deficit is not even being taken seriously in DC.

I see it as a complete failure of our Federal Government!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

raising the debt ceiling is like raising the credit limit on your credit cards all you will end up doing is spending more and max it out because you think you can
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

NO!!!!
    Cut then cut again, then cut some more. There is plenty of lard that needs to be lopped off that hog

Talking about it here is only good at finding out what our conservative brethern think. Have we all sent our views to our reps in DC? It's easy for me, I only have two to write to. One of our Senators is brain dead, so it does no good letting him know what I think...he's going to vote with the Obama crowd even if it was shown to him we have one leg over the cliff and the other on a banana peel.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Talking about it here is only good at finding out what our conservative brethern think. Have we all sent our views to our reps in DC? It's easy for me, I only have two to write to. One of our Senators is brain dead, so it does no good letting him know what I think...he's going to vote with the Obama crowd even if it was shown to him we have one leg over the cliff and the other on a banana peel.

UB
    My state senators are the mealy mouth Harry Reid, and cant keep it in his pants John Ensign...who do you suggest I write to
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Freedomewatch.org has a listing of all Senators and Congressmen with email addresses as well as all the bills that are up for vote. I usually email my thoughts on every issue to the Louisiana folks.

I would suggest y'all do the same no matter which planet they live on
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    My state senators are the mealy mouth Harry Reid, and cant keep it in his pants John Ensign...who do you suggest I write to

At least you recognize your predicament. Get in touch with your local TEA Party crowd and get involved in putting up someone with the onions to get rid of the union thug influence that keeps a slug like Reid in office.

As you recall, we had the previous 'leader', but got lucky we had a John Thune to oust him. At the time, I thought we couldn't have a more smarmy politician in the Senatorial role than Dashole..but I was wrong. "dingy" Harry is by for worse...but when we are talking percentages in the single digits, it's not much of a donkey race.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Sorry guys, surprising as it may be, I disagree.

That money has ALREADY BEEN SPENT. Not backing it up, with whatever ill-begotten ways, could render the dollar worth the paper its printed on.

I've been harping on this matter for over 10 years. But we kept running up debt left and right. (pun intended) Now, one side is going to pretend to take responsibility by defaulting on promises that THEY THEMSELVES made to the American people.

We must authorize this, swallow that bitter pill, and enact REAL FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY....that comes in the form of budgets, not loan defaults and bond withdrawls, and denial of vital services.

Oh, and if this measure fails to pass, and we do default on payments....we will NOT come out smelling like a rose....and whichever party is perceived as being responsible, will likely cease to remain a viable force in politics. Not that I care for either major party, but I suspect the GOP and tea party would take it on the chin.
    Last edited by dnf777; 04-19-2011 at 04:52 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Sorry guys, surprising as it may be, I disagree.

That money has ALREADY BEEN SPENT. Not backing it up, with whatever ill-begotten ways, could render the dollar worth the paper its printed on.

I've been harping on this matter for over 10 years. But we kept running up debt left and right. (pun intended) Now, one side is going to pretend to take responsibility by defaulting on promises that THEY THEMSELVES made to the American people.

We must authorize this, swallow that bitter pill, and enact REAL FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY....that comes in the form of budgets, not loan defaults and bond withdrawls, and denial of vital services.

Oh, and if this measure fails to pass, and we do default on payments....we will NOT come out smelling like a rose....and whichever party is perceived as being responsible, will likely cease to remain a viable force in politics. Not that I care for either major party, but I suspect the GOP and tea party would take it on the chin.
    Actually, defaulting could be very strategic in us heading down a sound financial road.

First, it would demonstrate that we are serious about the problem and realize spending more is not the answer. Second, there is till a lot of wasteful spending in the budget and would force cuts in many of the unneeded areas.

By addressing the problem instead of hiding from it, we gain credibility.

Here in WI, we voted Feingold out and Johnson in.
    You would like Ron Johnson.

Another guy we sent to Washington is a guy named Paul Ryan.
    You may have heard of him, Obama has, as long as Ryan is around Obama is only the second smartest guy in the room!!
    And he don't like that!!!!!

I helped both Johnson & Ryan with $$ and my votes.
    We are doing our end!!!!!

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 04-19-2011 at 05:52 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis