The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GDG - Throwing Sand in the sandbox - GDG

Default GDG - Throwing Sand in the sandbox - GDG

POTUS now has two formerly regular users who are in a timeout for a period.

In both cases, they seemed to feel that it was fine to bait their opponents, argue on issues, but then come to RTF administration when they felt like the response was too harshly directed at them.

Guys and gals.

The guidelines remain the same on POTUS and all RTF forums. Be civil or be banned.

There are two users who are on a break from posting here due to their game-playing. I don't have time to play games. I'm sure most of you do not either.

Treat others as you would like to be treated. If you hop into the sandbox or mosh pit, and start flinging sand or dancing about, please don't be surprised if you are not met with sympathy, when you report someone else getting sand in your eyes or stepping on your blue suede shoes.

OK Elvis?

Thanks,

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Let me make two guesses.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Holy smokes! Wonder what they are gonna do with all that free time ???
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Holy smokes! Wonder what they are gonna do with all that free time ???
    That right there is funny, I don't care who you are!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Chris,

Who is suspended?

I've only received an email referring to names being forwarded to the mods?

Who are the mods, and where have they been? Seems like they've been playing air-traffic controller at the helm??
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

Who are the mods, and where have they been? Seems like they've been playing air-traffic controller at the helm??

in my best fake Mexican bad guy voice.........

Moderators? We don't need no stinkin' moderators!

... I never was a good fake Mexican.

say what you feel,
    mean what you say.
    If you wouldn't say it to my face.
    just don't type it and step away.
    'cause every time you hit submit.
    it's there forever on the internets.
    and if your gonna run and cry,
    don't let the door hit ya.....
    just say......
    good by!!

and that is what I think about that 
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    in my best fake Mexican bad guy voice.........

Moderators? We don't need no stinkin' moderators!

... I never was a good fake Mexican.

say what you feel,
    mean what you say.
    If you wouldn't say it to my face.
    just don't type it and step away.
    'cause every time you hit submit.
    it's there forever on the internets.
    and if your gonna run and cry,
    don't let the door hit ya.....
    just say......
    good by!!

and that is what I think about that 
    Get up on the wrong side this morning, Ken?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    That right there is funny, I don't care who you are!

RK
    What is "funny" in a peculiar way, is that you're still here, and anyone who opposes you, even in a civil manner, is gone.

Now I and everyone else knows what you meant when you said, "I did what I said I would do".

To Chris, I say take me off your forum. It is not moderated well, and is largely useless. Even the main forum is becoming laden with insults and sniping. Most accomplished trainer/handlers stay away, or don't comment much anymore. Newbies are to the point of being pushed into their own room?? Not a positive direction IMO, but its your list, and good luck with it.

To my friends, farewell, I have enjoyed talking, debating, and bouncing ideas around. I have learned a lot from you guys....Hew, Franco, Duck, Ken, Cary, Stump, Buzz, Gerry and others.

To those who helped run me off...I have nothing to say to you, except, YOU WON. You may feel victorious in running off all opposing voices, but you will someday realize, you only hear yourself in that manner, and that stunts growth.

Chris, I hope we can remain friends outside the forum. To show I am more than words, I am asking to be removed from the active list. That is my action. My words would be in order to save this list, I would also remove Stan, Sandyq, UB, and others who's sole purpose of posting is to demean others and contribute nothing to dog training or other stated purposes of the forums. You have exhibited a large double-standard in your enforcement of the rule "BE CIVIL OR BE BANNED". No doubt things will quiet down for a while, but as long as you tolerate the behavior of those above, this problem will resurface from time to time. And take note: all the times you've had to intervene....me, Gibson, Roger......there has also been ONE common denominator in all those situations.....the one who "did what he had to do".......

This is no longer a "sandbox" when certain users post others' place of employment information in an effort to discredit them or their profession. You had a chance to stop that behavior and didn't. When people then say they carried out threats, I have to go to my websites and see if my practice has been anonymously trashed on grading sites. I didn't see any moderator intervention there, and frankly, and oddly, the recipient of that action is now also banned, as where the perpetrator is not.

This list just isn't worth the hassle nor time anymore. I'm sure many could say the same thing lately.

Via con Dios,

Dave
    Last edited by dnf777; 04-20-2011 at 01:24 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Dave, don't leave!

We need diversity of opinons here.

POTUS is loaded with right-winged Republicans. It is down to two Libetarians(old-fashioned Conservatives) against the Limbaugh/Hannity Conservatives and Roger if and when he returns!

Before you know it, they'll be touting a Palin/Bachman ticket...help!!!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

He's not going anywhere unless he gets banned. How many times has he promised he was leaving? Boy crying wolf regards.
    Bill Davis