The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military funerals

Default Military funerals

Don't know if anyone has heard it yet but there was a military funeral in Mississippi that the Westbrook Babtist Church intended to protest recently. One of the Westbrook members arrived early and began to spew his hate speech at a local establishment and proceeded to get the total bejusus beat out of him. Can't really agree with his treatment but can't sympathize with him either. But the best part was that when the rest of the protesters arrived a day early and checked into a hotel or motel, they found that each and every vehicle with a Kansas license plate was blocked by a local vehicle and was unable to move. the tow trucks eventually arrived but alas, the funeral was over before they could get to it Wouldn't be surprised that even if any vehicles were towed that there was no tow charge

Just to let you know that us southern hillbilly crackers aint as dumb as some might think. Maybe we deserve credit from YAWLL for a fair amount of ingeneuity for getting things done

Great job, YAW'LL !
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Mississippi is a great state. I used to go to TRW's plant in Louisville in the early 90's and you couldn't meet nicer people anywhere. I'd move down there in a minute if it wasn't for the humidity and the kudzu.

Here's a link describing the event:

http://thehayride.com/2011/04/westbo...ppi-and-loses/

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    Mississippi is a great state. I used to go to TRW's plant in Louisville in the early 90's and you couldn't meet nicer people anywhere. I'd move down there in a minute if it wasn't for the humidity and the kudzu.
    Lived in upstate NY for 5 years when I worked for IBM. Coouldn't ask for nicer people. Shared an apt. with a friend who also worked for IBM named Ted Szynal, son of Polish catholics. Returned to be in his wedding and what a blast. quite different from mine in Greenwood, Ms. as he was in mine too. the plant had about 4000 employees and it seemed that all knew me. Named me "rebel", wonder why. When I got on intercom to computer room and said who I was they always said "we know who you are "rebel". I always kidded the that their concept of seeing the country was a plane trip to Miami I have fond memories of the place and the people.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Lived in upstate NY for 5 years when I worked for IBM. Coouldn't ask for nicer people. Shared an apt. with a friend who also worked for IBM named Ted Szynal, son of Polish catholics. Returned to be in his wedding and what a blast. quite different from mine in Greenwood, Ms. as he was in mine too. the plant had about 4000 employees and it seemed that all knew me. Named me "rebel", wonder why. When I got on intercom to computer room and said who I was they always said "we know who you are "rebel". I always kidded the that their concept of seeing the country was a plane trip to Miami I have fond memories of the place and the people.
    Anywhere near Batavia??
    Bill Davis

not sure where Batavia is. Lived in Kingston,NY which is about 12 miles north of Pokeepsie and 50 miles south of Albany on the hudson river. there 1966-1971

The hacker group anonymous has laid out a map of their network and has password to all their routers and firewalls. Also you'll notice all of their websites are down. Hackers giving back to the community

That is the best thing I have read in a while. They showed up with 3-4 adults and a half dozen kids at my home town. Freedom riders had them out numbered about 20 to one and stood between them in ad the funeral procession. Like the blocking them in idea much better.
    Fritz Baier
    owned, trained and handled by:

GMHRCH-II MPR Baier's Mighty Waldimar
    MHR CPR Baier's Lady Gabrielle
    4 X GMPR MHR Baier's Lady Legacy of Tru Point MH Certified Therapy Dog

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    not sure where Batavia is. Lived in Kingston,NY which is about 12 miles north of Pokeepsie and 50 miles south of Albany on the hudson river. there 1966-1971
    I don't know all those places either, but your story of your co-workers reminded me of one my dad used to tell. He played minor league baseball in Batavia, NY in the 50's. He and one of his high school teammates were the only 2 southerners on the whole team. Both were pitchers. My dad was a lefty and the other guy was a righty. Whenever one of them was brought into the game, the little band in the stands would break into a rousing rendition of "Dixie'... He said the whole community treated the two "southern boys" very well.
    Bill Davis