The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Military funerals

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I don't know all those places either, but your story of your co-workers reminded me of one my dad used to tell. He played minor league baseball in Batavia, NY in the 50's. He and one of his high school teammates were the only 2 southerners on the whole team. Both were pitchers. My dad was a lefty and the other guy was a righty. Whenever one of them was brought into the game, the little band in the stands would break into a rousing rendition of "Dixie'... He said the whole community treated the two "southern boys" very well.
    I always blew their minds. Had a 100% polish Catholic roommate, dated a German Jew from Brooklyn named Susan Krieg, and one of my best friends was a black named Wilber Jackson from Virginia, a graduate and ex tight end from Virginia Union. I loved it

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I always blew their minds. Had a 100% polish Catholic roommate, dated a German Jew from Brooklyn named Susan Krieg, and one of my best friends was a black named Wilber Jackson from Virginia, a graduate and ex tight end from Virginia Union. I loved it
    Not what they thought a "southern boy" would be like!! Neat story!
    Bill Davis

"A few made it to the funeral but were ushered away to be questioned about a crime they might have possibly been involved in. Turns out, after a few hours of questioning, that they were not involved and they were allowed to go on about their business."

That is funny. I can imagine the conversation.
    "Well, boys seems like ya'll weren't involved. Ya'll free to go. Too bad you drove all this way fer nuthin' missin' the funeral and all. All the way from Kansas you say? Woo doggie- all that way with the price of gas as it is. Just a damn shame. Make sure ya'll stop by a local market and git sum boil peanuts. Come on back anytime ya hear?
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    "A few made it to the funeral but were ushered away to be questioned about a crime they might have possibly been involved in. Turns out, after a few hours of questioning, that they were not involved and they were allowed to go on about their business."

That is funny. I can imagine the conversation.
    "Well, boys seems like ya'll weren't involved. Ya'll free to go. Too bad you drove all this way fer nuthin' missin' the funeral and all. All the way from Kansas you say? Woo doggie- all that way with the price of gas as it is. Just a damn shame. Make sure ya'll stop by a local market and git sum boil peanuts. Come on back anytime ya hear?
    An watch out for them highway patrollmen, they'll git if youre over the speed limit. Got yer registration, insurance card, no broken tail lights, license plate clean? you did use youre turn signal when you changed lanes back there? Have a nice day but don't stop again but don't go over speed limit either. Come to think of it can you become INVISIBLE??