The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Gary Johnson First In??

  1. #1
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,764

    Default Gary Johnson First In??

    Gary Johnson announces presidential bid, plans to ski Tuckerman Ravine


    2 hours, 20 minutes ago

    CONCORD – Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson said Thursday he is seeking the 2012 Republican nomination for President of the United States.

    Johnson, who served as governor from 1995 to 2003, made the announcement on the steps of the New Hampshire State House.


    JOHNSON
    "Our leaders in Washington, DC, have ‘led’ America to record unemployment, a devalued currency, banking scandals, the mortgage crisis, drug crisis, economic crisis, loss of our nation’s industrial might — and a long list of other reminders our nation is way off course," Johnson said.

    "Why am I telling you this? Because America is better than this. And because I can help fix it. I’m a fix-it man," he said.

    Johnson, 58, said during two terms as New Mexico governor, he eliminated the state’s budget deficit and cut the rate of state government growth in half while reducing the state workforce by more than 10 percent without laying off a single qualified state worker.

    "I was called ‘Governor Veto,’ and accepted that nickname proudly," he said.

    Johnson will spend three days in New Hampshire, including hiking and skiing Tuckerman's Ravine in the White Mountains on Saturday, April 23.

    __________________________________________________ ______

    Don't know a lot about this guy, but the game is on.

    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  2. #2
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Gary Johnson announces presidential bid, plans to ski Tuckerman Ravine


    2 hours, 20 minutes ago

    CONCORD – Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson said Thursday he is seeking the 2012 Republican nomination for President of the United States.

    Johnson, who served as governor from 1995 to 2003, made the announcement on the steps of the New Hampshire State House.


    JOHNSON
    "Our leaders in Washington, DC, have ‘led’ America to record unemployment, a devalued currency, banking scandals, the mortgage crisis, drug crisis, economic crisis, loss of our nation’s industrial might — and a long list of other reminders our nation is way off course," Johnson said.

    "Why am I telling you this? Because America is better than this. And because I can help fix it. I’m a fix-it man," he said.

    Johnson, 58, said during two terms as New Mexico governor, he eliminated the state’s budget deficit and cut the rate of state government growth in half while reducing the state workforce by more than 10 percent without laying off a single qualified state worker.

    "I was called ‘Governor Veto,’ and accepted that nickname proudly," he said.

    Johnson will spend three days in New Hampshire, including hiking and skiing Tuckerman's Ravine in the White Mountains on Saturday, April 23.

    __________________________________________________ ______

    Don't know a lot about this guy, but the game is on.

    RK
    Governor Who?
    Bill Davis

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Governor Who?
    The darling of the drug crowd , & his never ending favorable press in Reason, the Libertarian magazine.

    Wait, don't we have some who expouse the Libertarian creed on this forum? While a lot of their stuff of low taxes & limited givernment is good, the rest of their platform is from the hippie 60"s.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  4. #4
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    The darling of the drug crowd , & his never ending favorable press in Reason, the Libertarian magazine.

    Wait, don't we have some who expouse the Libertarian creed on this forum? While a lot of their stuff of low taxes & limited givernment is good, the rest of their platform is from the hippie 60"s.
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  5. #5
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,383

    Default

    Fox News told me he is a Republican who likes Weed and Abortions...... so that must be true.
    While I admit I have heard the name, I know next to nothing about him. We talked at work about him yesterday and one of my co-workers is a runner/swimmer/biker health nut girl. She thinks he is some athlete and had read of him in a triathlon magazine. They have triathlon magazines??? Should be interesting if he can raise money because not a lot of Republicians like weed and abortions. Thats about as hard to find as Janeane Garofalo at a Hank Williams Jr. concert.
     
     
     
    .
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  6. #6
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Fox News told me he is a Republican who likes Weed and Abortions...... so that must be true.
    While I admit I have heard the name, I know next to nothing about him. We talked at work about him yesterday and one of my co-workers is a runner/swimmer/biker health nut girl. She thinks he is some athlete and had read of him in a triathlon magazine. They have triathlon magazines??? Should be interesting if he can raise money because not a lot of Republicians like weed and abortions. Thats about as hard to find as Janeane Garofalo at a Hank Williams Jr. concert.
     
     
     
    .
    I read a little about this guy.

    I think he is the Republican's version of Gerry Brown!!!



    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  7. #7
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,383

    Default

    are ya thinkin' RINO, ya know?
     
     
    .
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  8. #8
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,124

    Default

    Almost sounds like Arnold OFF steroids!
    Bill Davis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •