The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sure is quiet around here!

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

i guess i don't understand the "fun" of discussing politics with people that have the same opinion. rk, sandyq, luvyerlabs, et al: do you just wanna come here and post up stuff that everyone agrees with and feel good about the e-group hug? if so, i understand your glee in opponents suspension/dismissal. your lives will be much more pleasant when you can just get the entire world to see things from your perspective.
    find me on the web

Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    i guess i don't understand the "fun" of discussing politics with people that have the same opinion. rk, sandyq, luvyerlabs, et al: do you just wanna come here and post up stuff that everyone agrees with and feel good about the e-group hug? if so, i understand your glee in opponents suspension/dismissal. your lives will be much more pleasant when you can just get the entire world to see things from your perspective.

Just what in my reply to why it was quiet had anything to do with what you posted?
    I stated why I have not been online today.
    Of course I will be very happy when the liberal idiots finally if ever wake up and smell the coffee.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Does anyone know why I have to post 10 messages before I can send a private message?

Quote Originally Posted by BrownDog12 View Post
    Does anyone know why I have to post 10 messages before I can send a private message?
    It's standard for all of RPF. Its a built in spam control thing, nothing personal.

I too share your frustration. I am trying to send a pm but cannot do so until I send ten posts. I guess I meant as well post away. Only six more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by BrownDog12 View Post
    I too share your frustration. I am trying to send a pm but cannot do so until I send ten posts. I guess I meant as well post away. Only six more to go!
    So what kind of retievers do you have? Just trying to help you get to ten posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Well...I guess I can say this. A significant number of the posts here, after the second and third in a thread, are not on the issue raised by the thread but rather on the people who've posted. I've run a lot of forums in the past including some very contentious ones. This is probably the worst as far as the content to insult ratio. Let's just leave it at that.

Eric
    IMO, a conscious effort on the part of those no longer here to scuttle threads. Try starting a thread with an eye to content & see what happened. Having one on ignore was similar to no longer subscribing to something that has proven meaningless.

IMO, I believe it will lead to some worthwhile discussions on subjects worthy of that effort. I personally think the folks here have a lot to offer each other on perspective.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    IMO, I believe it will lead to some worthwhile discussions on subjects worthy of that effort. I personally think the folks here have a lot to offer each other on perspective.
    Hmmm.... I think I'll have a piece of pie, and revisit in a while. I'm sure I'll learn something I didn't know before. PP is the place I always come for my news and editorial, not to mention my entertainment.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    That's all water under the bridge. It's a new day; it's a new dawn.

All together now...

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,......

or another song choice could be...
    "All you Zombies hide your faces.........."

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    i guess i don't understand the "fun" of discussing politics with people that have the same opinion. ....
    and that is a very good point. It would be like a Jehovahs Whiteness knocking on the door of a Kingdom Hall.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin