The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Recalls - What's the Latest?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Shots for signatures anyone?
    Guess I need the ladder.........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Guess I need the ladder.........

RK
    I think JD has it along with the broom.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Shots for signatures anyone?
    I did read about that. RK being it's in your neck of the woods thought you would be up on all of this. Down the hatch.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Another amusing story out of Wisconsin. Involves the Senator his Wife, his 25 year old mistress and the maid.
    http://saintpetersblog.com/2011/03/w...t-against-him/
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    Another amusing story out of Wisconsin. Involves the Senator his Wife, his 25 year old mistress and the maid.
    I don't know what is amusing about it.
    Seems pretty sad to me.
    And irrelevant to the desperation of the pail thumpers ruthless no boundaries efforts to maintain those union dues going to those union coffers!!

But hey, prurient interests often trump the real focus.
    A personal cheap shot on someone who's life is unraveling is far easier than stating a position on a topic.
    Maybe he will claim "I did NOT have sex with that woman!"
    Not an excuse, I am ashamed and sorry for him.

Is there a particular issue he stands for you don't like?

Standing by..........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I did read about that. RK being it's in your neck of the woods thought you would be up on all of this. Down the hatch.
    Wisconsin Recall Fight Heats Up As Democrats Complain Of 'Shots For Signatures' Deals

WASHINGTON -- In an effort to gather enough signatures to trigger recall elections of state senators in Wisconsin, some backers are turning to peculiar, unconventional and, it appears, even intoxicating means.

The Wisconsin Democratic Party is planning to file a complaint to the state Government Accountability Board alleging that a Republican signature-gatherer offered alcoholic beverages to a group of women to get them to sign a recall petition against a Democratic state senator.

Although that's not illegal in Wisconsin, it is strongly discouraged and, Democrats argue, evidence that Republicans don't really have enough grassroots support for their recall campaigns.

Republicans have until early next week to file recall petitions against eight Democratic state senators, more than half of the caucus that left the state in February to protest and delay the GOP's budget repair bill, which included a provision stripping public employees of their collective bargaining rights. So far, the state Republican Party has not filed any recall petitions, although they are reportedly planning to file two -- against state Sens. Dave Hansen and Jim Holperin -- on Thursday.

Meantime, Wisconsin Democrats have filed recall petitions against four Republican state senators and have until May 2 to get enough signatures for the four others, according to the state Government Accountability Board. The campaign will be a rarity for Wisconsin: there have been only four recall elections in the state's history.

According to a draft of the Democratic complaint to the GAB, obtained by The Huffington Post from a Democratic source, a woman who was at John's Main Event, a tavern in Burlington, Wis., with her friends on Feb. 27, "heard that someone was providing 'shots' to people if they signed a petition to recall State Senator Robert Wirch," a Democrat.

The woman, who signed the complaint, said a bartender showed her the recall petition and told her that if she signed it, she and her friends would get free shots.

The source also passed along an audio recording of the encounter, in which the woman says, "So you're going to get us -- one, two, three, four, five shots if we sign this?" A man responds, "That's right. ... I'll buy them."

There are many questions that remain surrounding the recording, including whether the bartender was joking and whether the woman actually supported recalling Wirch or was just egging on the signature-gatherer. But it does demonstrate that a party's reliance on a network of unsupervised signature-gatherers can end up causing headaches.

The indication that it's a petition to recall a Democratic senator comes when the woman expresses frustration and says it's "bullcrap" that "they went out of the state," referring to the Democratic state senators who fled to Illinois during the budget standoff. She later refers to the "Democrat."

At the end of the recording, another woman asks, "What are we signing again?" The first woman replies, "To recall them again, because it's bullshit that they left. And you get a shot out of it."
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

OK....be honest.....which one of you guys has not offered a woman drinks to get her to do something?
    And which of you ladies has not had a man try to get you liquored up??

C'mon........

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 04-22-2011 at 02:24 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I don't know what is amusing about it.
    This stuff is made for late night.
    "Did you hear about the recall protesters in Wisconsin showing up at a Rep. Senators house? The wife answers the door and tells them the Senator is shacking up with his 25 year old mistress. Both the wife and her maid are supporting the recall of the senator.
    Boy, talk about eroding your home base."

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Stan, where is the conservative base out there? Why aren't they filing recall petitions against every one of the Flee Baggers? What were there, 14 of them?
    Weren't you the one just yesterday whining about "Tea Bags"?

Weren't you the one just yesterday whining about "Tea Bags"?

Wasn't whining, I was calling you out. That term is disgusting and foul... As for Flee Baggers... Nothing foul about that (except the stench of these jerks screwing the public that voted them in)... Just signifies that they ran from doing their jobs. Sort of like Carpet Baggers going down south back in the day to take advatage of people, these 14, ran from or Fled from WI in order to not do the job they were elected to do. Are you really that dense?
    Last edited by huntinman; 04-22-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Wasn't whining, I was calling you out. That term is disgusting and foul... As for Flee Baggers... Nothing foul about that (except the stench of these jerks screwing the public that voted them in)... Just signifies that they ran from doing their jobs. Sort of like Carpet Baggers going down south back in the day to take advatage of people, these 14, ran from or Fled from WI in order to not do the job they were elected to do. Are you really that dense?
    Tea bags are disgusting and foul. Hey man, thanks for the heads up. Need to post this nationally. So the masses can get to cleaning their cupboards.
    P.S. Note to self-shoot off a email to Lipton. huntinman says tea bags are disgusting and foul.