The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Bill Dance fishing bloopers

Banned

Default Bill Dance fishing bloopers

Last edited by Roger Perry; 04-27-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    To my mind the best fishing show on TV. How could anyone not like one who can make fun of himself and still be so competent in what he does

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    To my mind the best fishing show on TV. How could anyone not like one who can make fun of himself and still be so competent in what he does
    So....why do you think Roger posted it?

Could it be that Roger stumbles and bumbles, gets timed out, and still manages to hook his bait everytime?

JDogger
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post

Could it be that Roger stumbles and bumbles, gets timed out, and still manages to hook his bait everytime?

JDogger
    Can't say anything. Once managed to hook my fishing partner in the ear

Ouch! been there, done that. Hope she forgave you. JDogger
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

I've been the one hooked a couple of times. Got to where I was carrying a pair of wire cutters with one friend.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post

JDogger
    No..
    I don't think so, Tim regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

I was emailed the video and thought it funny so I thought I would share.

Quote Originally Posted by jhixf564 View Post
    I've been the one hooked a couple of times. Got to where I was carrying a pair of wire cutters with one friend.

back a couple hobbies ago we used to get out of work in the middle of summer about 10-10:30 at night. Grab the gear and as Burlington is right on Lake Champlain launch and go out for Walleye until sun up at 5:00. So one morning just at dawn when the gulls come alive this breakfast seeking sea gull takes a 4 inch jointed top water Walleye lure off a planer board release and starts flying away. Ever reel in a Sea Gull with a Penn Reel on a 8 foot down rigger rod? It can be fun. Now lures are expensive and Sea gulls not exactly liked so I horsed it right in. In hind sight probably should have tired it out a bit more first. So here we are, smallish boat on big water, gentle rolling 3 foot swells and Sunrise coming up over the Green Mountains, and this lively as heck, hooked in the mouth Sea Gull thrashing about with two fat guys in the middle of three other downrigger rods, planer board mast and boards out on line. They squawk kinda loud as well. So as we are doing hand to hand trying to save my lure Bob, my fishing partner. Grabs the small wooden club we kept on the boat to beat fish with and smacks the gull as I held it. This angered the gull making it squawk louder and also caused the back treble hooks of the lure that was already hooked into the gulls beak, to become hooked into my hand. Apparently I squawk kinda loud as well. So I'm squawking, the gull is squawking and Bob is pulling back for a second swing with the club........
    And we head over the loudspeaker of the unnoticed State Warden Boat
    "STOP! Do Not Hit The Gull AGAIN!"
    Again? They saw us hit it the first time? So with all the squawking and flapping Bob grabbed the cutters and clipped the front hook off the lure and released the Gull. It kinda flew off. The Wardens tied up along side and had a great first aid box and helped wrap up my hand. Then checked our fish and licenses and told us not to beat Sea Gulls with clubs any more.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin