The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Polls show tea party support dropping fast

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    If there is not a brain between the two of them how would they know who is or is not qualified???????????? And if they had to choose between two conflicting pieces of advise without knowing anything about economics how would they make an intelligent choice?????????????
    At least Obama has kept us out of a depression which Palin herself said we were headed for and that only McCain was the only one to keep us out of a depression.
    Plueeze! I believe the ship would have righted itself without their spending meddling and have put the country in a worse position today than it would have been. I can't prove it nor can you disprove it.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

At least Obama has kept us out of a depression which Palin herself said we were headed for and that only McCain was the only one to keep us out of a depression.
    It is a depression ! Just because people are liars and not calling it by the correct name does not make it any less a depression. Ask all the people who now have family members who have no job and those people were forced to take in the relatives. Add friends to that list.........I know a couple who have friends living in their backyard in an RV. I am so thankful that so far our family all still have jobs but many people don't. And this depression is worse partly because of the food stamps being given out this time. Where people back in the 30s were at least growing most of ther own food it is a diffent ball game now. Not many who lost jobs this time even have a place to grow some food.
    Food stamps and welfare are what is keeping some families fed and clothed. When the unemployment ran out they used up savings if they had some. Then they dropped off the radar so to speak. Most people are only hearing about the gov unemployment figures. When that runs out most gov agencies are not being loud and clear about how many people are getting some form of aid. Never mind the families who are being taken care of by relatives and friends....who's counting them ? Like Obama some people only know about their well to do friends and family. "None are so blind as those who refuse to see."
    Last edited by charly_t; 05-01-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Really?

Have you been to a Costco or Sam's Club lately on a friday or saturday
    night? JD

Nope, but have you been lately on the 1st or 2nd of the month?
    Looked at all of the garbage food loaded in the cart that is paid for with an EBT card? God forbid we make them actually use an identifiable FOOD STAMP like of old.
    PAcks of single size chips etc. Meat more expensive than I would buy.
    Bring back standing in a line for a loaf of bread and bag of rice! If you want to scrounge from the taxpayers it should be public!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    And this depression is worse partly because of the food stamps being given out this time.

Can you expand on that a little?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Can you expand on that a little?
    Yes. Instead of them raising some food and helping themselves we are paying for their food. They are more dependent on taxpayers. Back in the 30s we had a more rural population than now. The soup kitchens back then served cheaper ( and healthier ) food than what the poor are living on now.

I might add..........we are sure feeding more people with taxpayer money of course since we have a lot more people in this country than back then.
    Last edited by charly_t; 05-01-2011 at 11:32 AM.

It is a depression ! Just because people are liars and not calling it by the correct name does not make it any less a depression. Ask all the people who now have family members who have no job and those people were forced to take in the relatives. Add friends to that list.........I know a couple who have friends living in their backyard in an RV. I am so thankful that so far our family all still have jobs but many people don't.
    They're some of the luckier ones. I'm seeing people camped in Walmart parking lots.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

You know, it's all subjective.
    My Mom & Dad lived through "The Depression."
    They had jobs, but no food.
    There wasn't any.
    Meat was all but impossible to get.
    (as they told it)

Today our poor who are suffering and on subsistance have;

Cable TV, smart phones, high speed internet and dress pretty damned well.

Depression?
    Maybe just time to "CUT SPENDING!!"

At least around here that is what I see.
    If anyone here is "starving," please let me know, I have a freezer full of venison, I will give you some.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

It is a depression ! Just because people are liars and not calling it by the correct name does not make it any less a depression. Ask all the people who now have family members who have no job and those people were forced to take in the relatives. Add friends to that list.........I know a couple who have friends living in their backyard in an RV. I am so thankful that so far our family all still have jobs but many people don't. And this depression is worse partly because of the food stamps being given out this time. Where people back in the 30s were at least growing most of ther own food it is a diffent ball game now. Not many who lost jobs this time even have a place to grow some food.
    Food stamps and welfare are what is keeping some families fed and clothed. When the unemployment ran out they used up savings if they had some. Then they dropped off the radar so to speak. Most people are only hearing about the gov unemployment figures. When that runs out most gov agencies are not being loud and clear about how many people are getting some form of aid. Never mind the families who are being taken care of by relatives and friends....who's counting them ? Like Obama some people only know about their well to do friends and family. "None are so blind as those who refuse to see."
    Are you forgeting that business's and banks started failing in 2007 and that the unemployment kept sliding after Obama became President????????????
    Did you really think a change in the Presidency would halt the slide immediately no matter who won the election????????????????? The Bush administration increased spending the last 2 years he was in office, and never included the cost of the 2 wars into the budget. did you expect Obama to come in and cut out all the programs Bush put into motion????????????? Get real.

Are you forgeting that business's and banks started failing in 2007 and that the unemployment kept sliding after Obama became President????????????
    Did you really think a change in the Presidency would halt the slide immediately no matter who won the election????????????????? The Bush administration increased spending the last 2 years he was in office, and never included the cost of the 2 wars into the budget. did you expect Obama to come in and cut out all the programs Bush put into motion????????????? Get real.
    No Rog, I have not forgot that..........we haven't had a good president with the nerve to do what was good for the country in a good while. "CHANGE" was promised and I am not seeing it, just more spending. And forget about throwing Bush up to me because I got news for you.......I did not vote for him either ( nor Gore ). The correct moves have not been made by very many in any office for many years now. I vote but I don't like my choice's very often anymore. Main election I vote for the least offensive person I see running.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    They're some of the luckier ones. I'm seeing people camped in Walmart parking lots.
    Not sure where these people were living/camping when people stepped up to help them.