The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

View Poll Results: How do you think the POTUS subforum is serving RTF? Is it providing any value?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it is fine. Leave it alone.

44 53.66%
  • I think it has gotten better recently due to the departure of some prolific posters.

15 18.29%
  • I think it is a trainwreck and I avoid it.

16 19.51%
  • I think you need to crack down and enforce the guidelines more strictly.

8 9.76%
  • Other, please explain with a reply.

7 8.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The status of the POTUS subforum on RTF forums?

Default The status of the POTUS subforum on RTF forums?

Please take a moment to click a button. I'm sincerely interested in your opinions on this.

How do you feel that today's POTUS board is operating? Do you feel it is giving any value?
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

I said other, because I think it has value and people should be able to express political views outside of the normal forum page. Having said that, I do avoid posting or reading the POTUS page. We're all passionate people and it always has the potential of getting out of hand.

even though I dont wish banishment on anyone, the underlying subplots,inuendos and barbs were distracting from the thread subject...do we need diverse opinions ABSOLUTELY but be contrary just to stir trouble isnt helpful either..IMHO the tone is much different, and people still push the envelope,but that happens on the regular forums too...maybe it was a good wake up call for EVERYONE

MY .02
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Using the 'SWAG' method, I'm thinkin' Training Forum participants would pick choices #3 & #4 in large numbers if they happen to find this poll.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

I voted to leave it alone. You will always have to ask a few to leave on any forum, POTUS or the main one.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I know I am enjoying it more. But I have made a decision to just ignore the poster(s) that rile me up. Don't mind debating, but the BS for the sake of BS just gets old. Free speech doesn't mean we have to listen regards...
    Bill Davis

I voted #1 ... BUT ... I also agree with Bon's post that it is good to have diverse opinions, but ones that are reasonably stated.

There are some pretty bright people in the group who post on this sub-forum, but things get off-track into what appears to be just sparring.

I don't think it's something Chris can do anything about ... it's up to the participants to make interesting discussions.

I enjoy hearing the opinions of other dog-folk & their political leanings.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I think that you need to develop new (other) guidelines and then follow them with a moderator (maybe two...one of each persuasion) assigned to specifically this section.

Eric

I voted #!. You can't legislate civility nor can you outlaw stupidity. Thanks Chris for providing these forums all of which I visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    I think that you need to develop new (other) guidelines and then follow them with a moderator (maybe two...one of each persuasion) assigned to specifically this section.

Eric
    mildly disagree, the ladies that moderate now, Lainee and Vicky T are the most impartial moderators we could get, its kind of embarrassing when they have to come to the forum and hit people with a rolled up newspaper (figuratively speaking), having moderators with a political agenda only leads to gridlock , just like our current govt....

I dont know how many if any ever took a speech and debate class in school, but I can guess who did and who probably didnt, but IMHO many on here debate their opinions using emotion instead of using some good old fashioned common sense,logic,and FACTS...NOW DONT GET ME WRONG , THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING PASSIONATE ABOUT YOUR POINT OF VIEW

But its not about who gets last word, or who gets last laugh....its about everyone getting a chance to express their opinion on a particular subject
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"