The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: How do you think the POTUS subforum is serving RTF? Is it providing any value?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it is fine. Leave it alone.

44 53.66%
  • I think it has gotten better recently due to the departure of some prolific posters.

15 18.29%
  • I think it is a trainwreck and I avoid it.

16 19.51%
  • I think you need to crack down and enforce the guidelines more strictly.

8 9.76%
  • Other, please explain with a reply.

7 8.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The status of the POTUS subforum on RTF forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    This is they way the Democrats view the world.

You know the attitude, they can't take care of themselves so Big Brother needs to take care of them.

Any shortness on the main forum has nothing to do with POTUS Place.

For me, it's like Rush or Stern, no one can force you to listen to them as you have other options. Options are what a free society is all about. And not, we need to take care of them for they know not what they are doing BS.
    and here we go. It took three whole posts for someone to try and insult me for my opinion and to make my entire point.
    1. I am in no way a dem, not on any single subject. I am as conservative as anyone you'll ever meet. I'd venture to say that you are more liberal on several subjects than I will ever be Franco.
    2. Don't try and deny that you meant your post as an insult because it is plain to see that's how it was intended.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    and here we go. It took three whole posts for someone to try and insult me for my opinion and to make my entire point.
    1. I am in no way a dem, not on any single subject. I am as conservative as anyone you'll ever meet. I'd venture to say that you are more liberal on several subjects than I will ever be Franco.
    2. Don't try and deny that you meant your post as an insult because it is plain to see that's how it was intended.
    Again, your original comment is an attitude I would expect from a Democrat. That's because that is how Democrats operate as I pointed out in my post.

You may be a Hannity/Limbaugh Conservative which is very different from a Goldwater Conservative. I much prefer Goldwater!

Yes, I called your opinion BS. I thought I was pretty clear about that.

You made the post and I countered it. That's what happens on opinion boards.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Again, your original comment is an attitude I would expect from a Democrat. That's because that is how Democrats operate as I pointed out in my post.

You may be a Hannity/Limbaugh Conservative which is very different from a Goldwater Conservative. I much prefer Goldwater!

Yes, I called your opinion BS. I thought I was pretty clear about that.

You made the post and I countered it. That's what happens on opinion boards.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    I won't insult you for your opinion, but I would like to note the delicious irony of your original post in this thread. C'mon, you gotta admit that tips on improving RTF content/format and wanting everything to be less argumentative coming from one of the main players in an RTF knock-off/competitor that was begun putatively because RTF wasn't contentious enough is pretty funny, no?
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    I won't insult you for your opinion, but I would like to note the delicious irony of your original post in this thread. C'mon, you gotta admit that tips on improving RTF content/format and wanting everything to be less argumentative coming from one of the main players in an RTF knock-off/competitor that was begun putatively because RTF wasn't contentious enough is pretty funny, no?
    If that was why we started the other forum it would be but it isn't so it's not.

I voted for number one, I like to read, I participate rarely, if it gets too much I go back to the main forum. But sometimes it is entertaining to watch the train wreck!

That aside, I do learn things here sometimes.

Earlene