The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: How do you think the POTUS subforum is serving RTF? Is it providing any value?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it is fine. Leave it alone.

44 53.66%
  • I think it has gotten better recently due to the departure of some prolific posters.

15 18.29%
  • I think it is a trainwreck and I avoid it.

16 19.51%
  • I think you need to crack down and enforce the guidelines more strictly.

8 9.76%
  • Other, please explain with a reply.

7 8.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The status of the POTUS subforum on RTF forums?

Ignore works really well, either using the feature or just not reading some of the stuff posted. I personally appreciate someone who is clever & informed, though that might not get one far in the political arena. But there are many who post regularly on POTUS that are pretty sharp.

Many don't pay attention to the political side, which I believe to be a major error on their part. Government owns more property that we could use for our sport, I see no one effectively working that angle.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Ignore works really well, either using the feature or just not reading some of the stuff posted. I personally appreciate someone who is clever & informed, though that might not get one far in the political arena. But there are many who post regularly on POTUS that are pretty sharp.

Many don't pay attention to the political side, which I believe to be a major error on their part. Government owns more property that we could use for our sport, I see no one effectively working that angle.
    Bingo... .
    Bill Davis

Chris, I don't visit as much as I used to and rarely post, but it is certainly not because of the tone of the forum. Like we discussed over the phone a while back, I don't (normally) get riled up by someone on the internet, so it didn't bother me too much before things happened either. If I had a job that still allowed me all of the free time that I used to have at work, I would still be a 'prolific poster'...hope I wasn't one of the problems mentioned in the poll... It seems to be a little more civil around here, but it's also kinda dead sometimes. Not nearly as much being posted as in the past, but maybe it's a case of quality over quantity.

Mostly I appreciate a good argument. Some "fire" is to be commended. We have too many people anymore who don't stand up for anything. Personally I like hearing from both sides but hate the "talking down" to some people that goes on. We have some very smart people posting here. They express themselves well and often say something that I wish I was smart enough to have said. I don't think this forum needs any changing. Debate keeps things alive on here. There are times when I have said things that I should not have said so I can overlook it some in others. I don't like the attacks on other posters.

Politics is a little messy, just like flying can be a little turbulent, it's the nature of the beast.
    How could a PP really be any different?
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Senior Member Lesa Cozens Dauphin's Avatar

I do think sometimes people get out of control, but for the most part it is okay.

The name calling is what gets old.

lesa c
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers

Since I'm an RTFer to the bone, I would be lost if this BB went away. Although I've been flayed by the best of them, I still like this group due to the common bond of our dogs. I just don't understand why some seemingly are so thin skinned, they just can't handle any course discussion without running to the moderator to reprimand some poster. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the burning outhouse.

The last time Chris had to come aboard to handle a dispute was utterly childish. Talk about a few cry babies mucking it up. It should have been handled easily, but those with their noses outa joint had to involve a mod that would take their side...like they needed mommy to handle that big bad bully. HEY! This is a passionate get-together. Don't participate if you can't handle getting your hair ruffled.

As much as I would rather knee Roger in the groin than try to answer what I view as complete inanity, I certainly wouldn't go crying to the POTUS moderator that he should be banned...nor was I complaining to Chris about any of the slams the conservatives were getting lambasted with almost daily. I can handle getting my nose bloodied up without P & M to the 'boss' and taking him away from what he'd rather do than deal with the phoniness of supposed men acting like children because "words were stated they didn't like or agree with". What happened? Were you never taught the childish chant of "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me!?"

There's no question this BB is as polorized as most of the nation has become. SO WHAT??? Deal with it, and stop whining about how you got your feelings hurt. Chris and his Mods have better things to do than hold your hand. Either grow a pair, or hop off the bus.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

When I log onto RTF, first place I go to is POTUS Place.

Thanks for the resource Chris!

I'll bet those that voted Train Wreck are Potus' heaviest readers.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

I can't believe people take stuff they read about politics on a DOG board so seriously they have to go sniveling to a moderator! I'm sorry Chris, that you have to spend time soothing ruffled feathers and getting grief from people that have terminal cases of Last-Word-itis but I don't think it's any worse on POTUS than on the main board. I guess that's the nature of success, the more people that use the resource, the greater the likelihood that whiney crybabies who've spent a lifetime blaming others for their shortcomings will do the same online.

FWIW I do think that we as sportsmen and women need to be very aware of local, state and national happenings that affect what we love to do, whether it's restrictions on our Constitutional rights or redistribution of our assets to the trifling. J'm more interested in what someone who shares my interests has to say about current events than the woman in front of me at the prescription counter that thinks Obama is going to pay all her bills.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    When I log onto RTF, first place I go to is POTUS Place.

Thanks for the resource Chris!

I'll bet those that voted Train Wreck are Potus' heaviest readers.
    It is easy to see who voted for what just click on the number after the poll question. Some people voted more than once for different poll questions.