The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: How do you think the POTUS subforum is serving RTF? Is it providing any value?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it is fine. Leave it alone.

44 53.66%
  • I think it has gotten better recently due to the departure of some prolific posters.

15 18.29%
  • I think it is a trainwreck and I avoid it.

16 19.51%
  • I think you need to crack down and enforce the guidelines more strictly.

8 9.76%
  • Other, please explain with a reply.

7 8.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The status of the POTUS subforum on RTF forums?

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I think Chris should do with PP, whatever Chris wants to do.

I don't really understand the point of this poll being on PP and not the main forum. As a small part of RTF, of course the contributors to PP would like it to continue as is. The poll reflects this.

The vast majority of RTF members do not visit or post on PP. Should they not have a voice in the continuation or demise of a sub-forum? In addition, maybe the poll should not have been public, or whatever, where your vote is identified with your user name. Some members might not choose to not be associated with a particular stance, vis a vis on this issue. We’ve already seen some insinuations, not the least my own below.

I wonder what was his point?

What did Chris wish to learn?

A small number voted that they were pleased with the departure of some prolific posters. Oddly, some that did make that choice are also prolific posters. Go figure.They are willing to comment on any and every post. Or, they start threads, with simple one-liners, looking for substantiation for their political philosophy. Or, they copy and paste from political blogs and emails entire texts rather than just making the effort to provide a link.

I care little for long winded political debates on PP. No one has ever changed anyone else’s mind here, never. I come here for relief from long days at work, when I do not have time to watch a movie, or I am sick of watching the news cycle over and over again. I enjoy poking sticks at stupidity, yours or mine.

I’ll not re-edit this again.

If PP was mine to do with…I would move it to another website and just provide a link on RTF.

www.pp.com

I would move PP to another site….and just walk away….Why moderate?

…and if you brought politics to RTF…I would ban you.

I did not vote.

JDogger
    what if I brought the politics of the dog game,would I still get banned

Everyone love to watch a train wreck,and even with my dog training ideas/tips , I am not egotistical enough to think I can change anyone's heart or mind...but just like in dog training people want one of three things

1. validation that their POV or mindset is the correct path

2. listing a contrarian view just to spark debate

3. or by repeating their view that it enforces it as gospel and will somehow come true
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    what if I brought the politics of the dog game,would I still get banned

Everyone love to watch a train wreck,and even with my dog training ideas/tips , I am not egotistical enough to think I can change anyone's heart or mind...but just like in dog training people want one of three things

1. validation that their POV or mindset is the correct path

2. listing a contrarian view just to spark debate

3. or by repeating their view that it enforces it as gospel and will somehow come true
    Bon, I agree with you, but Shut up for a few days. It won't hurt. I promise. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

1. if that's a dare..no problem...you say when, does that include the RTF

2. if that's a request...no problem either...

3. may I still lurk
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

You get up on the wrong side of the bed Jdog?
    Bill Davis

I think Chris should do with PP, whatever Chris wants to do.

I don't really understand the point of this poll being on PP and not the main forum. As a small part of RTF, of course the contributors to PP would like it to continue as is. The poll reflects this.

The vast majority of RTF members do not visit or post on PP. Should they not have a voice in the continuation or demise of a sub-forum? In addition, maybe the poll should not have been public, or whatever, where your vote is identified with your user name. Some members might not choose to not be associated with a particular stance, vis a vis on this issue. We’ve already seen some insinuations, not the least my own below.

I wonder what was his point?

What did Chris wish to learn?

A small number voted that they were pleased with the departure of some prolific posters. Oddly, some that did make that choice are also prolific posters. Go figure.They are willing to comment on any and every post. Or, they start threads, with simple one-liners, looking for substantiation for their political philosophy. Or, they copy and paste from political blogs and emails entire texts rather than just making the effort to provide a link.

I care little for long winded political debates on PP. No one has ever changed anyone else’s mind here, never. I come here for relief from long days at work, when I do not have time to watch a movie, or I am sick of watching the news cycle over and over again. I enjoy poking sticks at stupidity, yours or mine.

I’ll not re-edit this again.

If PP was mine to do with…I would move it to another website and just provide a link on RTF.

www.pp.com

I would move PP to another site….and just walk away….Why moderate?

…and if you brought politics to RTF…I would ban you.

I did not vote.

JDogger
    As you have indicated so often, this place is so beneath you.

Yet you continue to post 1 liners, regulary, with little or no content and often sullen in nature.
    What exactly is your purpose?

Mine is entertainment and interaction with people I generally enjoy.

I read almost every post on RTF, especially those relevant to dog training issues.

There is little difference in the levels of vitriol exchanged there than here.
    ("Over-dogged Hunter" "FF" "English vs American" just to name a few)

Maybe to please you, nothing but dog training tips should be exchanged on this board.

BTW--Got any???

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 05-04-2011 at 06:02 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    1. if that's a dare..no problem...you say when, does that include the RTF

2. if that's a request...no problem either...

3. may I still lurk
    Bon,
    Please don't take the challenge of someone who indeed seems somewhat bitter as any indication of the majorities desires.
    This board would suffer without your input.

You are indeed "THE" model poster on this board and an example for us all.

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Smile

.....I care little for long winded political debates on PP. No one has ever changed anyone else’s mind here, never. .....

JDogger

not true,
    I have gone from
    "Oh, new person, cool"
    to
    "What a dill hole"
    with a couple folk after they type a bit here

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Bon, I'm thinking JD should take a break if he's grumpy, not you.

Buffalo Springfield regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

other----
    Sometimes the problem with subforums of that type is that the bad feelings and personal dislike carries over into the regular sections of the forum, and is very apparent in the responses that some people give to specific other people.
    It's why other forums that I'm on have been doing away with the political subsections.
    But I think Chris should do whatever he wants to do, it's his game and his rules. Anyone doesn't like it, don't play the game.

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA MHU SH MXP MJP XFP T2BP DJ VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

Perhaps one day, some people will wake up and realize 'it's just the internet'. I wish my life was so un-hectic that the most important thing I had going was whether someone behind a keyboard made me mad or not.