The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: How do you think the POTUS subforum is serving RTF? Is it providing any value?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it is fine. Leave it alone.

44 53.66%
  • I think it has gotten better recently due to the departure of some prolific posters.

15 18.29%
  • I think it is a trainwreck and I avoid it.

16 19.51%
  • I think you need to crack down and enforce the guidelines more strictly.

8 9.76%
  • Other, please explain with a reply.

7 8.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The status of the POTUS subforum on RTF forums?

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Bon, I agree with you, but Shut up for a few days. It won't hurt. I promise. JD
    I'm surprised you left this up for a while and did not edit it.

In your post prior, do you sincerely have questions for me? Or are you just posting rhetoricals for the whole public POTUS viewership to see?

You know how to reach me directly if you want to communicate with me.

Maybe I shouldn't be, but I'm really surprised by what you wrote to Bon quoted above.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Bon, I'm thinking JD should take a break if he's grumpy, not you.

Buffalo Springfield regards,
    Hey, JD, you cruised by here at 11:41. No comment? That's OK. I'll clean up.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Leave it alone. I like it. Besides I'm tired of people coming up with rules or banning things.

OUCH!!!!!

The back of someones head must be sore.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Chris,
    I don't think that POTUS has done anything positive for RTF. In fact, I think that POTUS has actually hurt the RTF community some. There are posters here that carry their negativity toward each other over to the main area. Many will deny that but you can certainly see it happen if you pay attention. There has been a much more negative "feel" to RTF the last several months that may not be all due to POTUS but I think it's part of it.

Over the years many friendships have developed thanks to RTF. Several small sit downs across the country where the only thing the people had in common were dogs and the only way they met was RTF. To me that is a great part of the community. So the question is, does POTUS carry on that part of RTF or does it do just the opposite, creating so much animosity that people will avoid each other at all costs?

Anyway, I assume that you may be having some similar thoughts on the matter which is what brought up the poll in the first place. Ultimately, I guess it just depends on what you want out of your website and whether or not POTUS helps to achieve those goals.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

I think it is fine.

Ever notice the vast majority of POTUS posters are both prolific posters and male?

Potus reminds me of when I was five yrs old. Me and my cousins lined up and had a p$$ing contest. We thought we could clear the hood of Mothers TBird. All we got was spanked.

Still stinging regards,
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Chris,
    I don't think that POTUS has done anything positive for RTF. In fact, I think that POTUS has actually hurt the RTF community some. There are posters here that carry their negativity toward each other over to the main area.

Is there some 'specific post or thread' you can reference on this topic, Russ?

I admit I don't post as often on the 'main' pages anymore. There seem to be, when I peruse the main forum, lots of newbies getting the necessary info without my input.

At the same time, should I proffer some advice, I doubt I was being 'negative' or antagonistic, anymore than those that act offended when a newbie asks for the same input without checking out that it's been provided beacoups times previously. That's been happening for as long as I've been a member of RTF, and certainly wasn't begun or transferred from the POTUS BB.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Chris,
    I don't think that POTUS has done anything positive for RTF. In fact, I think that POTUS has actually hurt the RTF community some. There are posters here that carry their negativity toward each other over to the main area. Many will deny that but you can certainly see it happen if you pay attention. There has been a much more negative "feel" to RTF the last several months that may not be all due to POTUS but I think it's part of it.

Over the years many friendships have developed thanks to RTF. Several small sit downs across the country where the only thing the people had in common were dogs and the only way they met was RTF. To me that is a great part of the community. So the question is, does POTUS carry on that part of RTF or does it do just the opposite, creating so much animosity that people will avoid each other at all costs?

Anyway, I assume that you may be having some similar thoughts on the matter which is what brought up the poll in the first place. Ultimately, I guess it just depends on what you want out of your website and whether or not POTUS helps to achieve those goals.
    This is they way the Democrats view the world.

You know the attitude, they can't take care of themselves so Big Brother needs to take care of them.

Any shortness on the main forum has nothing to do with POTUS Place.

For me, it's like Rush or Stern, no one can force you to listen to them as you have other options. Options are what a free society is all about. And not, we need to take care of them for they know not what they are doing BS.
    Last edited by Franco; 05-05-2011 at 04:42 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    I think it is fine.

Ever notice the vast majority of POTUS posters are both prolific posters and male?

Potus reminds me of when I was five yrs old. Me and my cousins lined up and had a p$$ing contest. We thought we could clear the hood of Mothers TBird. All we got was spanked.

Still stinging regards,
    and to my point, is having an area available for pissing contests helpful to RTF or not?
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Is there some 'specific post or thread' you can reference on this topic, Russ?

I admit I don't post as often on the 'main' pages anymore. There seem to be, when I peruse the main forum, lots of newbies getting the necessary info without my input.

At the same time, should I proffer some advice, I doubt I was being 'negative' or antagonistic, anymore than those that act offended when a newbie asks for the same input without checking out that it's been provided beacoups times previously. That's been happening for as long as I've been a member of RTF, and certainly wasn't begun or transferred from the POTUS BB.

UB
    It's more subtle than that UB. You know me well enough to know that I've been involved in my fair share of debates on RTF so that's not even what I mean. It's not even a specific person or post as much as just a general attitude I suppose.