The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fox reporting BIN LADEN DEAD

What great news to wake up to this morning!

I'm no fan of Obama, but props to him... it would have been very easy for him to have directed the military to bomb the house to hell or to have some Predators send some missles. He hung his neck out by OK'ing a raid deep into Pakistan where about a jillion things could have gone wrong. But he OK'ed the raid and it was flawlessly executed. Then they made the right decision to not arrest bin Laden but to cap his arse. Then they made the right call to dump his stinking carcass in the ocean. And as I understand it, the raid/dispensing of justice was over pretty quick, and the bulk of the 40 minutes on the ground was collecting a treasure trove of intel. I imagine there are U-Hauls in front of a lot of al Qaeda houses this morning.

Just a great day for America and a boost we sorely needed.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    well lets see......
    on the one hand, you keep the carcass and you end up creating a "holy place" where ever you had kept it or finally buried it
    or on the other hand
    Shoot it in the head and dump it in the sea and you get a stinking fresh bucket of chum.........
    perfect message sent, I feel.
    Shoulda wrapped it in a pig hide...
    Bill Davis

Banned

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
    - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
    - G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
    3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

At least we have a President who thought it important enough to hunt down and kill the bastard!!!!!!

"President Obama said he told CIA Director Leon Panetta when he first became president that killing bin Laden was to be the U.S.'s top priority in the fight against al Qaeda."

Congratulations to the U.S. Navy Seals.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post

At least we have a President who thought it important enough to hunt down and kill the bastard!!!!!!.

good thing he didn't keep any of Obama 2008's campaign promises to leave right away.
    I had hoped he would change.
    who says OJT don't work for Presidents!
    Good Job Team!

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    WHY did they toss his body into the sea? The extremist will forever claim that he did not die and credit him with every atrocity forever. Nonetheless, this is the best news in a very long time. Now maybe we can bring some our troops and money home?
    It will be difficult for anyone to take a pilgrimage to an unknown location at sea.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    It will be difficult for anyone to take a pilgrimage to an unknown location at sea.
    naw, think Lemings......

the result of their migratory behavior. Driven by strong biological urges, some species of lemmings may migrate in large groups when population density becomes too great. Lemmings can swim and may choose to cross a body of water in search of a new habitat. In such cases, many may drown if the body of water is so wide as to stretch their physical capability to the limit.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

For Uncle Bill..

http://www.freep.com/article/20110502/NEWS05/305020002/Detroit-area-Arab-Americans-Muslims-rejoice-death-bin-Laden?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
    Last edited by zeus3925; 05-02-2011 at 01:06 PM.
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

read on yahoo that bin ladens corpse was buried at sea to respect islamic tradition of remains being destroyed within 24 hrs. what the hell? i wanna see his corpse on the news. i want to see his corpse on display for the world to see what happens to terrorists. why show any respect to his effin corpse? AND that doesn't do much to put to rest any doubt. but whatever. it just rubs me the wrong way.
    find me on the web

Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    .... why show any respect to his effin corpse? ....
    to hope that others would do the same with ours,
    and because we are better than that.
    how well did it work for Little Bill once William Munny found out about Ned?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    read on yahoo that bin ladens corpse was buried at sea to respect islamic tradition of remains being destroyed within 24 hrs. what the hell? i wanna see his corpse on the news. i want to see his corpse on display for the world to see what happens to terrorists. why show any respect to his effin corpse? AND that doesn't do much to put to rest any doubt. but whatever. it just rubs me the wrong way.
    Obama birth certificate, there will always be doubters regards.