The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fox reporting BIN LADEN DEAD

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    What great news to wake up to this morning!

I'm no fan of Obama, but props to him... it would have been very easy for him to have directed the military to bomb the house to hell or to have some Predators send some missles. He hung his neck out by OK'ing a raid deep into Pakistan where about a jillion things could have gone wrong. But he OK'ed the raid and it was flawlessly executed. Then they made the right decision to not arrest bin Laden but to cap his arse. Then they made the right call to dump his stinking carcass in the ocean. And as I understand it, the raid/dispensing of justice was over pretty quick, and the bulk of the 40 minutes on the ground was collecting a treasure trove of intel. I imagine there are U-Hauls in front of a lot of al Qaeda houses this morning.

Just a great day for America and a boost we sorely needed.
    HEW giving acolades to President Obama? Next thing you know we will be hearing UB praising Obama's decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    to hope that others would do the same with ours,
    and because we are better than that.

I agree Ken......thanks to our Military!
    God bless our Troops and their Family!

Though justice needed to be exacted, I see no reason to "celebrate" the loss of a human life.

Other than that, "GOOD DAAAAAWG!!!!!"
    The Seals done good, a tremendous victory for the civilians, the policeman and especially those firefighters who heroically stormed back into that building with nothing on their minds but saving one more life if they could.

This is NOT a campaign add, it is about America and exacting justice for a horrible deed.

Wonder how many who are celebrating have ever witnessed the violent loss of life.
    It is not a party..........

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 05-02-2011 at 10:45 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Though justice needed to be exacted, I see no reason to "celebrate" the loss of a human life.

Other than that, "GOOD DAAAAAWG!!!!!"
    The Seals done good, a tremendous victory for the civilians, the policeman and especially those firefighters who heroically stormed back into that building with nothing on their minds but saving one more life if they could.

This is NOT a campaign add, it is about America and exacting justice for a horrible deed.

Wonder how many who are celebrating have ever witnessed the violent loss of life.
    It is not a party..........

RK
    Yep...was honestly disturbed last night when I saw the footage of people celebrating in the streets of NY.....reminded me of how angered I was by those who celebrated in the streets of Baghdad, etc when the WTC towers were destroyed.

Can only assume the video footage from NY, etc will make their way to the eyes of those who share OBL's sentiments toward our country, and I can't believe they will be anything but angered and motivated.

Surely, we can be relieved and grateful to our men and women in uniform without appearing to celebrate the death of OBL as if it were a Super Bowl win for our favorite team.

Quote Originally Posted by TxHillHunter View Post
    Yep...was honestly disturbed last night when I saw the footage of people celebrating in the streets of NY.....reminded me of how angered I was by those who celebrated in the streets of Baghdad, etc when the WTC towers were destroyed.

Can only assume the video footage from NY, etc will make their way to the eyes of those who share OBL's sentiments toward our country, and I can't believe they will be anything but angered and motivated.

Surely, we can be relieved and grateful to our men and women in uniform without appearing to celebrate the death of OBL as if it were a Super Bowl win for our favorite team.

This is what my first thoughts were also. Heraldo is an idiot!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
    - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
    - G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
    3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

At least we have a President who thought it important enough to hunt down and kill the bastard!!!!!!

"President Obama said he told CIA Director Leon Panetta when he first became president that killing bin Laden was to be the U.S.'s top priority in the fight against al Qaeda."

Congratulations to the U.S. Navy Seals.
    Wow, only took you a few minutes to turn what should be congratulations to the Obama administration into a rant about Bush. Good job, just shows what type of person you are.
    John Abramson

Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by TxHillHunter View Post

Yeah, I agree with you and RK...........job well done but sorry that another human suffered and died. It's like back when people had to shoot a rabid dog ( even their own dog ). It is not something to celibrate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Wow, only took you a few minutes to turn what should be congratulations to the Obama administration into a rant about Bush. Good job, just shows what type of person you are.
    What rant, just glad to see we have a President that did not give up the hunt for bin Laden. Obama also had the balls to send in the U.S. Navy Seals instead of just dropping a bomb or two. I am sure there is alot of intelligence information that was gathered rather than just being blown to smitheriens. There was a chance that things could have gone horribly wrong and that did not happen.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 05-02-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    It will be difficult for anyone to take a pilgrimage to an unknown location at sea.
    Funny, we dump Bin Laden at sea so there can be no pilgrimage, but the same people that claim they made this decision want a Mosque at "Ground Zero."

Sorry folks, this ain't passin' the smell test!!!!

Just sayin'.........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Funny, we dump Bin Laden at sea so there can be no pilgrimage, but the same people that claim they made this decision want a Mosque at "Ground Zero."

Sorry folks, this ain't passin' the smell test!!!!

Just sayin'.........

RK
    Your right it is funny, I thought bin Laden was killed after people wanted to build a mosque, and I did not know it was meant to honor bin Laden or the terrorists that flew the planes into the World Trade Center