The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To the U S Navy Seals!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Of course I agree with Stan. I applaud the actions of the Navy
    Seals. When in Radio school in Bainbridge Md. some Navy Seals visited and asked if anyone would be interested in becoming a Navy Seal. I said yes and later in school I was put into a hospital in Philidelphia because of a foot infection where I spent 3 weeks and lost out on the chance to become a Navy Seal.

I just get a kick out of seeing huntinman be the first to jump in and agree with everything Stan has to say.

Roger, that foot infection isn't the only thing that keep you from being a Navy SEAL. Just saying yes, doesn't cut it. I don't know you, but judging from your constant less than common sense posts, you were never SEAL material. Sorry if this hurts your feelings, but the truth tends to do that, at least thats what I have heard.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Job well done and I don't have to see a picture of Osama with half his head blown off to know that the misson was accomplished!

Neither do I. No self respecting Special Operator would go along with this type of lie. I believe we killed him, I believe we buried him. And to the Navy SEAL teams that conducted this raid, HOORAH!

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    Roger, that foot infection isn't the only thing that keep you from being a Navy SEAL. Just saying yes, doesn't cut it. I don't know you, but judging from your constant less than common sense posts, you were never SEAL material. Sorry if this hurts your feelings, but the truth tends to do that, at least thats what I have heard.
    I don't appreciate being called a liar. You are wrong and you can think what you want. I know what happened and I was set to go to SEAL school after I graduated from Radio School until the foot infection knocked me out of the running. However, to become a SEAL there is alot of hard physical training one has to go through. I cannot say I would have made it through the school all I said I was willing to try. I was in very good physical shape back then.
    If I remember right there were some running and swimming exercises involved and we had to show the recruiters that we could pass a few of their tests. After all that was 45 years ago.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 05-03-2011 at 07:41 AM.

I don't appreciate being called a liar. You are wrong and you can think what you want. I know what happened and I was set to go to SEAL school after I graduated from Radio School until the foot infection knocked me out of the running. However, to become a SEAL there is alot of hard physical training one has to go through. I cannot say I would have made it through the school all I said I was willing to try. I was in very good physical shape back then.
    If I remember right there were some running and swimming exercises involved and we had to show the recruiters that we could pass a few of their tests. After all that was 45 years ago.
    Yeah, I played HS football and a year of college....man I would have been a HOF player in the NFL if it had not been for my knee...and if I had been faster, taller, stronger, and had better skills, but I could have..
    Glory days.......
    Hey Roger I have not seen you out at Dempsey in a while, you still training dogs?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I have never been there, but from the little i do know, re: reads like "Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrel, the physical part is the easy stuff (and that's hard enough!) compared to the mental trials/testing tha SEAL candidates are put through. According to his story, he specifically trained for that program under a former team member and still had trouble.

I don't think Stumpholehunter said you were a liar Roger, he said in his opinion, you don't have the SEAL mindset from what you post here.
    Lots of guys say "Yes, I will" to get in the program but the majority of them end up saying "No, I can't" once they're there.

Whatever, we'll never know, but thank you for your service to our country in the capacity you did serve.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

The older I get, the better I was!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Roger, Roger, Roger, I didn't call you a liar. All I said was that I didn't think you had the metal to become a SEAL. I also said I didn't know you, based my opinion by your posts. And after all, it was an opinion, not the gospel. I still stand by it though.

A Seal would have chewed his foot open and sucked the infection out. Then he would have pulled his boot back on and went about his day
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    A Seal would have chewed his foot open and sucked the infection out. Then he would have pulled his boot back on and went about his day
    You just might have a unrealistic view, He would have been replaced.
    SEALS, yes.... Conan the Barbarian...No. Are they heroes...yes. Are they comic book superheroes...No. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    You just might have a unrealistic view, He would have been replaced.
    SEALS, yes.... Conan the Barbarian...No. Are they heroes...yes. Are they comic book superheroes...No. JD
    I have three old friends who were special ops. Two SEALS and one Army Special Forces. Three of the smartest and most unassuming guys you'd ever want to meet. You would never guess. They don't wear it on their sleeves. By the way, you don't sign up to be a SEAL, you are asked.
    Last edited by Buzz; 05-03-2011 at 11:15 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)