The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Presidents Announcement Bin Laden is dead

Default Presidents Announcement Bin Laden is dead

What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    Obama has shown he is an intelligent man. he kept the Bush/Cheney policies in place all this time and finalyy they worked. Good thing he did not close GITMO, cause that's where the intel came from...
    Bill Davis

From what I heard this morning intelligence from a few years ago gather at Gitmo led to Bin Laden's courier. Which led this large 3 story compound. Which raises a question. How or did this compound 35 miles from Islamabad go unnoticed by Pakistan officials? In any case, Omar is next.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

I think it's been thought right along that the P'stanis knew where Bin Laden was hold up. Supposedly this compound has been under construction for 3 or 4 years. Could be he just moved into this location more recently though.

Interesting ... if that helicopter crashed, how come no Americans were injured? Also would think that he would have been more heavily guarded. However, the SEALS are known for being able to take on a much larger force pretty effectively.

Obviously, the P'stanis were cooperative in not interfering with the US intrusion onto their soil. Maybe they were finally glad to get this out of their hair.

At least in this case, the collateral damage to other civilians in the compound was more limited than the mess in Gadaffi's son's home.

There is that chance that the way the body was handled would allow for propaganda that UBL was not really killed in the operation. One would think that there would have been photographs taken to identify him without leaving any doubt. They sure did run that DNA test pretty fast.

Burial at sea was a pretty clever way of avoiding establishing some kind of "shrine" at a definitive burial spot.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

At least in this case, the collateral damage to other civilians in the compound was more limited...

They sure did run that DNA test pretty fast.

Burial at sea was a pretty clever way of avoiding establishing some kind of "shrine" at a definitive burial spot.
    A+ Job.
    No US casualties, in and out, quick and surgical, burial at sea neat, fast and tidy. Deep six the swine. A tight, well thought out operation from start to finish. I wonder of the details, like the DNA. Did they move a lab onto the carrier, or fly the sample by jet? I'll look forward to the book or movie.

Last edited by achiro; 05-02-2011 at 04:04 PM.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

"The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Won't be long until the National Enquirer will have photos of Bin Laden hitting golf balls on the moon.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth